Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by augie »

Justinsaid wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:58 pm
Regardless of whether you rate him or not, for him not to travel due to safety concerns is a disgrace. Bigger picture.....

I doubt UEFA will even care, sure they'll say they do but really they couldn't give a fuck as long as they get their monies.

I don't rate the fcuker at all, but I do think that the club should have downed tools and refused to play the final in baku now - when I look at the punishments handed out to all English clubs in the 80s cos of those scumbag scousers, and I now seen things like this being tolerated, and teams from certain countries being kept apart in draws, then it really makes my piss boil.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

UEFA and FIFA are a joke the final is in Baku because it is about the coin like the world cup in Qatar.

For a player to miss a final over safety concerns tells it's own story.

If Ronaldo or Messi missed a final on the same basis there would be an absolute meltdown and backlash.

All soundbites from both federations.

Clash

Post by Clash »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 pm
Easy to scoff at his absence but as I said in some other thread he scored and got an assist against the chavs at the bridge in the league this season and got the winner when united won this competition a few years back. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again in this match? Unlikely, sure as his form has been toilet, but to not have the option to bring him due to political tensions is a disgrace.

Maybe he crosses in the ball that Laca or Auba score the winner from, or he scores in a shoot out if it gets to that. Instead we could see I-wobble send h9is penalty into orbit - who knows.

Farce.
Great points mate. As bad as he has been, he does have ability and in a one-off game he could have made a difference.

It isn't really the point though. It should be our managers choice who he selects and if one of our players is not allowed to play because of where the final is being held, then the final should be moved to somewhere where every player can play.

It really is that simple and its an absolute disgrace that nothing is being done about this.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:24 pm
UEFA and FIFA are a joke the final is in Baku because it is about the coin like the world cup in Qatar.

If Ronaldo or Messi missed a final on the same basis there would be an absolute meltdown and backlash.

Good point about Messi or Ronaldo. If it was a player of that calibre then there is no doubt UEFA would do something.

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:34 pm
Topside Northbank wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Good point about Messi or Ronaldo. If it was a player of that calibre then there is no doubt UEFA would do something.

Should the players be standing up and saying something about it then ? Players like bellend are happy to stand up and post shit about some abortion law in alabama, but yet none are saying anything about this :roll: :roll: As a fan I would want the players to stand together on this and at least be seen to be talking about refusing to play the game, even if it is all a bluff

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:50 pm
Justinsaid wrote:
Regardless of whether you rate him or not, for him not to travel due to safety concerns is a disgrace. Bigger picture.....

I doubt UEFA will even care, sure they'll say they do but really they couldn't give a fuck as long as they get their monies.

I don't rate the fcuker at all, but I do think that the club should have downed tools and refused to play the final in baku now - when I look at the punishments handed out to all English clubs in the 80s cos of those scumbag scousers, and I now seen things like this being tolerated, and teams from certain countries being kept apart in draws, then it really makes my piss boil.

This 100% - everything else is irrelevant.

In these days when tolerance is everything and prejudice is no longer allowed (you Oirish boys don't count :wink: :lol: ) and we are forced to endure ladies kick ball as if an equal to the real thing then HOW THE FUCK is this allowed to happen. Shame on UEFA.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:53 pm
Easy to scoff at his absence but as I said in some other thread he scored and got an assist against the chavs at the bridge in the league this season and got the winner when united won this competition a few years back. Who's to say it wouldn't happen again in this match? Unlikely, sure as his form has been toilet, but to not have the option to bring him due to political tensions is a disgrace.

Maybe he crosses in the ball that Laca or Auba score the winner from, or he scores in a shoot out if it gets to that. Instead we could see I-wobble send h9is penalty into orbit - who knows.

Farce.
^^^ This 100%. 8)

It's fucking shameful that it is allowed happen. The "inclusive" game my fucking arse. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:24 pm
augie wrote:
Justinsaid wrote:

In these days when tolerance is everything and prejudice is no longer allowed (you Oirish boys don't count :wink: :lol: ) and we are forced to endure ladies kick ball as if an equal to the real thing then HOW THE FUCK is this allowed to happen. Shame on UEFA.
Life ban for the wannabe-Scotsman. :censored: :box: :redcard:

Just gonna push the button.... aw fuck it too tired...... :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Justinsaid wrote:

Wow and there was me under the impression that you had to use the "P" word to achieve that.... :lol: :fishing: :tricolour: :gayflag:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:
Justinsaid wrote:

Wow and there was me under the impression that you had to use the "P" word to achieve that.... :lol: :fishing: :tricolour: :gayflag:
Depends which "P" word you are referring to. :rubchin:

Choose your next response VERY carefully......

:lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:55 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
augie wrote:

Depends which "P" word you are referring to. :rubchin:

Choose your next response VERY carefully......

:lol: :wink:

You know, calling the mod a P _ _ _ _. Completely unacceptable :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 am
Herd wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:39 pm
Herd wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm
meanwhile finding somewhere to watch the game is proving tricky - the Rocket released some extra tickets this morning which sold out in 2 minutes ! :shock:
Why would anyone want to watch it in the Rocket ,it's like Arsenal TV for even more special needs ..........................actually that's right up your street Rob sorry !
You strike me as being a 12 pins man Herd, perhaps even the T Bird which used to have a bit of a firm frequenting a few years back.
Nah TBirds was full of wannabees ,a little firm of us old grizzlies used to drink in the Kings Head round the corner ,we used to go down Tbirds to abuse them from time to time though. Frankly speaking I don't go very often anymore so it was the George or now the Eaglet or the Islington Bar and Grill which is owned by some of my pals ! I liked the 12 pins when it was a Black pub because you could always score some premium weed there. I miss the Favorite though that was a great place ,and of course the original Herd Pub was the Bedford Tavern !
I've been in the Kings Head, not one of my favourite pubs tbh. Back in the day, we used to drink in the Bank of Friendship just up from the Gunners. You had to get known by the doorman, to be allowed in though.
When lived in Aberdeen Park I used the Bank but rarely on match days . Unfortunately I don't live there now.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

On a slightly different note, BT Sport have announced the match and CL Final will be streamed absolutely free of charge to anyone in the UK on the usual formats or from the BT Sports app if you register, so if you can stand any one of Robbie 'cliche' Savage, Martin 'Boring' Keown, Michael 'Eyh,Eyh, Eyh' Owen or Steve 'Biased *word censored*' MaaaaaaaaaaaaacMannnnananannanman, you wont have to watch a dodgy stream for once :rubchin:

As for Mickey Taragon it's disgraceful this has happened and in all honesty both clubs should be boycotting the match on this issue alone, whether he would play or not have been chosen is immaterial, but as everyone else says above Money Talks, and it is the only language any of the Associations know and i include the FA in this as there doesn't seem to be any protest from them either.

When a player in the Premier League of their country is excluded for what amounts to racist reasons (and lets be honest, the denial can be whatever they all want it to be but we're not blind) it should mean immediate withdrawal of the teams, if it were a Black or any other Asian player they'd all be up in arms over it, but when it's an Armenian ah well who cares eh :puke:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

What is actually stopping him playing though?, he's a pussy, that is what.

Sell the useless overpaid waste of space in the summer. :twisted:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramil_Safarov
Ramil Sahib oglu Safarov (born August 25, 1977) is an officer of the Azerbaijani Army who was convicted of the 2004 murder of Armenian Army Lieutenant Gurgen Margaryan. During a NATO-sponsored training seminar in Budapest, Safarov broke into Margaryan's dormitory room at night and axed Margaryan to death while he was asleep.

In 2006, Safarov was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life imprisonment in Hungary with a minimum incarceration period of 30 years. After his request under the Strasbourg Convention, he was extradited on August 31, 2012 to Azerbaijan, where he was greeted as a hero,[1][2][3] pardoned by Azerbaijani president Ilham Aliyev despite contrary assurances made to Hungary,[4] promoted to the rank of major and given an apartment and over eight years of back pay.[5] According to Azerbaijani authorities, Safarov was pardoned in compliance with Article 12 of the convention.[6][7][8] Following Safarov's pardon, Armenia severed diplomatic relations with Hungary and immediate protests broke out in Yerevan.[9] The extradition was widely condemned by international organizations and governments of many countries, including the US, Russia and France.
What a scummy cunty country. Even though it's cringey as fuck when teams do it for injured players, we should come out onto the pitch in Mkhi shirts, and wear them again if we lift the trophy.