ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Herd »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 pm
An interesting window for Wiggy it's obvious we need investment, anything else is obviously a statement to say he is happy to run our club into the ground, and also not back a manager he choose.

Anything he points to justify not investing happend on his watch, overseen by him, no player contracts exist now that predate his ownership, and he takes a multimillion pound consulting fee each year, so he eerrrm must have consulted on contracts and purchases to some degree.

Also he's *word censored*.
He only used to take 3 million quid a year or as it's known at Arsenal a "Primorac" as his consultancy fee ,peanuts really howeverr what he's doing now he has all the shares god only knows !
He might Debt leverage or mortgage the entire franchise to raise more money for his mega LA Project ,who knows ??
He's more or less given Arsenal to his son as his plaything, I doubt if he has the time or interest beyond the bottom line so we have to rely on Josh getting football fever !
To be honest I'm more worried that Kroenke decides we need a new mega stadium and moves us to ****** Keynes !

augie

Post by augie »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... an-yifang/

Still will be shocked if this happens UNLESS it is a loan

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Augie old chap could you do me a favour and instead of just posting links maybe add a word or two describing what you are linking to? I have such a gaping pain in my arse clicking on these links and then finding out they lead to some media speculation/lies. :lol: :wink:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:56 am
Augie old chap could you do me a favour and instead of just posting links maybe add a word or two describing what you are linking to? I have such a gaping pain in my arse clicking on these links and then finding out they lead to some media speculation/lies. :lol: :wink:
Or even worse Kerry Katona in swimwear in the right hand column :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

This, for any short arsed lazy mods who don't want to click on links, is a story suggesting that the signing of the Brazilian 17 year old martinelli is supposedly getting close

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Xhaka says He is "Going nowhere"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG31msMxK0

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

Morning, hope you're all still miserable sods? Given how the season panned out I'd imagine so.

Anyway, it's that time to start thinking about who might go and where we need to strengthen...it actually feels like a bigger and harder job than last year for Emery. It's a window where he needs to be brave and possible trust some youth going into the new season.

I can't see any big names coming in, maybe a few around the £20m mark like we got with Torreira and Sokratis, if he manages to find two that are decent like they are then that won't be a bad start will it?

So who's out...We already know Welbeck, Ramsey, Lichtsteiner and Cech are out. A back up right back would be a nice addition although with Bellerin coming back and Maitland Niles an able back up it probably won't be the priority.

I really hope he throws 3 or 4 of the young lads in and gives them a proper go because they look on the cusp of being ready to kick on. Niles, Nelson, Smith-Rowe and Willock I can see making some impact and being hungry to push for a place in the 16.

Who could we get rid of? Ospina will go surely? Chambers too I'd imagine and he's someone we could get a bit of money for...maybe £15M...Mustafi clearly hasn't improved and if we could get a similar fee for him then I'd out him too. Holding to come back in is a positive but with Koscielny and Monreal seemingly on the way out then I'd say at least two more defenders are needed. Torreira, Guendouzi and Xhaka id be happy to see stay in the midfield but with Ramsey going a really good player to add in there is vital...Willock may step up but I feel that's a position we need someone...especially with Ozil so hit and miss. If someone we could ship Ozil off to China it must be done. Then reinvest in some quality in the wide areas as we are desperate for quality there. Iwobi and Mhki aren't up to it and some quality out wide will allow Auba and Laca to concentrate on being forwards rather than having to split to wider areas and be made to put a shift in.

So....Ospina, Elneny, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Ozil, Mhki can all go if possible and promote Nelson, Smith-Rowe and Willock plus add 2x CB, 2 wide players, a back up keeper and a back up forward...flogging that list could raise about £100 maybe...very Ozil dependant though and it seems unlikely he will go anywhere this summer. A decent rebuild could be done with £140M....Especially for the aim of reaching the top 4....obviously to hit the heights of City and Liverpool much more time and investment is needed but if Unai has a good summer, outs the clear deadwood, uses some youth and hits two or three good signings we have a chance of competing for the top four.

Spurs and Chelsea also have massive jobs next season and I can see one of them struggling....along with Man United so it's wide open for me. Spurs and Chelsea both have question marks over the manager, and what with the stadium spend (Spurs) and the transfer ban (Chelsea) it's unlikely they will be able to improve their squads. With Hazard gone and Eriksen looking likely to leave that will hit them hard in terms of creation. Several spurs players have also seemingly got fed up and look ready for a new challenge.

It's not just Arsenal with an uncertain summer ahead lads and it's going to be really interesting. Unai got business done quickly last summer so imexpecting some early movement in terms of transfers.

Two weeks ago it looked hard to get excited after such a poor end to the season and that shocking performance in the final but we all come back and do it again don't we...it's within us and that wont change!! COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!

augie

Post by augie »

More carassco stories

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... urs-Gossip

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 64386.html

£25m ?? NOT GONNA HAPPEN if our budget is only £40m-£50m

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:25 pm
More carassco stories

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... urs-Gossip

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 64386.html

£25m ?? NOT GONNA HAPPEN if our budget is only £40m-£50m
Apparently reported as Fake News..............
as you state, @ 25m it's more than half our budget.
Prolly best to use that to buy out Ozil's contract tbh. (even I lost faith in him now)

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Apparently we are after a season long loan deal with an option to buy, but Chinese club want to sell only

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:09 pm
Apparently we are after a season long loan deal with an option to buy, but Chinese club want to sell only

It's the only way I can see that deal happening unless our budget is bigger than reported, OR we sell one of our existing players for BIG money

augie

Post by augie »

In an ideal world I wouldn't want torreira to go, but if the money on offer was big enough I would absolutely consider it

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... n-reunion/

To be honest, right now in my eyes nearly every player should be available for the right money - there are maybe 3 or 4 players that I wouldn't sell, but the rest are on the market for me

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:00 am
This, for any short arsed lazy mods who don't want to click on links, is a story suggesting that the signing of the Brazilian 17 year old martinelli is supposedly getting close

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/
Whelmed. And gruntled. :roll:

:wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:31 am
Or even worse Kerry Katona in swimwear in the right hand column :banghead: :banghead:
sadly i had to look. :banghead: