Burnley (A) 12/05 15:00 KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Burnley (A) 12/05 15:00 KO

Post by augie »

I don't know what happened to him so I might be harsh here, but fcuk me mavropanus gets injured a lot :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Come on auba - get that golden boot 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

As a makeshift squad we've been ok, but yet again our defensive frailties are showing and fuck me did PEA miss a sitter for his hatrick :rubchin:

John F

Post by John F »

Still can't get that Auba penalty miss out my mind especially with the way scores are at the moment

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

John F wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:43 pm
Still can't get that Auba penalty miss out my mind especially with the way scores are at the moment

I knew it would haunt us....knew it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Yup, said it just after PEA missed that pen that it would come back to haunt us. Gutted, we should have pushed the scum down to 5th and probably finished 3rd ourselves. It’s all our fault, we’ve been diabolical at times, some of it down to the manager but mostly down to player attitude, desire and mental strength.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Yet again todays result shows that when nothing is at stake we can win even with a weakened starting line up, certainly its been a decent first season for Dick but he has to learn that it's not all about scoring goals and needs to massively strengthen our backline before anything else.

I'm not sure exactly what it shows but our GF, GA and GD are almost identical to last seasons under Wenger but we ended up with 7 more points, did we improve or were others worse in league? It is going to be very difficult for him to compete without backing from on high because £50M is not going to stretch very far.

A very interesting summer for Dick but overall his season rests on the Europa League Final when in fact qualification (whether it interests you or not) for the ECL and a higher league position was in our own hands with 5 games to go and i find that very disappointing from him and the players.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

xisstential wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:56 pm
John F wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 3:43 pm

I knew it would haunt us....knew it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Season a bigger picture than that fuck ups by Mustafi and Xhaka leading to giving goals away.

Bad pen that day but if you had said to any of us Auba has won a joint share of the golden boot before the season started you wouldn't of been complaining.

That pen I know as well :roll:

Lot of things wrong with our team but Auba and Lacca play them every week together when fit :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

you can't blame it on one moment.

yes it was a fuck up but it was in a long line of them.

substitutions last week was a complete balls up

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: WOW! we Won 1 - 3 ! 8) :D :barscarf:

also $hitty beat the victims to the title
scum only managed a draw at home
manure lost their last game
Auba shares the Golden Boot? Could have won it had he buried that chance :?
good to see eddie take his chance

Roll On Baku!

We Love You Arsenal WE DO! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Won when it did not matter, only 2 points behind chavs, 1 behind scum.....could not beat fucking Brighton at Home

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

So frustrating the we let Spuds off the hook, a win against Palace or Brighton and we'd have been top 4 and Spurs out of the CL next season, that would put massive pressure on them to win the CL and we all know they are bottlers under the cosh, also it's the bigger picture - they have a very expensive stadium to pay for, life out of the CL could of crippled them and in turn make our life easier in the transfer market, they are competing with us for players these days, we've let them off the hook big time and that could have long term repercussions for us, especially with our tight budget.

Still not really sure how to feel about the EL, of course as an Arsenal fan I want to win it but will we really spend enough to compete or is just to pay off Kroenke's debt?, I know which one is more likely.

:banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Yep. Just one win from 3rd. :banghead:

I think we just ran out of steam, same as the chavs. The spuds almost lost at home today too.

But i enjoyed this season much more than last year, and im looking forwards to the transfer window and next season.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

We finished 7 points better than last season but still couldnt make top 4.

Main reasons: 1 A shit squad. except for Leno Torreira Lacazette and Aubameyang i would ship out the rest. Some players are over the hill Koscielny and Monreal. Some are lazy fuckers Ozil and Mkhitaryan just here for the pay day.And some are downright dog shit Mustafi Xhaka Iwobi and Elneny

2.The defence. It was shit under Wenger it is still shit.Fans love Bellerin but he cant defend Sokratis is a trier but not top quality Kos and Monreal have been good servants but their time is up. Kolasinac is like Bellerin great going forward cant defend.Then we have Mustafi he comes out of the same box as Senderos Squallaci and Silvestre

2. The away form:That has to be down to attitude.Just look at our home form.Remember the Dad's Army saying we dont it up em that sums us up

4: Ozil:This guy is the elephant in the room. Away from home its a waste of time picking him.His workrate is pathetic.He is on nearly twice as much wages as our two real best players Lacazette and Aubameyang. He has to be shipped out of the club in the summer even if it means us paying half his wages.Just get him out

3. Emery: When the season started i thought at last we dont have a manager who wont put up with ego's. he wasnt afraid to hook players who were not playing well.But as the season went on he became weak.He let Ozil get away with pulling sickies.And then brought back Ozil into the team.That was a sign of weakness and he paid for it.And his love of Xhaka and Iwobi is unbelievable.And what was bringing in Suarez all about

5:Kroenke:We have to face up to the fact we have an owner who doesnt want success.You dont give a new manager taking over a shit squad just £50m to spend when Liverpool are paying more than that on a keeper.The way the club is run is a joke.We could have sold Sanchez for £60m in the end we swapped him for a shit player.We let Ramsey a £50m player run his contract down.And we gave the two laziest players at the club £550k a week wages.Until Kroenke goes seasons like this will be the norm

Players Out: Jenkinson Lichtsteiner Mustafi Koscielny Xhaka Ozil Mkhitaryan Iwobi

Players in: RB LB 2CB's creative midfield and a winger

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:30 pm
We finished 7 points better than last season but still couldnt make top 4.

Main reasons: 1 A shit squad. except for Leno Torreira Lacazette and Aubameyang i would ship out the rest. Some players are over the hill Koscielny and Monreal. Some are lazy fuckers Ozil and Mkhitaryan just here for the pay day.And some are downright dog shit Mustafi Xhaka Iwobi and Elneny

2.The defence. It was shit under Wenger it is still shit.Fans love Bellerin but he cant defend Sokratis is a trier but not top quality Kos and Monreal have been good servants but their time is up. Kolasinac is like Bellerin great going forward cant defend.Then we have Mustafi he comes out of the same box as Senderos Squallaci and Silvestre

3. The away form:That has to be down to attitude.Just look at our home form.Remember the Dad's Army saying we dont it up em that sums us up

4: Ozil:This guy is the elephant in the room. Away from home its a waste of time picking him.His workrate is pathetic.He is on nearly twice as much wages as our two real best players Lacazette and Aubameyang. He has to be shipped out of the club in the summer even if it means us paying half his wages.Just get him out

5. Emery: When the season started i thought at last we dont have a manager who wont put up with ego's. he wasnt afraid to hook players who were not playing well.But as the season went on he became weak.He let Ozil get away with pulling sickies.And then brought back Ozil into the team.That was a sign of weakness and he paid for it.And his love of Xhaka and Iwobi is unbelievable.And what was bringing in Suarez all about

6:Kroenke:We have to face up to the fact we have an owner who doesnt want success.You dont give a new manager taking over a shit squad just £50m to spend when Liverpool are paying more than that on a keeper.The way the club is run is a joke.We could have sold Sanchez for £60m in the end we swapped him for a shit player.We let Ramsey a £50m player run his contract down.And we gave the two laziest players at the club £550k a week wages.Until Kroenke goes seasons like this will be the norm

Players Out: Jenkinson Lichtsteiner Mustafi Koscielny Xhaka Ozil Mkhitaryan Iwobi

Players in: RB LB 2CB's creative midfield and a winger