ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

Think Nacho is out of contract which is why there was the Barca talk about taking him as their back up LB option.

On the subject of LB's.....Kolasinac....can't stand the guy, just another duff buy by TOF because he was available on a free. We're paying this guy £120k a week to do what exactly :?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

oh and it looks like TV5 may be available on a free - he covered for Umtiti very well last year - he made 13 appearances for Barca and 5 for Belgium.
before he played for us he was exceptional - a solid no nonsense man marker, that the ex-manager bought to play zonally :banghead:

he's 32 ( same as Vertonghen) but has hardly played the last four years. if he can stay fit i think he would be another good squad addition.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:32 pm
oh and it looks like TV5 may be available on a free - he covered for Umtiti very well last year - he made 13 appearances for Barca and 5 for Belgium.
before he played for us he was exceptional - a solid no nonsense man marker, that the ex-manager bought to play zonally :banghead:

he's 32 ( same as Vertonghen) but has hardly played the last four years. if he can stay fit i think he would be another good squad addition.
He couldn't stay fit when he was with us the first time and he was like 24.

John F

Post by John F »

Saka looks a bit special coming through our youth system and should be ready for the step up next season.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

We're not signing anyone of note, don't even bother getting excited, the wiggy w@nker is tightening the purse strings (is that possible?!) ahead of the £60-70M loss coming up thanks to him backing old sh*t for brains Wenger.

Don't worry though Raul has a 'plan', don't make me laugh, it's like a f*cking Carry On film these days with all these corporate clowns running the club into the ground.

:roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:53 pm
We're not signing anyone of note, don't even bother getting excited, the wiggy w@nker is tightening the purse strings (is that possible?!) ahead of the £60-70M loss coming up thanks to him backing old sh*t for brains Wenger.

Don't worry though Raul has a 'plan', don't make me laugh, it's like a f*cking Carry On film these days with all these corporate clowns running the club into the ground.

In the interests of continuing the exciting topic of our finances have a listen to this recent interview on talksport between Perry Groves and Simon Jordan on Jim White's show. I like Perry as a bloke but he doesn't have a clue about financial management unfortunately and can't quite grasp the concept that if we are now running a loss before transfer income then Dick doesn't get the whole adidas deal in a oner to spend a percentage of :lol:

Jordan points out that the previous years transfer dealings prevented a loss of about £40M but Perry can't see that once the saleable assets have gone there is nothing to offset the losses against.

https://talksport.com/football/484885/a ... talksport/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:00 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

In the interests of continuing the exciting topic of our finances have a listen to this recent interview on talksport between Perry Groves and Simon Jordan on Jim White's show. I like Perry as a bloke but he doesn't have a clue about financial management unfortunately and can't quite grasp the concept that if we are now running a loss before transfer income then Dick doesn't get the whole adidas deal in a oner to spend a percentage of :lol:

Jordan points out that the previous years transfer dealings prevented a loss of about £40M but Perry can't see that once the saleable assets have gone there is nothing to offset the losses against.

I love Number One is Perry Groves as a player and a bloke, but you are right - he's as thick as a fat bird's thighs. :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:06 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

I love Number One is Perry Groves as a player and a bloke, but you are right - he's as thick as a fat bird's thighs. :lol:
:lol:

Wow unbelievable, I've always prefered Number Eleven is Perry Groves but each to their own eh :wink: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Wow unbelievable, I've always prefered Number Eleven is Perry Groves but each to their own eh :wink: :lol:
I had the pleasure of singing it to the great man himself at a petrol station with a mini bus full of mates off to see Colchester in some final at Wembley- he loved it

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/10/ivan-gaz ... n-9496803/

If this happens, all is forgiven Ivan! :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

StuartL wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:31 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

I had the pleasure of singing it to the great man himself at a petrol station with a mini bus full of mates off to see Colchester in some final at Wembley- he loved it
That's brilliant......but did he like Number 11 more than Number 1, that's the question :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Another Spaniard... Raul is a racist. :roll: :twisted:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

begeegs wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Well funnily enough look who they are trying to blame for signing him in the first place :shock:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... an-Gazidis

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:27 am
begeegs wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Well funnily enough look who they are trying to blame for signing him in the first place :shock:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... an-Gazidis
All is forgiven Wenger?. :roll: :twisted: :lol: