The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.

Remain or leave

Remain
37%
Leave
63%

Total votes: 81

Gunner Rob

Re: The 'I told you so' EU referendum - Officially the Worst Thread Ever

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:08 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:42 am
another one bites the dust...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/06/ford-axe ... to=twitter

happy yet Brexiteers ?
you ignorant bunch of morons.
Fvckin snowflake rob, with a little R
it's all, me me me me me
You are the selfish and ignorant twat

in case you missed that

SELFISH AND IGNORANT
I accept that leavers are going to continue to stick up for Brexit (whatever Brexit means) but what’s your argument for saying I’m being selfish ??
I’m sticking up for the whole country here,

One of the problems with Brexit has been that leavers have been more vocal in their views than remainers. The general apathy led to Brexit in the first place, although I think the majority would prefer to stay. They just don’t voice their opinions for fear of a backlash like on here.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I accept that leavers are going to continue to stick up for Brexit (whatever Brexit means) but what’s your argument for saying I’m being selfish ??

One of the problems with Brexit has been that leavers have been more vocal in their views than remainers. The general apathy led to Brexit in the first place, although I think the majority would prefer to stay. They just don’t voice their opinions for fear of a backlash like on here.
The amusing thing is that Rob is I think bieng honest here . I've spoken to many remainers who genuinely beleive that they occupy the moral high ground on the matter and beleive their crusade has "God on their side" as they chant the mystical mantras of Brussels and Strasbourg without any understanding !
The remain Lobby has had all of the mainstream media on its side for 3 years and yet the leave lump is still there ,if Labour hadn't fiddled the postal vote at Peterborough Brexit would have it's first MP .
The latest ruse to dismiss the referendum is that is was so long ago it can't be valid anymore ,what a hoot .

Anyway we are still in Europe and here we stay ,we really need to put the thing to bed now as its distracting from the ongoing evils of this current government !

I'm told the price of beak has been going down recently but the quality is going up, with Gove and his followers giving up there's an oversupply in the London market !

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

happy yet Brexiteers ?
it's all, me me me me me

in case you missed that

SELFISH AND IGNORANT

Not only winding your neck in now, but sticking up for THE WHOLE COUNTRY? (bollix)
You have an agenda. You are anti democracy, a Rothschild sympathiser?

The Referendum question was.
Should the UK remain a member of the EU, or leave the EU?
16,141,241 voted remain
17,410,742 voted LEAVE
Democratically, the vote to LEAVE was successful. BREXIT was never a term used on the ballot paper.

Do you agree that we owe THIRTY NINE BILLION POUNDS to the pipsqueek Frenchies and Germans just to leave?
Quite probably you do. But why do we have to pay them? Because a French midget says so? A la Napoleon? Merkel too?

Did you watch with angst the D Day Commemorations? Made you feel sick to the stomach that millions of blokes/women lost their lives, so that heroes like you could stick up for their country by denying the outcome of a democractic vote?

Snowflakes like you make me puke.

BTW. Back in the day, we entered the Economic Union for trade reasons only. Not to be dictated to by France and Germany and unelected faceless beaureucrats on our British way of life. Get a grip, FFS

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:35 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 am
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

happy yet Brexiteers ?
it's all, me me me me me

in case you missed that

SELFISH AND IGNORANT

Not only winding your neck in now, but sticking up for THE WHOLE COUNTRY? (bollix)
You have an agenda. You are anti democracy, a Rothschild sympathiser?

The Referendum question was.
Should the UK remain a member of the EU, or leave the EU?
16,141,241 voted remain
17,410,742 voted LEAVE
Democratically, the vote to LEAVE was successful. BREXIT was never a term used on the ballot paper.

Do you agree that we owe THIRTY NINE BILLION POUNDS to the pipsqueek Frenchies and Germans just to leave?
Quite probably you do. But why do we have to pay them? Because a French midget says so? A la Napoleon? Merkel too?

Did you watch with angst the D Day Commemorations? Made you feel sick to the stomach that millions of blokes/women lost their lives, so that heroes like you could stick up for their country by denying the outcome of a democractic vote?

Snowflakes like you make me puke.

BTW. Back in the day, we entered the Economic Union for trade reasons only. Not to be dictated to by France and Germany and unelected faceless beaureucrats on our British way of life. Get a grip, FFS
Many of the veterans are anti Brexit.
Google Eric Chardin and see what he said last week.

Of course we shouldn’t pay £39 billion, we just shouldn’t leave full stop.
If you are so confident of thriving outside the EU then maybe we should be throwing our weight around inside the EU instead.

Dinosaurs like you need to wake up, how come none of the rest of the EU want to leave ?
Instead of whining on why don’t you work out how we can leave if you are so sure it is the right thing to do.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Dinosaurs like you need to wake up, how come none of the rest of the EU want to leave ?
Instead of whining on why don’t you work out how we can leave if you are so sure it is the right thing to do.
dint realise Goonasaurus was a Brexit bod !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:36 pm

dint realise Goonasaurus was a Brexit bod !
Currently enjoying the sun in Italy with EU flags waving. Nice to be in a country which actually appreciates the benefits of the EU.

I hear it is a bit wet and cold in London.
What with the Tory leadership pantomime as well the UK really does look like a pathetic little sight this morning. Sad to see.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Just back from Cyprus where the feeling iseems to be 50/50.
As usual if you listen to the politicos they are in favour whereas Costa and Stavros or not so sure .
As for Italy with their Bitcoin lookalike coming on strong the Euros future looks a bit grim albeit they will probably keep it to service the books whilst the off the record stuff goes on elsewhere.
Anyway enjoy the sun whilst you can , I had lunch yesterday in 86 degree heat and came back to aquaplaning up the M11.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Dinosaur? Lol
sticks n stones, pal

Glad to be residing in Australia, as a foreigner.
My opinion on local matters not, to the locals, and it's how I like that.
Watching the apathy of the so called 'Brexiteers' from these shores, makes me glad to be here and not emotionally involved with the shite going on back there. Not even a place I want to call home anymore.
Any news over there about France and the Yellow Vest Movement? Or has that been silenced by Macron too?

:barscarf:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Gilet Jaunes ?
If you go by the british media they don't exist. Anything that is seen to be against the ruling class is suppressed which is why you have to scramble around different sites to find alternative viewpoints . However even now our Brussels based friends are bringing forth methods of silencing criticism of their project .
I am amazed that so many are either blind to these factors or just content to go with the flow and become less than complacent.
As a country we need to be less worried about the minor details of finance and see where this is all leading to a totalitarian state run by people that we have not any contol over.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I see Nut Flush's favorite Politician Chukka Ummuna has shed his skin for the third time in almost as many months and is now a Lib Dem ,if he defects to the Tories next month he could end up as a Brexit candidate before the so called October leave date ,Run Chuka run !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 am
I see Nut Flush's favorite Politician Chukka Ummuna has shed his skin for the third time in almost as many months and is now a Lib Dem ,if he defects to the Tories next month he could end up as a Brexit candidate before the so called October leave date ,Run Chuka run !
yes he has made it to 3 political parties just like Nigel Farage :D (Conservative, UKIP and Brexit Party)

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Herd wrote:
Yeah pretty poor that imo. He really hasn't done himself any favours with flip flopping more than Boris Johnson on a good day.

You can safely assume I have lost a lot of respect for him. But these days I am not party centric, because none of them do a decent job.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 am
Herd wrote:
Yeah pretty poor that imo. He really hasn't done himself any favours with flip flopping more than Boris Johnson on a good day.

You can safely assume I have lost a lot of respect for him. But these days I am not party centric, because none of them do a decent job.
yes these days you just need to vote for whichever candidate wants to stop Brexit.
anything else is irrelevant.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The current malaise in British Politics is shocking ,two years on from Grenfell and those fire hazard buildings are still there and nothings been done, People are dying daily because of Tory austerity so Brexit has just become a smokescreen to all the other evils in this country .
Now will see the next prime minister as Boris Johnson a hugely loathsome bully who gives not a toss about anyone except himself .
At least if he does become PM then the public will have no doubt that the Tories are here to fuck them ,the last shroud of humanity will have been removed .
Problem is the alternative is almost as bad .
Corbyn has never been in charge of anything in his life even in opposition he was a fringe player and his inner circle is as bad .
Diane Abbot ,Emily Thornberry, are incompetent gobshites ,and apart from McDonald there are no recognised government functionaries in his shadow cabinet at all ,imagine trying to govern like this .
In the past the Whitehall Mandarins could take the burden of political ideology and implement as best as the system allows but they have all been booted out by the last labour PM Gordon Brown .
We have never been so low in this country and the sole beneficiaries of this weakness are big business/pharma etc who can go on plundering the countries assets and leaving the government with the bill !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 am
The current malaise in British Politics is shocking ,two years on from Grenfell and those fire hazard buildings are still there and nothings been done, People are dying daily because of Tory austerity so Brexit has just become a smokescreen to all the other evils in this country .
Now will see the next prime minister as Boris Johnson a hugely loathsome bully who gives not a toss about anyone except himself .
At least if he does become PM then the public will have no doubt that the Tories are here to fuck them ,the last shroud of humanity will have been removed .
Problem is the alternative is almost as bad .
Corbyn has never been in charge of anything in his life even in opposition he was a fringe player and his inner circle is as bad .
Diane Abbot ,Emily Thornberry, are incompetent gobshites ,and apart from McDonald there are no recognised government functionaries in his shadow cabinet at all ,imagine trying to govern like this .
In the past the Whitehall Mandarins could take the burden of political ideology and implement as best as the system allows but they have all been booted out by the last labour PM Gordon Brown .
We have never been so low in this country and the sole beneficiaries of this weakness are big business/pharma etc who can go on plundering the countries assets and leaving the government with the bill !
this is what you voted for, this is Brexit.
It is impossible to implement and so you have had this paralysis in government for 3 years now.
so far the country has already lost billions, it has spent millions on preparing for a no deal Brexit and we are a laughing stock across the world.
and this is BEFORE it has actually happened!

nice one Herd :roll: