ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by mcdowell42 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:25 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:21 pm
RSI Sport say Xhaka, who is in Porto with the Swiss squad, has not confirmed anything but he has also not denied anything either, & this could also be another interesting indication that something is in the works. #Arsenal
I don't know who's worse. Us for buying shit players like him or the clubs we sell them to for actually taking them.
don't jinx it!

:lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

What do we actually need :rubchin:

Backup for Leno, can't see Macey, Ospina or Martinez as good enough

Mustafi gone and a replacement CB, Holding should be back next season and possibly Chambers and Mavrapanos as further back up, do we still need another, probably?

Monreal needs replacing and i'm definitely not sold on Kolasinac so at least one here

Bellerin much as i malign him will be our only recognised RB next season with Stefan gone and Jenkinson going to, so a definite hole to fill there

So 4 possibly 5 slots to fill in defence/goalkeeping

I still think we need another DM, a proper one, Lucas ran out of steam and Matteo was far too rash (age and experience required), Xhaka can sing as far as i'm concerned, oh and Elneny....nuff said. With Ramsey gone and Ozil being who he is we struggle in CM, yes there are some youngsters but we need strengthening there

Both L/R Mid or Wingers depending on formation are required, Iwobi can fuck of and take Mhiki with him, again some potential youngsters but no right now players so at least one either side

So again we need potentially 3 or 4 Midfielders

Up front we're not too bad if we can hold onto both on the otherhand if we can get decent money for PEA i'd take it and get a replacement and use the change to strengthen elsewhere, unfortunately with Welbeck out of contract we're still short a backup so yet another hole to fill, again i'm not convinced on the youngsters.

So over all we need between 7 and 10 players this summer.......might get away with 5 or 6, thats some creative accounting required on a £45M budget plus sales :rubchin:

So Mr Emery you get your second season by default, i hope you can work miracles because its not just about clearing out and replacing you've got to do it quickly to get a squad together and get them to gel before the new season :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:30 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
RSI Sport say Xhaka, who is in Porto with the Swiss squad, has not confirmed anything but he has also not denied anything either, & this could also be another interesting indication that something is in the works. #Arsenal
I don't know who's worse. Us for buying shit players like him or the clubs we sell them to for actually taking them.
don't jinx it!

Whilst I'd love to see Xhakatard go, and with Kryten Features finally gone, the two I'd rather see go before even Xhakatard are Comedy Two Arses and Mustafalaugh. Every time I see them in an Arsenal jersey I die a little bit inside. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal boss Unai Emery is ready to spend most of his £40m transfer budget on two Sampdoria players - Belgium midfielder Dennis Praet, 25, and 23-year-old Danish defender Joachim Andersen. (Sun)

Ex-Gunners midfielder Freddie Ljungberg is set to join Emery's first-team coaching staff at Emirates Stadium next season. (Times - subscription required)

Arsenal boss Unai Emery has made Barcelona's France defender Samuel Umtiti, 25, his preferred defensive target this summer. The club have also scouted RB Leipzig's 20-year-old France U21 centre-back Dayot Upamecano. (Star)

I Laughed out loud when I read this:

Argentina legend Diego Maradona says he should be the next manager of Manchester United. The 58-year-old is boss of Mexican second division side Dorados. (FourFourTwo)

Just hope it happens! :D :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:04 pm
According to @RSIsport, Granit Xhaka is close to joining Inter Milan. Talks have been ongoing since mid-April & accelerated when Antonio Conte was appointed Inter coach. #Arsenal https://t.co/xR6Sy27Z7V
Oh Dear God, please let this be true....please, please, please. I promise that I'll always be good !! Please...........

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
We are worse Perry, much, much worse. They will be beyond wonderful if they take him....I'll be forever indebted to them.

Oh please let this happen !!!

:barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

some good news - Erikson is leaving the Toilet bowl. he said he wants to try something new. aka winning trophies :lol:

i have to say the fact that they picked up Erikson, Vertonghen, Kane and Son just highlights even more how shameful our recruitment has been for a long long time when you think of Xhaka, mustafi, sanogo, chamakh etc

likewise these quality players that Bournemouth and Southampton keep developing or picking up. our scouting must be absolute bollocks.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:49 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
We are worse Perry, much, much worse. They will be beyond wonderful if they take him....I'll be forever indebted to them.

Oh please let this happen
!!!

:barscarf: :barscarf:
I absolutely agree. Come on Inter get this done.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I just don't think we should offer Auba anything like 300K a week. Look what happened with Ozil.

Don't get me wrong, I like him but tying up that sort of money is ludicrous when we're supposedly so cash-strapped.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:31 pm
I just don't think we should offer Auba anything like 300K a week. Look what happened with Ozil.

Don't get me wrong, I like him but tying up that sort of money is ludicrous when we're supposedly so cash-strapped.
I agree. There is not one player in our squad that is worth 300k a week.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

a couple of reports out today that bouldy is going back to managing the kids, and Freddie has been promoted to assistant first team coach.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm
a couple of reports out today that bouldy is going back to managing the kids, and Freddie has been promoted to assistant first team coach.
In that case God help the kids, especially the defence, BUT Welcome Freddie!

:barscarf: We love you Freddie, cos you've got red hair
We love you Freddie, cos you're everywhere.
We love you Freddie, cos you're Arsenal through and through :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

1 of xhakas cousins has confirmed on twitter that he will be joining inter but they must meet the €55m price tag.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:17 pm
1 of xhakas cousins has confirmed on twitter that he will be joining inter but they must meet the €55m price tag.

That seems a lot to pay them to take him on but it's probably worth it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:33 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:03 pm
In that case God help the kids, especially the defence, BUT Welcome Freddie!

:barscarf: We love you Freddie, cos you've got red hair
We love you Freddie, cos you're everywhere.
We love you Freddie, cos you're Arsenal through and through :barscarf:
SSN
"Freddie Ljungberg will join Unai Emery's first-team coaching staff as part of a major overhaul of Arsenal’s backroom structure.
Ljungberg, who played 285 matches for Arsenal over nine years, is best positioned to advise Emery on the club's young talent.

Bould, who played a limited role in Emery's staff last season, will now work closely with academy manager Per Mertesacker on player development."

Heaven help those youngsters. :D