Emirates Cup 2019

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Emirates Cup 2019

Post by Gunner Rob »

Arsenal Women v Bayern Munich Women followed by
Arsenal v Lyon

Jock Gooner

Re: Emirates Cup 2019

Post by Jock Gooner »

Thought that was a joke....it's true :roll:

The only pre-season fixtures at the Emirates and one of them is an even bigger joke than usual.

Clash was right :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:33 am
Arsenal Women v Bayern Munich Women followed by
Arsenal v Lyon

Tell me you are kidding - surely this is a later version of april fools day ??

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I saw Bayern Munich had been announced for the Emirates Cup and I actually took some notice in it for the first time this decade.
then i saw that it was Bayern Munch women :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:01 pm
I saw Bayern Munich had been announced for the Emirates Cup and I actually took some notice in it for the first time this decade.
then i saw that it was Bayern Munch women :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead:
:shock: so that's why goes on in their dressing rooms is it? I knew it! 8)

I spoke to my dad on the phone a couple of days ago and he told me Arsenal had signed the Bayern keeeper. It was one of the headlines on Arsenal News or something. When he checked again and read on a bit further it related to the women's team :roll:

They really are forcing this down our throats at every opportunity. I notice they haven't had the courage to put the laydeeez on after the men though as watching thousands disappear at the end won't look too good (although to be fair that happens before the final whistle has even gone most games :roll: )

augie

Post by augie »

I said the other day that I really would not be surprised if we were the first club to appoint a woman as manager of a mans team cos that is exactly the type of shit that this club would do.

Best of luck to the club selling tickets for this shit - between putting on a ladies match and adding the few meagre signings from the dog and duck team, no proper fan will go near the place that weekend :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fuck off.

Just.... just fuck off.

Take your modern fucking pc friendly snowflake fucking horseshit of a game and fuck off.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Kroenke will be loving it, well maybe not that much as he doesn't really give a f*ck, but he'll like it, this is what the Arsenal brand is all about now, safe and friendly, womens and mens 'franchises', success doesn't really matter.

Anyone who buys tickets for this needs a lobotomy.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:51 pm
Kroenke will be loving it, well maybe not that much as he doesn't really give a f*ck, but he'll like it, this is what the Arsenal brand is all about now, safe and friendly, womens and mens 'franchises', success doesn't really matter.

Anyone who buys tickets for this has had a lobotomy.
Fixed that one for you :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I would encourage all right thinking football fans to boycott this pc bullshit of a tournament. This fucking horseshit needs to be nipped in the bud now. :roll:

You can see what's next can't you? The birds' FA Cup final in Wemberlee on cup final day. Their snoozathon display of childlike football "skilks" will kick off at 3pm while the proper game stays in its fucking arsehole TV friendly slot of 5pm. :censored:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Football is being destroyed, its being turned into a fucking circus and when the masses get bored with it and move on to the next big craze, there will be no real fans left.
Rather than boycott this fucking unnecessary piece of pc shite, l’d prefer thousands of lads to turn up pished and sing “get your tits out for the lads” throughout the entire game!!

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I seen a headline yesterday with some fucker blaming her fucking period for something or other :roll:
I can just see the team news “Aga Hergerberg misses out today due to a heavy period”
Or a wreckless tackle being put down to a “ severe bout of pmt”
Its all so fucking wrong and has no place in football!
If that’s sexist then I dont give a flying fucking jamrag! :cussing:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 am
Football is being destroyed, its being turned into a fucking circus and when the masses get bored with it and move on to the next big craze, there will be no real fans left.
Rather than boycott this fucking unnecessary piece of pc shite, l’d prefer thousands of lads to turn up pished and sing “get your tits out for the lads” throughout the entire game!!
:coffeespit:

Ah the good old days at Highbury :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:42 pm
goonersid wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 am

Ah the good old days at Highbury :lol:

:lol: :lol: You beat me to it Jock, the “coffee spit” was going to be exactly my response. Oh fuck it, it deserves one from me too.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

goonersid wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 am
I seen a headline yesterday with some fucker blaming her fucking period for something or other :roll:
I can just see the team news “Aga Hergerberg misses out today due to a heavy period”
Or a wreckless tackle being put down to a “ severe bout of pmt”
Its all so fucking wrong and has no place in football!
If that’s sexist then I dont give a flying fucking jamrag! :cussing:

This one too. Good ol’ Sid. :lol: