other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Bradywasking »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:01 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 4:06 pm
oh well, so that's now 30 years without a league title for Liverpool :barscarf: :lol:
:rubchin: Not quite - 29 ? :lol:

But we're getting there :barscarf:
The Champions League Finalists haven't won the league for how long each ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So the most boring title race of all time is finally over.....thank fuck for that.

2 teams who week on week never even drew a game let alone lose one. Bore off.

Must say both teams are a country mile ahead of the rest and for the first time ever I’m concerned that the invincibles could be in danger over the next few seasons :shock:

City won 18 of their last 19 including the final 14 in a row and Liverpool only lost once all season and that was to City (thank fuck). They swat the shit aside every week and don’t have much trouble against the supposed bigger guns either. The rest of the league needs to improve massively or those 2 will piss all over it again next year.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Struggling to put my finger on how good these two sides are - Liverpool in particular. Unbelievable amount of luck week in week out (another offside goal today by the way, shocker) but 97 points??? Jesus that is unbelievable.

Invincibles (90 points), Mourinho's first Chelsea team (95 and 91 points) and Ronaldo's United in 2008 (87 points) - for me the 3 best sides in PL history, certainly until City's billionaire all-stars last year. At a time when English sides were flooding the latter stages of the CL every single season. Surely you would back those sides against Liverpool over the course of the season? What has changed with the rest of the league? Is it just that the money for the top sides is so ludicrous these days that the likes of City in particular have squads of 20+ quality players whereas the Invincibles' strongest line-up featured a bench of Stack, Keown, Cygan, Parlour, Edu, Wiltord and Aliadiere? Meanwhile City's bench features Bravo, Mendy, Stones, Foden, Mahrez, Sane and Jesus whilst Liverpool's bench features a bench of Mignolet, Lovren, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Origi and Sturridge.

Anyway, thank fuck that the wait goes on for Liverpool. Fucking vile fanbase, the Geordies up here are livid about the behaviour of their fans last weekend. Really fancy them to beat Spurs in a few weeks at least.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The latest victim bias bullshit being propagated on SlySports is that the victim's are the "greatest runners up in the history of the game". :oops: :roll:

No. They are losers. They lost the league. They won it as much as we did or Cardiff did, as in y'know, not at fucking all. :roll:

Have to be honest here though I have this awful awful gut feeling the victims are gonna bottle the CL.

:puke:

On paper you'd fancy the victims to do the scum but never forget Stupid Teeth's "ability" to bottle major finals. Has any supposed top level manager lost 6 out of 7 finals? Ever? :oops:

I genuinely am shitting it about this final. Just the thought of the vermin wi-

-nning it is appalling and-

-nauseating.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

According to the official LFC Twitter both City and Liverpool are winners while the media whore claimed they had won the people's hearts. Former ref Keith Hackett took to Twitter to claim City won the league in the 31st minute of their game v Liverpool on January 4th when Anthony Taylor failed to send off Vincent Kompany for a foul on Mo Salah. ..It goes on and on, I would rather win the title with the lowest number of points on record than finish runners up with the highest number of points on record.
Best Premier League season ever say the pundits..No way, it was a two horse race before Christmas, and while both City and Liverpool may deserve credit the fact that the chasing pack were muck was more relevent. Spurs 13 defeats in other seasons was mid table at best.
Glad it's over, it was nauseating at times . Liverpool had seven offside goals in a season. Robertson's hand ball in build up to winner V Palace, Fabhino dive to win free at Newcastle which won the game. Liverpool didn't win it without VAR, they won't win it with VAR.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 am
According to the official LFC Twitter both City and Liverpool are winners while the media whore claimed they had won the people's hearts. Former ref Keith Hackett took to Twitter to claim City won the league in the 31st minute of their game v Liverpool on January 4th when Anthony Taylor failed to send off Vincent Kompany for a foul on Mo Salah. ..It goes on and on, I would rather win the title with the lowest number of points on record than finish runners up with the highest number of points on record.
Best Premier League season ever say the pundits..No way, it was a two horse race before Christmas, and while both City and Liverpool may deserve credit the fact that the chasing pack were muck was more relevent. Spurs 13 defeats in other seasons was mid table at best.
Glad it's over, it was nauseating at times . Liverpool had seven offside goals in a season. Robertson's hand ball in build up to winner V Palace, Fabhino dive to win free at Newcastle which won the game. Liverpool didn't win it without VAR, they won't win it with VAR.

Above - absolutely. It doesn't matter how many points the winner gets as long as they get more than the rest. The number of points that the first placed loser gets is completely fucking irrelevant however much the victim loving media want to try and spin it. Ridiculous. It's just like those twats at Corbyn & Co trying to claim that they won the last election. No sorry victims you LOST :lol:

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Just down the bookies and put 300 multi on Chelsea and Tottenham.

That way, if the worst happens at least I get something out of it

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wilson2.0 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 am
Just down the bookies and put 300 multi on Chelsea and Tottenham.

That way, if the worst happens at least I get something out of it
I'm thinking of doing similar.

should have had a bet at half time at Ajax though - wonder what the odds were then!!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:15 am
The latest victim bias bullshit being propagated on SlySports is that the victim's are the "greatest runners up in the history of the game". :oops: :roll:

No. They are losers. They lost the league. They won it as much as we did or Cardiff did, as in y'know, not at fucking all. :roll:

Have to be honest here though I have this awful awful gut feeling the victims are gonna bottle the CL.

On paper you'd fancy the victims to do the scum but never forget Stupid Teeth's "ability" to bottle major finals. Has any supposed top level manager lost 6 out of 7 finals? Ever? :oops:

-nauseating.

what is really annoying is that in any normal circumstances we could celebrate their possible bottling of the CL final.
instead we are having to support them ! :banghead:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are NOTHING"

Bill Shankly

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

It's utterly hilarious that Liverpool didn't win the league after the season they've had. If it was us I'd be absolutely gutted that the performance didn't end with the title. And I really think this was the season they had to win it, hard to see City's levels dropping over the next few seasons, whereas it would be a surprise if Liverpool could be that good again. Pretty much all big moments have gone in their favour.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

-nauseating.

Is that fucking true ?! :shock: Are they honestly saying that ??

:coffeespit:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:
oh well, so that's now 30 years without a league title for Liverpool :barscarf: :lol:

ok, 29 but it'll still be 30 years of hurt because it'll be 2020 at the earliest when they lift the title :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

g88ner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:27 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
g88ner wrote:

ok, 29 but it'll still be 30 years of hurt because it'll be 2020 at the earliest when they lift the title :lol:

Very true but I'm hoping that citeh have a bit more in the tank and we'll be able to count off a few more years over the 30 :lol:

Sod all chance of us getting involved mind :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

-nauseating.

Is that fucking true ?! :shock: Are they honestly saying that ??

:coffeespit:
Yep. Jeff Fucking Stelling spent all of 30 seconds talking about the Champions citeh and a good ten minutes eulogising "one of the all time great teams" the fucking victims.... :roll: :censored: