End of season poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Emery?

Keep him
70%
Sack him
30%

Total votes: 33

Parlour'sBeermat

Re: End of season poll

Post by Parlour'sBeermat »

Give him another season. The problems at the club are more deep rooted than the manager. And most of us were expecting a slip back towards mid table this season so fighting for CL to the last games of the season was not expected. Emery is using for the most part dross that got the last man sacked. If the club don't sign any decent defenders I'm not sure what he can do that said. A style of player and a bit more resilience would be nice. Lesser teams don't automatically crumble as soon as they go behind.

I think that playing Europa did take it out of them towards the end. If we had just been concentrating on the league I'm sure we would have got the extra two points needed.

I'd play kids all the way through the Europa next season regardless.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Parlour'sBeermat wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:31 pm
Give him another season. The problems at the club are more deep rooted than the manager. And most of us were expecting a slip back towards mid table this season so fighting for CL to the last games of the season was not expected. Emery is using for the most part dross that got the last man sacked. If the club don't sign any decent defenders I'm not sure what he can do that said. A style of player and a bit more resilience would be nice. Lesser teams don't automatically crumble as soon as they go behind.

I think that playing Europa did take it out of them towards the end. If we had just been concentrating on the league I'm sure we would have got the extra two points needed.

I'd play kids all the way through the Europa next season regardless.
Bollocks!
He chose to chase the knockout instant death road rather than the calculable route through the plge!
With 8 games to go we were in a fucking unbelieveable situation (we love that word in derry) where we had a favorable run in compared to a floundering utd, collapsing spurs, and unconvincing chavs!
Yet our master tactician chose Russian Roulette!
2 points more from those last 8 games would have secured clge next season and condemned spurs to thurs nite footie in their new stadium !!
Its fucking unforgiveable!
So on that catastrophic decision he should be sacked!!

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Bollocks!
He chose to chase the knockout instant death road rather than the calculable route through the plge!
With 8 games to go we were in a fucking unbelieveable situation (we love that word in derry) where we had a favorable run in compared to a floundering utd, collapsing spurs, and unconvincing chavs!
Yet our master tactician chose Russian Roulette!
2 points more from those last 8 games would have secured clge next season and condemned spurs to thurs nite footie in their new stadium !!
Its fucking unforgiveable!
So on that catastrophic decision he should be sacked!!
Agree with this but it's not going to happen is it? - Kroenke doesn't sack failing managers until far too late, as we saw all too well with Wenger.

I expect Emery to be sacked next summer when we fail to get in the CL again, I think his contract was only 2 years anyway so that will mean no pay-off which will delight the wiggy c*nt.

At that point I think we'll see our revenue falling way behind the big 5 and so we'll probably be stuck in 6th/7th place purgatory for decades to come.

Will our fans get off their backsides and start having a go at the real problem then?, hmmm really not sure.. :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry sid I'm locking this one down. It's been open long enough to give anyone that can be arsed to vote the chance to vote and is now (as predicted) just a duplicate of the Emery thread.