End of season poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Emery?

Keep him
70%
Sack him
30%

Total votes: 33

goonersid

End of season poll

Post by goonersid »

Well maybe DB10 will allow this to run :wink:
Well season over, a couple of points better an embarassing game further in the elge,than wengers worst ever season!
So ? Keep him, sack him?

augie

Re: End of season poll

Post by augie »

If there was a third "I don't give a fcuk either way" option, then that would have got my vote 8) :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Where's option 3 - burn down the Emirates and hire a particularly brutal Eastern Eurpean hitman to take out wiggy?.

:roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

A full season in and still no discernible style of play, defensively shambolic, poor attitude and work rate, regularly taking pastings and once more crumbling at the first sign of any pressure being applied.

Fuck all has changed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 pm
Well season over, a couple of points better an embarassing game further in the elge,than wengers worst ever season!
So ? Keep him, sack him?
:lol:

Sid we both know this is only going to degenerate into a complete duplicate of the Dick thread. I'm not modding the same shit in two locations mate. Don't have the time or the inclination.

We'll leave it open for a few days to see what the poll produces but then I'm locking the fucker. :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Wenger murdered this club, give him time if things are the same this time next year then think again.

in short judge him in May, next May 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I've made my feelings abundantly clear, its not all his fault by a long shot, the players, owners and directors have their share of responsibility to take but with the situation as it is i cannot see him improving us and only see more of the same to come. Get rid and bring in a manager who can do things on a restricted budget to stabilise the ship. No matter who comes in they end up with the Kroenke/Wenger mess to clean up and for me EU is not the sort of manager to do whats needed.

I dont expect much but a start would be to stop shipping goals against minnows and lesser teams away from home and to actually put together a consistent season for the whole season not let things slip in the last 6 games.

shu

Post by shu »

Bring in a coach who is well known to be a good defensive coach

Clash

Post by Clash »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:45 am
Wenger murdered this club, give him time if things are the same this time next year then think again.

in short judge him in May, next May 8)
Agreed Flash! It is a massive task to sort out the mess Wenger left and his demonic presence haunts us. We needed a fucking exorcist before we got a new manager.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’d actually be willing to take a chance on Benitez!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 am
goonersid wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 pm
So ? Keep him, sack him?
:lol:

Sid we both know this is only going to degenerate into a complete duplicate of the Dick thread. I'm not modding the same shit in two locations mate. Don't have the time or the inclination.

We'll leave it open for a few days to see what the poll produces but then I'm locking the fucker. :wink:

You see this is exactly what is wrong with everything Arsenal these days....if it's not enought to have spineless lazy players now we have snowflakey mollycoddled mods who can't be bothered to put in a shift and expect everything done for them :roll: :lol:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I'd be OK if he was to stay on, but he needs to start becoming more vocal about lack of funds....

I just get the feeling he's too "nice" when we need a manager who'll be a more mischievous and call out the board!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Besides asking the 2 questions, there should also be an option available of who, if voting to sack Emery should be brought in as a replacement.

Even though it looks like Allegri will be available, would he be willing to come to a club whose owner isn't interested in investing enough money to enable the manager (whomever that might be) to buy the players we need and off-load the dead wood.

It is Kroenke (Snr and Jnr) who are the problem, but there is no way we can get them out. Usmanov sadly was our last chance of someone rich enough to both get rid of wiggy AND still have enough to bank-roll the changes we need, he tried to buy out Kroenke but AFC is a money making machine as far as the wig-wearer is concerned, so any chance of ousting him evaporated long ago when Usmanov sold his 30% to wiggy.

That was our death knell for the foreseeable future unless wiggy has a change of mind which I just don't see happening because he is profit first investment to make profit And success second.

The Global financial markets & systems changed and as part of that so did Football as a sport and was swallowed and so became Pure Business we; as are other teams/clubs are victims of that.

It could be said that the blame goes back to 2011 when Nina Bracewell-smith, Danny Fizman, P. Hill-Wood and the other board members sold their shares to him. All they saw was the Dollar signs, whether they knew he would be the kind of owner he turned out to be is anyone's guess, but the signs were there for all to see, in the way he ran his other sports franchises in USofA.

It is all BAD news as far as I am concerned, wiggy (aka: Arsenal Holdings plc) isn't going to do anything that messes with his steady Annual profit from AFC, even IF he did give Emery or whomever is manager enough money to buy the players we need (6 - 7 players at least) to realistically compete for the title and CL, it would then be some time before that out-lay showed returns in terms of trophies/title/CL and so the profit that does come from such success.

We are Fucked and only by having a manager in place who is willing to run a relatively successful team on a very limited budget will we stand a chance of once more securing a Top 4 place on an annual/regular basis.

Maybe Emery isn't that manager - he deserves one more year/season. Again as to who would or could replace him and operate under the above limitations narrows our choices and so our chances even further.

:suicide:
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Thu May 30, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:20 pm
I’d actually be willing to take a chance on Benitez!
To be fair, he wouldn't be a bad shout. Liverpool and Newcastle have been taken over from parasitic owners whilst he's been in charge there, so at least we'd have the hope it'd be 3 out of 3 if he came here! :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It sounds like Newcastle are about to be bought up by an Arab owner with billions to spend etc, so I don't see Benitez jumping from a ship that's about to be refurbished to one that is paddling along and just staying afloat. :?