Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by Jock Gooner »

Dear Mr Adidas - any chance red socks please :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

goonertux wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:27 pm
Like them both but one question. Why the f**k are we still trying to get people to visit Rwanda FFS?!
I think it is something to do with the Rwanda Tourist Board giving wiggy a shedload of wonga to promote it. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:01 pm
Wright put up picture of auba and laca with the jerseys on and immediately took it down.

I've a screen shot but don't know his to upload it here.

all I can say is they look sweet!

I’ve got “the horn” :barscarf:

Gotta say I am Lovin' that Home Shirt. Got my money ready :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

There are 5 weeks until the Adidas deal kicks in :anyminute:

Red socks please :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

I think it will be the first time in a while that I will buy both shirts on launch. I usually buy the home shirt and then catch the away or 3rd kit when it goes on sale but, goddamn, both shirts are beautiful to say the least. Don't judge if I wear the Banana 2.0 on my outings, fakin classy.

augie

Post by augie »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:39 am
I think it will be the first time in a while that I will buy both shirts on launch. I usually buy the home shirt and then catch the away or 3rd kit when it goes on sale but, goddamn, both shirts are beautiful to say the least. Don't judge if I wear the Banana 2.0 on my outings, fakin classy.

I haven't bought myself a jersey in years (too old at 50 ? ), but I will be buying myself both of those beauties for sure :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

3rd kit also looks impressive to be fair - not as nice as the other 2, but then the 3rd kits never are

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ay-strips/

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Kiss my face :barscarf:

Just take my fucking money already.

herbert

Post by herbert »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Nice top apart from the VISIT RWANDA sponsorship killing the sleeve

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:51 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Nice top apart from the VISIT RWANDA sponsorship killing the sleeve
Have to agree. It makes it look tacky.

Also it might be a trick of the light but old Laca looks like he needs to get off the cheeseburgers in that photo! :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

All three shirts look awesome. Red/white, home , yellow/blue away and blue/yellow third is just what The Arsenal is all about.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I have no idea when these kits will be released....mid July would be my best guess.

The Puma contract runs until June 30th (another masterstroke by that serial fuckwit Ivan :roll: ) so the club will have to spend the next 20 days desperately pretending we are going to play bare chested next season. There won't be a single mention of Adidas or next season's kits. Bizarre.

If you go on to Arsenal.com right now you cannot buy a replica jersey from the online store. Nothing. What a way to run a business. I doubt there's a single other club in the world where that is the case. I don't think July 1st just rolls around and suddenly the kits go on sale, there will have to be the usual marketing blurb and official launch to much fanfare happen first.

It's also incredible that you still will not find a single mention of the Adidas announcement on the official website in the news section (or anywhere else for that matter). The two line tweet from last last year has been the only time the club have acknowledged it, fuck knows what sort of contract Puma were given that has basically rendered the club mute on the subject.

Anyway, enjoy the paralysis of the next 20 days and we'll see what happens next month.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

as lovely as they are I won't be giving wiggy my money for them

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm
as lovely as they are I won't be giving wiggy my money for them

I stand to be corrected on this of course, but I would assume that the club gets a set amount in the contract, and only make extra money if the shirt is bought through the club (online or in club shop). IF I am right, buying the shirt from jd sports, or sports direct, or any local sports store, wont net wiggy any extra money and we can feel free to buy as many as we want 8) Of course that is short-term thinking, cos if adidas has record sales of the jersies during this deal, wiggy will demand a bigger contract next time around and that is where he will make his jingles