Europa League final Baku travel thread.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arrgee

Re: Europa League final Baku travel thread.

Post by arrgee »

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... 93759.html

37,500 tickets were available to general public for 2019 UEFA Europa League final in Baku. I believe many were bought by Azerbaijanis hoping to make some filthy lucre off Western European fans. I can imagine them all outside the stadium wondering why no one has come...

Still 12,000 + 37,500 still leaves over 10,000 for UEFA and friends. If they can be bothered to go.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This Armenian ban shit is reprehensible. This bullshit UEFA are spouting about being inclusive and spreading the game is fucked. Inclusive? Oh yeah unless you are Armenian. Imagine if France had this final and decided they would ban Belgian fans from attending? Or if Ingerland banned Oirish fans? I wonder what UEFA's response might be then? :roll: :censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:49 am
This Armenian ban shit is reprehensible. This bullshit UEFA are spouting about being inclusive and spreading the game is fucked. Inclusive? Oh yeah unless you are Armenian. Imagine if France had this final and decided they would ban Belgian fans from attending? Or if Ingerland banned Oirish fans? I wonder what UEFA's response might be then? :roll: :censored:
I think that if the French bribed, sorry I mean paid UEFA enough then the Belgians are fucked.

As for Ingerland banning the Oirish :rubchin: not sure if that would actually require any money to change hands to be approved :lol: :box:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

According to the Daily Mail our very own Ivan Gazdis was on the committee who were responsible for awarding the final to Baku.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 12:13 pm
According to the Daily Mail our very own Ivan Gazdis was on the committee who were responsible for awarding the final to Baku.
Well well well.... quelle surprise.... :lol: a complete fucktard being involved in a complete fucking fuck up.... who'd have thunk it huh? :roll:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Booked up arrive 21.00 Monday Tbilisi via Kiev for £156 single, coming back early Sunday morning. :barscarf:
Last edited by Almunia is a clown on Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Booked up arrive 21.00 Tbilisi via Kiev for £156 single, coming back early Sunday morning. :barscarf:
Fair play to you and anyone else making a supreme effort - hope it is all worth it :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Change of plan here, Thomas Cook now fully booked. Mate rang up Sport Options this evening, Miles was there at 7 pm and sorted us onto the neutral plane leaving from Luton. It looks like we got one of the last tickets. Although it's a pricey flight fair play to him being there so late on a Friday.

Now doing 2 nights in Baku. all in £1365 each.

Still not a sellout from Arsenal. I would be amazed to see a full stadium.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm
Change of plan here, Thomas Cook now fully booked. Mate rang up Sport Options this evening, Miles was there at 7 pm and sorted us onto the neutral plane leaving from Luton. It looks like we got one of the last tickets. Although it's a pricey flight fair play to him being there so late on a Friday.
unbelievably, theres a rumour out there today that Thomas Cook could go under. :shock:

when we booked with Miles, he was always there late at night. likewise when we were in Marseille in 98 and the local UK Gov advised us not to go to the game, and we called Miles and he arranged for us to join one of his coaches into the city.

nut flush gooner

clockender1 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:18 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:09 pm
unbelievably, theres a rumour out there today that Thomas Cook could go under. :shock:

when we booked with Miles, he was always there late at night. likewise when we were in Marseille in 98 and the local UK Gov advised us not to go to the game, and we called Miles and he arranged for us to join one of his coaches into the city.
The rumours are because they posted a £1.4bn loss in their last results. It would leave a lot of egg on Arsenals faces if they did collapse. If we did book with Thomas Cook we would always be using a credit card to have the added consumer protection, but regardless kind of glad we are now in the hands of someone who has done these trips for years and ofc is a gooner. I understand the neutral flight is mainly Arsenal fans.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I read somewhere that both Arsenal and the Chavs are returning about half of their tickets. :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 7:18 pm
I read somewhere that both Arsenal and the Chavs are returning about half of their tickets. :shock:
Good news. Hope the final is a complete flop. Fu.ck UEFA. Bunch of cun.ts who need to be shown up for what they are. Wankers

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

I am going via the Thomas Cook sport options through Arsenal. Whilst its pricey, I just couldn't give up on going to see Arsenal in a European final. Taking an indirect route lasting 4/5 days was just not an option for me, even if it would save a few hundred ££s. I still do not know where I am flying from and what time the flight is etc, but im just happy to have confirmation I will be going.

On that note, does anyone that is flying via Sport Options have any confirmed flight details?

I must say the whole thing is an absolute shambles, awarding the final in such a location where they physically cannot handle a major influx of support from Western Europe is a disgrace and needs to be seriously looked at. We all know it will not be looked at, and will just be swept under the carpet as soon as the game is done. It's a real shame that so many loyal supporters from both clubs will not be able to make it, its just bad for the game.

nut flush gooner

Justinsaid wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:32 am
I am going via the Thomas Cook sport options through Arsenal. Whilst its pricey, I just couldn't give up on going to see Arsenal in a European final. Taking an indirect route lasting 4/5 days was just not an option for me, even if it would save a few hundred ££s. I still do not know where I am flying from and what time the flight is etc, but im just happy to have confirmation I will be going.

On that note, does anyone that is flying via Sport Options have any confirmed flight details?

I must say the whole thing is an absolute shambles, awarding the final in such a location where they physically cannot handle a major influx of support from Western Europe is a disgrace and needs to be seriously looked at. We all know it will not be looked at, and will just be swept under the carpet as soon as the game is done. It's a real shame that so many loyal supporters from both clubs will not be able to make it, its just bad for the game.
Sport Options confirming departure airports tomorrow I believe. We have been told provisionally it's Luton, which works out ok. Thank god it wasn't Gatwick.

From Thomas Cooks site, it looks like its a sell out as they are only taking registrations online. That probably means they won't put another flight on unless they have the demand.