Burnley (A) 12/05 15:00 KO

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: Burnley (A) 12/05 15:00 KO

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:22 am
I’m going = we get bullied and lose :roll:
I was wrong! I know it was a meaningless game but we did ok to be fair and an away day win with lots of beer is always a plus.
Huge regret with The Chavs and Spuds results but who who knows if we would have won when the pressure was on.
Auba was sharp again. Let’s hope he’s saved a bit for Baku.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Nice to win it with the ressies. Would have been nicer to turn up when it mattered a bit more at Everton, Wolves and Leicester. We need to get a backbone on the road next year or we might as well write that season off now.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 5:30 pm
We finished 7 points better than last season but still couldnt make top 4.

Main reasons: 1 A shit squad. except for Leno Torreira Lacazette and Aubameyang i would ship out the rest. Some players are over the hill Koscielny and Monreal. Some are lazy fuckers Ozil and Mkhitaryan just here for the pay day.And some are downright dog shit Mustafi Xhaka Iwobi and Elneny

2.The defence. It was shit under Wenger it is still shit.Fans love Bellerin but he cant defend Sokratis is a trier but not top quality Kos and Monreal have been good servants but their time is up. Kolasinac is like Bellerin great going forward cant defend.Then we have Mustafi he comes out of the same box as Senderos Squallaci and Silvestre

2. The away form:That has to be down to attitude.Just look at our home form.Remember the Dad's Army saying we dont it up em that sums us up

4: Ozil:This guy is the elephant in the room. Away from home its a waste of time picking him.His workrate is pathetic.He is on nearly twice as much wages as our two real best players Lacazette and Aubameyang. He has to be shipped out of the club in the summer even if it means us paying half his wages.Just get him out

3. Emery: When the season started i thought at last we dont have a manager who wont put up with ego's. he wasnt afraid to hook players who were not playing well.But as the season went on he became weak.He let Ozil get away with pulling sickies.And then brought back Ozil into the team.That was a sign of weakness and he paid for it.And his love of Xhaka and Iwobi is unbelievable.And what was bringing in Suarez all about

5:Kroenke:We have to face up to the fact we have an owner who doesnt want success.You dont give a new manager taking over a shit squad just £50m to spend when Liverpool are paying more than that on a keeper.The way the club is run is a joke.We could have sold Sanchez for £60m in the end we swapped him for a shit player.We let Ramsey a £50m player run his contract down.And we gave the two laziest players at the club £550k a week wages.Until Kroenke goes seasons like this will be the norm

Players Out: Jenkinson Lichtsteiner Mustafi Koscielny Xhaka Ozil Mkhitaryan Iwobi

Players in: RB LB 2CB's creative midfield and a winger

Good post. Not much to argue with imo.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 am
Ernie71 wrote:

Main reasons: 1 A shit squad. except for Leno Torreira Lacazette and Aubameyang i would ship out the rest. Some players are over the hill Koscielny and Monreal. Some are lazy fuckers Ozil and Mkhitaryan just here for the pay day.And some are downright dog shit Mustafi Xhaka Iwobi and Elneny

2.The defence. It was shit under Wenger it is still shit.Fans love Bellerin but he cant defend Sokratis is a trier but not top quality Kos and Monreal have been good servants but their time is up. Kolasinac is like Bellerin great going forward cant defend.Then we have Mustafi he comes out of the same box as Senderos Squallaci and Silvestre

2. The away form:That has to be down to attitude.Just look at our home form.Remember the Dad's Army saying we dont it up em that sums us up

4: Ozil:This guy is the elephant in the room. Away from home its a waste of time picking him.His workrate is pathetic.He is on nearly twice as much wages as our two real best players Lacazette and Aubameyang. He has to be shipped out of the club in the summer even if it means us paying half his wages.Just get him out

3. Emery: When the season started i thought at last we dont have a manager who wont put up with ego's. he wasnt afraid to hook players who were not playing well.But as the season went on he became weak.He let Ozil get away with pulling sickies.And then brought back Ozil into the team.That was a sign of weakness and he paid for it.And his love of Xhaka and Iwobi is unbelievable.And what was bringing in Suarez all about

5:Kroenke:We have to face up to the fact we have an owner who doesnt want success.You dont give a new manager taking over a shit squad just £50m to spend when Liverpool are paying more than that on a keeper.The way the club is run is a joke.We could have sold Sanchez for £60m in the end we swapped him for a shit player.We let Ramsey a £50m player run his contract down.And we gave the two laziest players at the club £550k a week wages.Until Kroenke goes seasons like this will be the norm

Players Out: Jenkinson Lichtsteiner Mustafi Koscielny Xhaka Ozil Mkhitaryan Iwobi

Missed: Elneny & Monreal :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 am
Ernie71 wrote:

Missed: Elneny & Monreal :wink:
Is that a see me after class ?

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

TA6 on BT sport was the best thing about the final day of the season. Much funnier than Merse on Sky. When asked about what he thinks of Dele Allie, "I don't know, he's a good player I guess". The look said why ask me about that scum up the road?
About Auba's attempts at Burnley, "It looks like all the Arsenal players and the Burnley players are try to help himget his hat-trick. I'd still take him off though."
And when Mark Pougatch stated that "only two teams had only lost one game all season, but went on to win the league Chelsea in 2005 and Tony your team in 1991". Adams replied, "Not me I didn't lose that one, I was in Chelmsford Prison!" :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:
Highlight of the day!!
A good win, nice to see Auba with a golden boot. He's been immense since the sinus operation.
Missed opportunities, which shows improvements despite the general tone on this forum, because we haven't been in this position for a couple of seasons to feel like we've lost out but hopefully they can make up for it in Baku.