Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Europa League Final Arsenal v Chav$ 29/05 Match Thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:03 pm
Thierry 3-8-99 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:53 pm
augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Ian M wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:39 pm
This is a practice match now for the chavs. They could have had another couple easily. Big improvement from Wenger. NOT.

Will they have the balls to sack Emery?

Will they f*ck.

The thing I cant understand with comments like this (and those from sid), is that they totally absolve the players from blame and seem to think that a different manager will make everything better :roll: I said yesterday that dick is nowhere near an elite manager, but these players are nowhere near good enough either in ability or attitude. We will NEVER be a big club again under this ownership and we need to realise that
Very very true - just not sure as Arsenal fans how we cope/adapt/deal with it :(
Whilst i agree that the players are as much as fault as the manager tonight there were plenty on here whose ire only ever reach Wenger and often the players were a only a byproduct of his poor management style or recruitment policy, so why then after a complete season to improve things does UE suddenly get absolved of any blame and it is purely down to the players, he is the Head Coach, i go back to my earlier statement please point out one area he has obviously improved with his coaching, or even one player...

Being blinkered in the post Wenger era is just as bad as those who were blinkered for years because of what Wenger did for us in his early years. The Head Coach/Manager, no matter who he is, is responsible for how the team plays as a whole and how it is set up, we have been carved open too many times this season against differing levels of opponents (some of them incredbly shit teams) for him not to be responsible for the organisation, tactics and especially defending.

He is NOT absolved of blame/responsibility, and I blame his team selection against palace for triggering our end of season collapse :evil: What I will continue to say in his defence, is that he was left with a piss poor squad riddled with disgraceful attitudes
BUT he signed 5 players, certainly 4 That you and everyone else on here have said we were crying out for and were UPGRADES, as in better but yet we lookl fuckin shit for 90% of our games.

In fact apart from games against Fulham (who gave us a plus 7 goal difference) we have looked like losing every fuckin game at any given moment.

Regardless of our wanky yanky owner dick is shit and out of his depth and I've said this from months ago.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'm still not sure what happened in that 20 minute spell. Giroud scored and we collapsed. The hunger from the three home grown players was evident, as for the rest.
Simply the key area which has let us down all season was bared open again tonight (or tomorrrow given the time difference). Koscielny/ Sokratis ?monreal are gone. There were no challenges going in from the midfield or defence. Chelski had better players.
Tactically, Emery wasn't outhought, he simply hasn't got the quality of players. That was our best fit first eleven out there tonight. Looking at the manager's face tonight I wouldn't be surprised if he sacked off that team. There really isn't anything he can pick from the debris of that performance to look forward to next season. All the fuss over cech and he was our best performer.
Taking Ozil off and replacing him with Willock was the biggest "fuck you" move Emery could've made. The impact Willock made in however many minutes he was on the pitch for, overshadowed Ozil entire season.
Can we re-build? Yes, but it will have to come from within the club.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

We are heading towards midtable now.

Couple of years time we will be grateful for being in the Europa League.

Spurs are top dogs in north London now.
Get Wiggy out or this will be the future for next 10 years :banghead:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

We are fucked for a long time to come! Average manager, bang average players, owner who doesn’t care, and no investment to change anything. This is gonna take years to change. Unless there is major protests, nothing will change. Jesus, this is gonna be painful.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We have played in European competitions every year apart from one since we won the Cup Winners Cup in 1994. In that time, we have won no European trophies. Man Utd have won two European Cups and a UEFA Cup plus two other finals, Liverpool have won a European Cup and a UEFA Cup and been to four finals, the Chavs have won a Cup Winners Cup, two UEFA cups and a European Cup and been to another final. We have lost a European cup final, two UEFA cup finals and a cup winners cup final. We have never beaten another English team in a European competition. Something is deeply wrong in the fabric of the club.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Anyone remember when results like this would put you in deep depression for days, that United semi defeat for example.

I switched off when the 2nd goal went in and started pulling the kick boards off my kitchen units to check that my fight with the mice is on track

I'm struggling to reconcile how much I don't give a fuck about the result.

Ian M

Post by Ian M »

With Leicester, Wolves and Everton improving rapidly, looks like we will struggle to hold on to 5th or 6th. Oh happy days in one of the most expensive, atmosphere-less grounds in the league.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

I still give a fuck but it's different these days. It used to be "aww shit we lost but we're still The Arsenal. Rough with the smooth etc".

Now it's just anger at what we've become and where we're heading and every result like this just brings it home

Perryashburtongroves

Rob Admin wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:02 pm
Anyone remember when results like this would put you in deep depression for days, that United semi defeat for example.

I switched off when the 2nd goal went in and started pulling the kick boards off my kitchen units to check that my fight with the mice is on track

I'm struggling to reconcile how much I don't give a fuck about the result.
If they're European mice or mice from another English team in a European made kitchen, then o doubt, you'll have lost the fight.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonertux wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:59 pm
We are fucked for a long time to come! Average manager, bang average players, owner who doesn’t care, and no investment to change anything. This is gonna take years to change. Unless there is major protests, nothing will change. Jesus, this is gonna be painful.
I know mate but at least some people are only just clicking with this now, look I'm no genius, far from it, but I saw this coming way back in 2007 when Kroenke got hold of his first 30%, a little research told me that this guy was bad news, so I've had 12 years of seeing this come to fruition, I really don't have the stomach to see how full-on bad we can get under him.

My guess is we'll stay top 8 or 9 simply due to the stadium, fan base and lack of high interest debt. but I don't think we'll get above 6th either, United for all their troubles have a sh1t load more revenue than us.

I am bored of the Europa league already but we've probably got decades of it to come, how depressing is that?!, as for the league, we're p1ssing in the wind for decades there too, best thing to do is just turn off, it's bloody hard I know, but it really just isn't worth the hassle anymore.

I'll keep hoping to hear that something is brewing re a big protest against wiggy but I won't hold breath, I don't think he'd budge anyway unless people actively stopped going and really ramped it up to a level I just can't see happening with such a passive fan base.

Don't know what else to add really, sad, sad times for a once great club. :censored:

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

So losing means no CL and less $ for Kronke? I think we're happy to take that one on the chin right?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We ship 3 and 4 goals in so many games these days you almost become immune. Maybe at home against the lesser lights of the league I’d raise an eyebrow at a scoreline like that but if we take a tanking away from home against anybody it’s pretty much standard fare.

Shambolic.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Rob Admin wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm
So losing means no CL and less $ for Kronke? I think we're happy to take that one on the chin right?
If it means he's tempted to sell up before his 'asset' value declines heavily then yes!, I think it will take a while before that happens though, unfortunately.

:banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Rob Admin wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:21 pm
We seem to be taking a lot on the chin these days. In fact, about 12 years of it.

goonertone

Post by goonertone »

Shocking 2nd half capitulation and a new low for the club but i doubt anything will change in Wiggy's world as a result. The S/T's will be renewed, tv money will keep rolling in and people will be falling over themselves to buy the new Adidas shirts etc so what's the problem?

There's no speculate to accumulate with this leech (even allowing for FFP restrictions) and as long as the cash flow remains favourable he's going nowhere for the foreseeable future. We'll spend more time looking over our shoulder than competing alongside the best.

I just hope that some of the promising youngsters progress and establish themselves. Hopefully they've got more Arsenal DNA than the players that embarassed us tonight.