Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by rodders999 »

The chavs play their first choice keeper in this competition, it’s total self harm that we don’t.

No way helmet head is getting dropped for the final so just pray he pulls a hammy in training. I reckon he’ll start on Sunday for his last ever league game, fingers crossed it happens then.

Watching him dive for the ball is like watching those scenes in Fr. Ted where Mrs. Doyle falls off a table. Total slow motion.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Even if we won, if Spurs won the CL it would be hard to celebrate. It would be like getting a new car and pulling into the driveway, only to find your hated neighbor helped himself to a Ferrari, making your new car look shit

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

---------------------------Leno----------------------

---Kos------------Sokratis------------Monreal

AMN------------------------------------Kolisinac

---------------Torriera---------Xhaka-----------

---------------------------Ozil-------------------------

---------Lacazette-------------------PEA------

Perhaps Geundouzi for Xhaka but Emery wont.

They key will be the front two. Play them both

Rian1

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chavs May 29th

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:35 pm
69,000 capacity stadium.
6,000 tickets for Arsenal
6,000 tickets for Chelsea
57,000 tickets for @UEFA

Via Arsenal. Com
Ridiculous numbers for those corporate sob's. Would half of them even turn up in Baku? - or maybe that's why I am seeing all these 'VIP Competitions' on the net for EL Final.

If anything, both teams should be on 20k each and the rest can go. If the allocation is poor because their excuse is 'we don't want 40,000 fans from London to travel. Health and Safety bollocks' then it will truly show how corrupt UEFA is.

Rian1

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chavs May 29th

Post by Rian1 »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:29 pm
I'd completely overlooked this, but an article on the BBC Sport site just mentioned that the winners of this play in the Super Cup on August 14 too. It's being held in Istanbul, so another long trip for the winners.
It takes 30 minutes more than it took the 3,000 of us to go Naples. At least it isn't a 10+ hour flight to an Asian country for a European final. Hopefully it's a Arsenal-Liverpool. Do not fancy NLD as a Super Cup Final. Not gonna hear the end of that in my lifetime..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Leno

Kos ............................... Sokratis .......................... Monreal

Torriera ................................ Kolasinac
Xhaka
AMN

.......................... Ozil

Lacazette .............................. PEA

Xhaka's view of that line up.
Last edited by xisstential on Fri May 10, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

If we are talking about self harming, can ye all stop deluding yourselves with any talk of leno starting the final ……….. barring injury cech will start, so stop torturing yourselves :roll:

I wonder if it is in some contract that cech has to be the cup keeper - there has to be a reason why he has consistently been picked even when the season on the line, cos clearly leno has been one of our best players of the season and should play every game.

Anyway, much as it kills us all to say this, but cech will start the final so we should stop talking about it cos it is only twisting the knife further in us :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

the team in the final will be the same one as played last night

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 am
If we are talking about self harming, can ye all stop deluding yourselves with any talk of leno starting the final ……….. barring injury cech will start, so stop torturing yourselves :roll:

I wonder if it is in some contract that cech has to be the cup keeper - there has to be a reason why he has consistently been picked even when the season on the line, cos clearly leno has been one of our best players of the season and should play every game.

Anyway, much as it kills us all to say this, but cech will start the final so we should stop talking about it cos it is only twisting the knife further in us :banghead:
No. He was first choice keeper at the start of the season, got injured, Emery saw the gap, put Leno in and that was that. This is just the sweetener....Petr, don't worry, you can play the cup games. Why I do not know, he is crap, he was done from the moment Hunt cracked his skull. Mourinho knew that and sold him to the idiotic ringmaster. All the warning signs were there in his debut 2 nil loss to WH. I cannot remember him ever being good for us.....EVER!!

We owe him nothing, he shouldn't play......but he will :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Strangely I've been to 4 Arsenal finals in Europe but only two cities. Copenhagen and Paris twice! Unfortunately I wont be going to this final, although maybe its for the best as I've only seen the one victory :roll:

Our european record is really something disappointing for a club or our size. If only the European cup had come along 20 years earlier. In the 30s we would have been like Real Madrid were in the 50s!

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Saw something that Chelsea have to play a game in New York the weekend before the final.

I know Sarri will play the youngsters and stiffs, but
it's still a nice inconvenience for them to have before the game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48222142

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

is there any chance Ramsay is fit for this ?

its still 18 days away, and he's been out since April the 18th already. six weeks for a hammy ?

i know Arsenal said he has played his last game, but was that allowing for the final on the 29th ?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:12 pm

its still 18 days away, and he's been out since April the 18th already. six weeks for a hammy ?

i know Arsenal said he has played his last game, but was that allowing for the final on the 29th ?

Maybe............Fuck !!

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:

He might be over the injury by then but unlikely to have the time to get match fit. Maybe a late sub appearance which (if we are 5-0 up :wink: ) I would not begrudge him.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:02 pm
clockender1 wrote:

He might be over the injury by then but unlikely to have the time to get match fit. Maybe a late sub appearance which (if we are 5-0 up :wink: ) I would not begrudge him.

I think that's very noble of you and those conditions are fair in the extreme. Of course, by "late sub appearance", you clearly mean the 89th minute don't you ?