ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:40 pm
Great news, stealing a living for years, everyone with a legacy to Wenger should have been binned out last year anyway. Has sat and watched as the defense has burned over the last few years.
Will anyone miss him...fuck me someone has to put the cones out now

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ozil saying he's staying for another 2 years..and on the money he earns why the fuck should he?

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:40 pm
Great news, stealing a living for years, everyone with a legacy to Wenger should have been binned out last year anyway. Has sat and watched as the defense has burned over the last few years.

Post of the season, right there.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:51 am
Ozil saying he's staying for another 2 years..and on the money he earns why the fuck should he?
Think he will then be off to a Turkish club

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

His stock bombed massively with me with his constant arse licking of Wenger over the past few seasons but if I was in charge at Arsenal I'd have Martin Keown back in the morning working with that defense,

He would improve the current shower of shit we have ten fold and once we off load the dross during the summer and get in better quality defenders he would organise one hell of a defensive unit next year.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

StuartL wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 pm
Think he was probably retained just to stop the whole backroom staff changeover and maybe given this year for Dick to see what he brings to the party
yeah, he was just there to provide continuity.

I was in favour of Ozil going, but his performance against Valencia - 96% pass completion and the fact that he tags us on social media as #TheArsenal has made me think twice a bit.

i wasn't able to watch that game, but i like ozil as a deeper playing link man for us. he played better when he had Alexi's movement in front of him.

I did see Dick say yesterday that next year is the time for the kids to step up, so maybe Ozil staying is what he is planning for - willock, ESR, Chambers, Nelson etc.

my read of Dick is that he is more likely to keep players in a smaller squad rather than farm them out on loan like city and the chavs do.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

David Ornstein on #AFC:
-Not the most spectacular window
-Budget without CL is £40m
-Targets identified (youth & experience) and talks underway
-Priorities CB, B2B, wide attacker.
-Secondary targets LB, RB, ST.
-#AFC adamant they won’t breach FFP

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:00 pm
David Ornstein on #AFC:

What position is that ? :?

augie

Post by augie »

Griezeman has announced that he is leaving ath madrid in the summer - odds on he is joining barca, and this will lead to a domino effect imo, as players like rakatic, umtiti, Malcom and dembele are sold to raise funds. Umtiti is being linked with us for a few weeks now, and he wouldn't be a bad signing imo

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
David Ornstein on #AFC:

Box to box keep up Augie

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Rumours tht Madrid are willing to offer 85m for Auba

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Ornstein: "Despite still waiting to appoint a Technical Director, they still have identified targets & conversations are underway. They are looking for experience & youth in their recruitment" #Arsenal

Ornstein: "Their priorities are a central defender. The other priority is a box to box midfielder. In January, they came close to a deal for Nkunku – this is course is to replace Ramsey. Rabiot is a player they’ve tried to sign in the past!& have a long-standing interest in him"

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:08 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 pm
Think he was probably retained just to stop the whole backroom staff changeover and maybe given this year for Dick to see what he brings to the party
yeah, he was just there to provide continuity.

I was in favour of Ozil going, but his performance against Valencia - 96% pass completion and the fact that he tags us on social media as #TheArsenal has made me think twice a bit.

i wasn't able to watch that game, but i like ozil as a deeper playing link man for us. he played better when he had Alexi's movement in front of him.

I did see Dick say yesterday that next year is the time for the kids to step up, so maybe Ozil staying is what he is planning for - willock, ESR, Chambers, Nelson etc.

my read of Dick is that he is more likely to keep players in a smaller squad rather than farm them out on loan like city and the chavs do.
That's because 96% of his passes were either sideways or backwards. And he never attempts to move quickly for the 1-2. I can count the number of times I've seen him carry the ball & dribble past players this season on one hand. Plus he's a lazy prick when attempting to tackle. All in all I'm not a fan you might say. How much does Hazard get a week ?. I rest my case. Give him away. The young french kid with the hair will be a better player given time. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:38 pm
augie wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:33 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
David Ornstein on #AFC:

Box to box keep up Augie

I used to be box to box but then I got married :cry: :cry: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Rumours tht Madrid are willing to offer 85m for Auba

Doubtful, but if true it would be a no brainer for me - love his pace and on his day he is unplayable, but for me his unplayable days are rarer than his average/cant be arsed days, and lets be honest and admit that he isn't clinical enough anyway. The main reason I would take the offer though, is that £85m will buy us two very good players which will strengthen the overall team (like the victims did when they sold Coutinho)