Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Unai Emery

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

oh dear

back to the drawing board so

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I hope it doesn't happen, BUT if it does then we have to go for Allegri

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48306450

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:58 am

Buddy I put that up in jest - I like emery so far, but lets face it he aint an elite manager and aint getting the barca job anytime soon

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:16 am
OneBardGooner wrote:

Buddy I put that up in jest - I like emery so far, but lets face it he aint an elite manager and aint getting the barca job anytime soon
Roberto Martinez is their first choice, I would say Emery is more of an elite manager than we give him credit for.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:53 pm
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Roberto Martinez is their first choice, I would say Emery is more of an elite manager than we give him credit for.

Again I will say that I do rate emery in case I am misunderstood here, but lets call this as it is and admit that if dick was elite, we would not have got him - no elite manager would touch us with a barge pole given our transfer budget

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:40 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:53 pm
augie wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Again I will say that I do rate emery in case I am misunderstood here, but lets call this as it is and admit that if dick was elite, we would not have got him - no elite manager would touch us with a barge pole given our transfer budget
I'd definitly put in him the top 10 coaches/ managers in the world. He cleaned up with PSG, something no manager done before him or since. I suspect you'll put Pochettino in the "elite" category despite not winning a single title or being at club that hasn't spent anything for a year. The club's transfer budget is irrelevant to an elite manager, it's how they spend it and how the team they coach improves.

augie

Post by augie »

Dear Mr Emery,

IF we lose tonight cos of a fcuk up/lack of quality from helmet head, then you sir are dead to me and I will join the dissenters looking for your sacking :evil: :evil: :evil:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm
Dear Mr Emery,

IF we lose tonight cos of a fcuk up/lack of quality from helmet head, then you sir are dead to me and I will join the dissenters looking for your sacking :evil: :evil: :evil:
No! We list because of the reasons we’ve lost games like this all season! Dont blame cech, wenger, nor any othet scapegoat youve used to excuse this fucking idiot of a manager!!!
SACK THIS *word censored* NOW

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm
Dear Mr Emery,

Cech did better than I thought he would and was probably our best performer on the night. Don't know if you saw his post match interview but Cech spoke with emotion of a player that cared and did say the work going on behind the scenes is immense. That next season we'll reap the reward of all the hard work from this season. Not sure Leno would've been able to stop the first one.
I'm really not sure what else Emery could've done to change the course of the match with the players he had available to him.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Tbh I think the blame game is a bit off here. It's not that Dick is shit. It's not that all the players are shit. It's somewhere in the middle. We have a very average group of players with a few real turds and a few players that on their day can look top class but are too inconsistent to be effective every game. Dick is not a top 5 in the world manager and can only do so much with the squad he has.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Absolutely monumental job facing him and he was never going to get the money to do it. He bought well last year and I like how he carries himself Nd what he says. Being brutally honest, doesn’t feel like it but there were some considerable improvements from last year in areas.

Fuck me though if we are still showing anything like this culture of bottling away from home, shipping in 3+ goals regularly and generally not knowing how to defend as a team well into next season then it should be his last.

Nobody is going to get us anywhere near challenging for anything which this squad and the transfer budget we had last summer and will have this year. But fuck me we are entitled to expect to see much more bottle and determination.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I like Emery but he took this final for granted and he hasn't learned from mistakes.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So this season we’ve conceded 3 away at Chelsea, 3 away at Southampton, 5 away at Liverpool, 3 at home to United (Cup), 3 away at City, 3 away at Rennes (Europa), 3 at home to Palace, 3 away at Wolves, 3 away at Leicester and 4 in the game last night.

Get away ta fuck. And that’s all after the addition of supposed defensive reinforcements last Summer and a manager who’d bring a game plan to consign constant shit shows like that to the banter era.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:03 am
So this season we’ve conceded 3 away at Chelsea, 3 away at Southampton, 5 away at Liverpool, 3 at home to United (Cup), 3 away at City, 3 away at Rennes (Europa), 3 at home to Palace, 3 away at Wolves, 3 away at Leicester and 4 in the game last night.

Get away ta fuck. And that’s all after the addition of supposed defensive reinforcements last Summer and a manager who’d bring a game plan to consign constant shit shows like that to the banter era.
It’s hard to fathom that we are probably in a worse place right now than at anytime under Wenger, at least there was the hope no matter how small, that maybe he could rekindle that flame and amid all the shite we managed to win the odd trophy and until almost the end , managed to stay ahead of the spuds!
Now I honestly believe we have a manager who is more clueless than Wenger was!
Don’t get me wrong I’m glad Wengers gone, but I’m dreading next season under Emery more than any under Wenger!
Whilst, truth be told I don’t really care that much anymore, it would be nice to atleast enjoy football again, without it being all consuming!
I reckon (without the luckiest unbeaten run in football history) we will be in such a mess by Christmas that Kroenke will have no option other than to sack Emery, but the damage will have been done and once again we will be waiting for the following season

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Oh and his only foray into the the transfer was to plump for Denis fucking Suarez :oops: