Emirates Cup 2019

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Emirates Cup 2019

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 5:52 am
I would encourage all right thinking football fans to boycott this pc bullshit of a tournament. This fucking horseshit needs to be nipped in the bud now. :roll:

You can see what's next can't you? The birds' FA Cup final in Wemberlee on cup final day. Their snoozathon display of childlike football "skilks" will kick off at 3pm while the proper game stays in its fucking arsehole TV friendly slot of 5pm. :censored:
Yep! That's exactly what will happen mate.

And then they will count the overall attendance for the day and triumphantly claim that 80,000 tickets were sold for the women's and men's cup finals :roll:
goonersid wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 am
Football is being destroyed, its being turned into a fucking circus and when the masses get bored with it and move on to the next big craze, there will be no real fans left.
Rather than boycott this fucking unnecessary piece of pc shite, l’d prefer thousands of lads to turn up pished and sing “get your tits out for the lads” throughout the entire game!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Agree Sid .. on all points you made :D
goonersid wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 am
I seen a headline yesterday with some fucker blaming her fucking period for something or other :roll:
I can just see the team news “Aga Hergerberg misses out today due to a heavy period”
Or a wreckless tackle being put down to a “ severe bout of pmt”
Its all so fucking wrong and has no place in football!
If that’s sexist then I dont give a flying fucking jamrag! :cussing:
:D

Where I work the amount of sick days some of the women take off is shocking. Of course they're never questioned about it the same way as the men are. All they really have to give as a reason is ''woman's trouble'' and no more questions are asked.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Clash wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
I would encourage all right thinking football fans to boycott this pc bullshit of a tournament. This fucking horseshit needs to be nipped in the bud now. :roll:

You can see what's next can't you? The birds' FA Cup final in Wemberlee on cup final day. Their snoozathon display of childlike football "skilks" will kick off at 3pm while the proper game stays in its fucking arsehole TV friendly slot of 5pm. :censored:

And then they will count the overall attendance for the day and triumphantly claim that 80,000 tickets were sold for the women's and men's cup finals :roll:
goonersid wrote:
Football is being destroyed, its being turned into a fucking circus and when the masses get bored with it and move on to the next big craze, there will be no real fans left.
Rather than boycott this fucking unnecessary piece of pc shite, l’d prefer thousands of lads to turn up pished and sing “get your tits out for the lads” throughout the entire game!!

goonersid wrote:
I seen a headline yesterday with some fucker blaming her fucking period for something or other :roll:
I can just see the team news “Aga Hergerberg misses out today due to a heavy period”

Where I work the amount of sick days some of the women take off is shocking. Of course they're never questioned about it the same way as the men are. All they really have to give as a reason is ''woman's trouble'' and no more questions are asked.
Same at my place. Then when a bloke has the audacity to take a day or two off for a sickness bug or flu they're all shit stirring about "soft sicknote men" "imagine if they had to go through what we do every month, and give birth" :roll: Do my Fucking nut in

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

It seems pretty ridiculous that tickets for this cost more than Europa League and League Cup games did last season.

After booking fees, it's over £30 to sit in the very back row in the upper tier. Had it been £10 stadium-wide I may have gone (to the second game only, obviously), but those prices are insane. No wonder hardly any tickets have sold so far.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:06 pm
It seems pretty ridiculous that tickets for this cost more than Europa League and League Cup games did last season.

After booking fees, it's over £30 to sit in the very back row in the upper tier. Had it been £10 stadium-wide I may have gone (to the second game only, obviously), but those prices are insane. No wonder hardly any tickets have sold so far.

:rubchin: Hmmm.....I think you’re fibbing.....you want to go and look at the women don’t you ??

:lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:14 pm
Clash wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

goonersid wrote:

goonersid wrote:

Same at my place. Then when a bloke has the audacity to take a day or two off for a sickness bug or flu they're all shit stirring about "soft sicknote men" "imagine if they had to go through what we do every month, and give birth" :roll: Do my Fucking nut in
Women who complain about the pain of giving birth have clearly never stood on a 3 pin plug in the middle of the night.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:06 pm

I wouldn't want to waste a day at this shit even if i was paid £30 to attend

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I'd love to be able to say I won't go but it will all depend on how my annual football cold turkey is going. If it's a sunny afternoon then I may be weak and tempted to don my nice new Adidas top and head to the bowl for a quick footy fix :oops:

I'm hoping Sid goes to help start the "get your tits out for the lads" chants.....I'd pay good money to see anybody kick that off :lol: They would bring back hanging in a heartbeat :lol: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:46 am
I'd love to be able to say I won't go but it will all depend on how my annual football cold turkey is going. If it's a sunny afternoon then I may be weak and tempted to don my nice new Adidas top and head to the bowl for a quick footy fix :oops:

I'm hoping Sid goes to help start the "get your tits out for the lads" chants.....I'd pay good money to see anybody kick that off :lol: They would bring back hanging in a heartbeat :lol: :lol:
haha me too :D

In honour of his namesake, the legend that is Sid the Sexist:

phpBB [video]

And if you cant chant it ... you can always wear one of these t-shirts:

Or just mock this whole PC equality nonsense and do the what that (Paddy Power?) advert does and keep shouting ''man on! ...woman on! ... person on! .... PERSON ON!!''

But I prefer Sid's idea :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

its for the money. they want to build the wimmins game up to make the $$$$$

which as long as they plough that back into the mens team and reserves i have no issue with.

it always used to make me laugh that during the Highbury Years (RIP) when tickets for non STH's were like gold dust, that people would whine about not ever getting to see The Arsenal play, but our very successful (Double Winners in '98 i think ?) Ladies team and Reserves would be playing in front of one bloke and his dog.

I pointed this out to some woman who used to take her two kids and sit outside Highbury during games so they could be 'part of matchday'.

Did she take the kids to the reserves or ladies games ? nope. she wanted the first team or nothing. and that's the type that got us moved from Highbury to the bowl.

and yes i am still bitter. very.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I actually thought about attending the day with my two daughters when they mentioned a team from Lyon and Bayern Munich will be playing. Unfortunately, like that Tommy Cooper joke about finding a Stradivarius and Picasso up in his loft, Lyon's men can't play and Bayern Munich women make a crap football team.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Will it be on TV? If so, anyone know which channel?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

arrgee wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:39 am
Will it be on TV? If so, anyone know which channel?
Guarantee it will be on tv mate. The beeb will be all over the women's match. No danger of them showing the first team though :roll: