Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
cameron326

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by cameron326 »

Emery will be here this time next year or he won't be. If we're 6th or 7th at Christmas there will be no nostalgia stopping the board from acting and pushing him out. As such, Emery doesn't worry me. What worries me is the AMBITION of this club from top to bottom. And that starts with the owner - and we have without doubt the least ambitious owner of any major club in world football. And he is perfectly happy with raking in money from the brand name while we hover around 7th or 8th in the table for a decade or two. And he most certainly will not sell for a very long time of his own volition - he's in it for small incremental profits over a long time period of possibly decades. THAT is what worries me.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Is Arteta still available😂

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Ian M wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:10 pm
Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:08 pm
Still think Sarri and Chelsea pulled the biggest mind game in EL history with Sarri storming off, Luiz and Higuain putting hands and Kante not being available to play.
Yes, that was a cute piece of misdirection, which the media lapped up. Sarri is a cunning old fox, who has been misread completely by the media, and half of the chavs.
Thank you. Someone that got the gist of the post. Didn’t say Sarri meant it but he simply was misunderstood and it worked. We were jolly and jumping about until the second half.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Short shoutout to Oli. He’s been nothing but class and we can’t hate him for doing his job just like Lampard did with City. He said he owes us a lot and it’s been nothing but good between the team and him.

Personal favourite of mine, not your Messi but gets the job done when backed up and is IMO, a top B cat striker.

Ian M

Post by Ian M »

"Comments like this" do not totally absolve the players of anything. They were pathetic and not fit to wear the shirt. Who chose them, who played them, who organised them and gave them tactical instructions? And this is the guy who may well decide where the next tranche of money will be spent. If the assumption is that he will gone by Christmas, might as well cut to the chase now.
The bigger concern is that even if they dump him, their ineptitude would probably land us with some equally clueless mid table nonentity.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:11 pm
Sadly not, he’s planning the winning parade for the community shield with Pep probably. Unlike us, their owners are ambitious and will spend another billion if needed.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

season tickets are probably in and everyone is going out to buy the new kits.

wiggy is happy

Ian M

Post by Ian M »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:14 pm
Short shoutout to Oli. He’s been nothing but class and we can’t hate him for doing his job just like Lampard did with City. He said he owes us a lot and it’s been nothing but good between the team and him.

Personal favourite of mine, not your Messi but gets the job done when backed up and is IMO, a top B cat striker.
That was a stonker of a header. Difficult angle, beautifully dispatched into the corner of the goal.

augie

Post by augie »

cameron326 wrote:
Emery will be here this time next year or he won't be. If we're 6th or 7th at Christmas there will be no nostalgia stopping the board from acting and pushing him out. As such, Emery doesn't worry me. What worries me is the AMBITION of this club from top to bottom. And that starts with the owner - and we have without doubt the least ambitious owner of any major club in world football. And he is perfectly happy with raking in money from the brand name while we hover around 7th or 8th in the table for a decade or two. And he most certainly will not sell for a very long time of his own volition - he's in it for small incremental profits over a long time period of possibly decades. THAT is what worries me.

I seriously don't care enough about whether they sack emery or keep him - in fact there is a part of me that would look forward to seeing (a) what top managers will be lining up to take the job and (b) how that manager will propel us to be challengers again with a lack of transfer funds.
Bring it on 8)

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

This sums up two things:-

Chelsea has had their mediocre season/shit season according to their fans and manager not very much liked and they can end up 2 trophies before the start of the season. The owner is probably ready to spend another 100 on the team + cash from Hazard.

We improved only by 7pts from last year and that’s it. Shows the shit show that’s going on in our club. We will have 30m and probably 20m by selling the shit players we have. We are probably years away from another final in any competition.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

cameron326 wrote:
Yep it's done mate, I said it as soon as he got 100% - we're a dead club under him, time to walk away, save money, turn off your emotion and just not waste your time on them, I've seen all I need to about Arsenal 100% under KSE, not going to bother with next season full stop.

Hate everything about football anyway, Newcastle will probably overtake us in a few seasons now they have UAE money, what is the point?, this isn't the f*cking NFL with it's draft system etc. we have token rules that came in too late to try and curb 'doping', UEFA are still talking about banning City (for 1 season) at least 5 years after their bs made up sponsorship deal was there for all to see, P$G are still in the CL, yeah FFP is really going to ride to our rescue lol.

Meanwhile our total lack of ambition has come to hit our own finances, because of terrible decision making from literally EVERYONE - wiggy backing Wenger, Wenger going full on senile, Ivan giving out money to any average footballer etc etc. now we are just total FUBAR and there is no way in hell wiggy is bailing us out, debatable whether he could now (rule changes) but he wouldn't anyway!.

We needed CL next season to stay in with a chance of competing with the big 5, not 6 now is it?, without that we are shopping at Lidl along with Wolves and Everton, I knew it wouldn't take long for KSE to turn us in to full on midtable, impressive because I think they'll be done within 1 or 2 seasons.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:20 pm
cameron326 wrote:

I seriously don't care enough about whether they sack emery or keep him - in fact there is a part of me that would look forward to seeing (a) what top managers will be lining up to take the job and (b) how that manager will propel us to be challengers again with a lack of transfer funds.
Bring it on 8)
The way I see it now is that there's no point trying to even think about getting in anyone decent. What we need is someone who can do an average job with no money. We might as well get Joe Kinnear or Alan Curbishley to manage us.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I really thought we got rid of Wenger the support would unite to get wiggy out

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

mcdowell42 wrote:
After the fist match this season I thought we probably had got the wrong guy :oops:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

To be fair to Emery he HAS done well to keep us in the top 6 with this squad but that's probably more to do with the shit standard of the league below the top 6. But from here I can only see one way and that is mid table for the foreseeable future with the odd flirt with the bottom 6 like the Leicesters and Evertons of the world.

The weekend is just going to be horrific, then after that doesn't bear thinking about if they win it. Just so so sick of it all and I want out. So so fucking depressing