Europa League final Baku travel thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RoscommonGooner

Re: Europa League final Baku travel thread.

Post by RoscommonGooner »

As far as I can tell you can't buy Tbilisi to Baku ticket from official site, only ticket office. That said, I did see a site that you can book them but twice the price.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

I just hope we get some serious numbers out there. Maybe we’ll get the backing of a few Eastern European supporters clubs etc but fans from these shores? Anyone who goes over is a fricking hero in my book. I’d love to do it but warnings left right and centre plus the cost? Is it worth the risk? Wouldn’t it be great if the club could work out some kind of organised subsidised travel. Maybe the logistics of Baku make that a non starter.
Just criminal that we’ll have relatively few fans who can make the trip.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

To be honest the idiots at UEFA couldn't have picked a worse place for Western Europeans form any country to travel to for a final, and seeing as the majority of finals have been contested by Western European teams it's mind boggling that they'd even think of having the final in such a place for both travell and security reasons.

So much for the changes supposedly taking place and UEFA and FIFA over corruption, it seems it is carry on regardless, money talks as the saying goes :roll:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Flying into Georgia & getting, trains & buses is no different to travelling to Copenhagen final back in '94, we left Kings X at midnight by coach, spent a crazy night in Hamburg on the way, night in Copenhagen & back straight away. :barscarf: The travel cost was £150 including 2 nights hotel. Couple of lads even got taken off the coach for alcohol poisoning on the way back, left in German hospital. :shock:

Tbilisi to Baku by coach@£7 takes 7 hours , train@$30 takes 11 hours, much easier than that Copenhagen trip ever was, back before the days of cheap air travel! :lol:

Main problem is getting match tickets, & days off work. But even if you are going direct to Baku, you're gonna need 2/3 days to make the trip. Coming back Saturday or Sunday would also work out cheaper! Anyway I'd rather not be in London in case an evil event happens on Saturday! :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:53 am
Flying into Georgia & getting, trains & buses is no different to travelling to Copenhagen final back in '94, we left Kings X at midnight by coach, spent a crazy night in Hamburg on the way, night in Copenhagen & back straight away. :barscarf: The travel cost was £150 including 2 nights hotel. Couple of lads even got taken off the coach for alcohol poisoning on the way back, left in German hospital. :shock:

Tbilisi to Baku by coach@£7 takes 7 hours , train@$30 takes 11 hours, much easier than that Copenhagen trip ever was, back before the days of cheap air travel! :lol:

Main problem is getting match tickets, & days off work. But even if you are going direct to Baku, you're gonna need 2/3 days to make the trip. Coming back Saturday or Sunday would also work out cheaper! Anyway I'd rather not be in London in case an evil event happens on Saturday! :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:
Theres a lot more hazards travelling to Baku than there is going to Copenhagen. Not forgetting the language problems, the area is blighted by war. Check out youtube vids of travellers taking that night train and the ball ache they get trying to cross the border.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Watching Sunday Supp on Sky where Martin Samuel announced some good news. Apparently there was one direct flight from Baku to Madrid after the Ropey cup which was booked up ages ago so believed to be full of UEFA types travelling over to the CL final. Well pleased to report the plane couldn't get the required airslot so has been cancelled. FUCK UEFA :barscarf: :barscarf:

Almunia is a clown

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 am

Theres a lot more hazards travelling to Baku than there is going to Copenhagen. Not forgetting the language problems, the area is blighted by war. Check out youtube vids of travellers taking that night train and the ball ache they get trying to cross the border.
You can get a Azerbajan visa online for $25 if you enter Europa League final on the form, the link is on the Arsenal club website. Those travellers decided to get their visas in the middle of a night train journey so of course they got changed more & had to pay a bung to locals. :shock:

As for the war situation that's near the Russian & Armenian borders, I'm not suggesting that anyone goes for a trip to those regions! :box: My brother went Georgia & I know other lads who have been there for Ireland games, they all say it's sound.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Does anyone know if you can pass the barcode for the mobile phone ballot tickets on to another phone?

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm
Georgia option Tblisi to Baku train flights https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Tbilisi/Baku

Night train tickets go on sale 12 days before departure.

Rosscommon Gooner has got a decent deal, £312 on Skyscanner :barscarf:

I would be worried about booking that night train though, seems there's only one per day? :rubchin:
Dont you mean one per night mate :oops:

Of all the days my non footballing best mate chooses to get married (in Rome) its the 29th :banghead: :banghead: No hope for me, doubt it will be on TV anywhere easy either in Italy no TV in the special place hes booked either (Apparrently its not in a prison :rubchin: )

Just a thought though,looks like there are flights relatively cheap from Italy , bet that maybe another way in perhaps. Wouldnt fly with any Russian airways myself though :banghead: :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:04 am

I am not saying that he shouldn't treat this trip like any other in his business, but £1150 for an economy class flight direct is steep.
to be fair to Mile's, it is a five and a half hour flight into Asia where the charter operator likely has no infrastructure on the ground, unlike flying to to Europe, so they have to pay for all the fueling crews, maintenance inspections, whatever you can think of on top. plus the planes will sit there until the flight back,

for gooners going, i would look to go via Moscow.
Very true plus the planes he would normally use ie the smaller ones are older charter planes that have only a 3 hour flight range . To go to Baku you need a modern plane capable of 7 hours plus travel and these arent as readily available .
Im going with Miles reliable hassle free.

Almunia is a clown

Not got enough credits on my season ticket, just wondering if anyone has managed to get tickets at a decent price.

I don't have a clue whether there will be tickets spare over at the game, all these UEFA ballot winners must be having the same problems as us in arranging flights, transport & accommodation. Plus are the locals really bothered anyway? :roll:

Press claiming 50-70K Gooners & Chavs going to this game, I really can't see that at all? Although I think that was The Scum website? :lol:

This match has got to be the biggest bolloxed up game in history! :banghead: :banghead:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think the market will yank for this one ,lack of travel options will bring prices down !
I also think more planes will get cheaper once the hype dies down !

Goose

Post by Goose »

Tue May 14, 2019 7:20 pm
Not got enough credits on my season ticket, just wondering if anyone has managed to get tickets at a decent price.

I don't have a clue whether there will be tickets spare over at the game, all these UEFA ballot winners must be having the same problems as us in arranging flights, transport & accommodation. Plus are the locals really bothered anyway? :roll:

Press claiming 50-70K Gooners & Chavs going to this game, I really can't see that at all? Although I think that was The Scum website? :lol:

This match has got to be the biggest bolloxed up game in history! :banghead: :banghead:
This will go to zero credits today........

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Just got an e-mail from the Box Office saying final tickets are available (I am a gold member) so went onto the website and very nice seats are just £78, or even cheaper if you prefer.

Had it not been for the extra grand and a half of travelling expenses, then I would have been very tempted. However, the delights of Tbilisi and a twelve hour train journey through the middle of nowhere is not for me - and I strongly suspect there isn't a decent buffet service on board either.

You have to be impressed at what good value Russian train travel offers though. The Tbilisi to Baku service costs about the same as my forty minute SW Trains journey into London!

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

What tickets are available? Will be trying tomorrow with a silver membership? Also, if I'm successful do you think I'll receive it during the week?