Europa League final Baku travel thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: Europa League final Baku travel thread.

Post by nut flush gooner »

Im going, will be booking with Thomas Cook over the next few days for the princely sum of £970. 5000 mile one day round trip for the Arsenal. I hope the players are as commited!

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

RoscommonGooner wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:27 pm
What tickets are available? Will be trying tomorrow with a silver membership? Also, if I'm successful do you think I'll receive it during the week?
Plenty available. Going down to red membership. How few are going?

Same at Chelsea. On sale to their members as well.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This really is a shitfest of a final. :oops: :roll:

Dragging fans from Western Europe deep into what is basically Asia for a European football final - but hey if that is not cunty enough for you then you are only allowed in if you are not Armenian or even part Armenian! :roll:

UEFA (and FIFA) are the scum of the Earth, corrupt and incompetent from top to bottom, choking the life out of the game by trying to turn it into some bastardized tedious hybrid of an exercise in political correctness combined with a "customer" based boring "event" like all American sports. :censored:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

it really is ridiculous (considering there are only 6,000 tickets for Arsenal fans) that I as a lowly red member have received an email to say that there are tickets available for a European final :lol:
probably the best thing that can happen really is that ALL Arsenal and Chelsea fans boycott this match, to highlight how poor this decision to hold the final in Baku is. those that go are only really encouraging this to happen again in the future.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

UEFA want a final in Baku then that's easy, don't go - fuck em. Embarrass them and the clubs too for going along with this shit. I'm lucky to have been at every final since 1987 and have had some great times attending them but this bollox was so easy to decide it was ridiculous. It's not about money, it's not about time off work, it's just about UEFA and their usual stunts. If some people feel the need to go then fine I do understand but this needs nipping in the bud or christ knows where we could be off to in the future....Gdansk next year is a done deal and a fair chance Georgia (or Spain) the year after. So potentially three years worth of old eastern bloc finals.

The Azerbanjo's are an oil economy and no doubt are not adverse to a backhander or two so that would have been right up UEFA's street so it's not too difficult to work out how the final ended up there. The whole lot of them deserve a half empty stadium or a game with fuck all atmosphere if they have to give tickets away to the locals.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

It would actually be easier (and cheaper) to get to if they held the final in Australia :D

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Well I didn't get into Paris 06, which was the first Arsenal European final I didn't see, being locked out like tens of thousands of other Gooners. But I've managed to buy a £26 ticket, which wouldn't have happened if the final was a lot nearer. :barscarf:

What's this stuff about an online form? Don't see nothing in my email? :blah:

Waiting for that to arrive then I'll start hunting for flights. :censored:
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Thu May 16, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am
Well I didn't get into Paris 06, which was the first Arsenal European final I didn't see, being locked but like tens of thousands of other Gooners but I've managed to buy a £26 ticket, which wouldn't have happened if the final was a lot nearer. :barscarf:

There's a separate form which you have to fill in and give your full details. It also allows you to transfer the ticket to a mate if there is a group that want to go and some gold members cant make it. This form has to be completed otherwise the ticket application will fail.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Goose wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 am
Day trip by club / Thomas Cook is £979.00.....
Need to have been allocated a ticket by the club otherwise booking will be cancelled when it is cross checked.......

Paid less than that for a week in Las Vegas for the boxing last week :banghead:
and the flight doesnt get there untill 5.30 pm on the day of the game ,any delays and your screwed

RoscommonGooner

Post by RoscommonGooner »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am
Well I didn't get into Paris 06, which was the first Arsenal European final I didn't see, being locked but like tens of thousands of other Gooners but I've managed to buy a £26 ticket, which wouldn't have happened if the final was a lot nearer. :barscarf:

Just filled this up, passport details, where & when you are travelling to/from and hotel name. Nothing too complicated.

Re the cost of getting there, while I understand that time off work is a major concern/problem for some people if you can manage a few days off it was possible to get there and back relitively cheaply. I managed it for less than €550 for flights, accommodation and match ticket. Flights to Madrid alone for the CL final were costing that. For this I'm getting 2 full days in Tblisi and 2 full days in Baku.

Anyway, block 108 for the game :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

RoscommonGooner

Herd wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:08 am
Goose wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 am
Day trip by club / Thomas Cook is £979.00.....
Need to have been allocated a ticket by the club otherwise booking will be cancelled when it is cross checked.......

Paid less than that for a week in Las Vegas for the boxing last week :banghead:
and the flight doesnt get there untill 5.30 pm on the day of the game ,any delays and your screwed

While I take your point, the game is 11pm local time. Is that UK or local time?

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Got the box office email confirmation letter, ticket is Block 108, but still no sign of this supposed form? :blah:

BTW Game is 11PM local time.

Phoned the box office who say to wait for a few hours to see if the form arrives, also emailed them! WTF? EDIT form received & filled in. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Thu May 16, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RoscommonGooner

Got my emails at 10.48 and 10.50. Email them, you only have 24 hours to complete the form :?
Check your spam before you do, they came from different email ddresses.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

i was just reading that any UK/EU National with an Armenian place of birth or an Armenian name (think Kardashian) will likely be refused entry at the border/airport etc even if a Visa was approved and paid for.

this is such bullshit. where next then year - Kurdistan ? Syria ? Kashmir ?

and UEFA have done sod all - can you imagine if this was Barca Vs Real ? I think there would be a different response don't you ?

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Given that Arsenal and Chelsea apparently only warrant 6,000 tickets each, and are unlikely even to sell this many, may I suggest that the game is played at Wycombe Wanderers ground, which boasts a capacity of 10,137. So it's probably just about right, by UEFA's reckoning.

I am aware the M25/M40 junction can get a bit sticky at times, but I think the 2,600 mile road trip to Baku might also encounter the odd bit of congestion too.

That old skinflint Mrs Doris Baker would probably take advantage of the situation, and double the price of her B&B accommodation in the town to as much as £60* for the night of the game, but that would seem a price many might still be willing to pay.

(* includes continental breakfast)