Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:16 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm
as lovely as they are I won't be giving wiggy my money for them

I stand to be corrected on this of course, but I would assume that the club gets a set amount in the contract, and only make extra money if the shirt is bought through the club (online or in club shop). IF I am right, buying the shirt from jd sports, or sports direct, or any local sports store, wont net wiggy any extra money and we can feel free to buy as many as we want 8) Of course that is short-term thinking, cos if adidas has record sales of the jersies during this deal, wiggy will demand a bigger contract next time around and that is where he will make his jingles
For me of greater concern is if these shirts sell in record numbers the club and the media gobshites will paint it as the fans being happy with, and supportive of, Wiggy's ownership. :|

Yep I can be a real spoilsport at times. :lol: :wink:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I stand to be corrected on this of course, but I would assume that the club gets a set amount in the contract, and only make extra money if the shirt is bought through the club (online or in club shop). IF I am right, buying the shirt from jd sports, or sports direct, or any local sports store, wont net wiggy any extra money and we can feel free to buy as many as we want 8) Of course that is short-term thinking, cos if adidas has record sales of the jersies during this deal, wiggy will demand a bigger contract next time around and that is where he will make his jingles
So apparently the clubs get a flat annual licensing fee PLUS 10-15% of the profits made in all sales, not just those from the club shop, so boycotting the kit would still fuck Kroenke a little bit.... :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Have to be honest lads, I aint boycotting the home or away kits - they are just too nice

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:02 pm
Have to be honest lads, I aint boycotting the home or away kits - they are just too nice
Full kit wanker? :wink: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:10 pm
augie wrote:

Jersies only 8)

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:14 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
augie wrote:

Jersies only 8)
Old school. Jersies. :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What fucking idiot said the kits wouldn’t launch on July 1st :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:14 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
augie wrote:
Jersies only 8)
Nice that you accept you are still a wànker though..... :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:02 pm
What fucking idiot said the kits wouldn’t launch on July 1st :oops:

I think it was some stupid cùnt...... :rubchin:

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:20 am
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

For me of greater concern is if these shirts sell in record numbers the club and the media gobshites will paint it as the fans being happy with, and supportive of, Wiggy's ownership. :|

Whaddya mean 'at times' !! ??

:-P :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:48 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:20 am
augie wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Whaddya mean 'at times' !! ??

:-P :D :wink:
:lol:

Oh shit I think my wife has hacked OneBard's account! :shock:

:lol: :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

If you don't want to give the money to Stan there is an alternative - looks familiar for some reason...

https://www.englandrugbystore.com/store ... w-training

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:58 am
If you don't want to give the money to Stan there is an alternative - looks familiar for some reason...

Myself and DB10 and all the Irish Gooners are already placing our orders for that as we speak :wink: DB10's love of all things rugby means that he is buying one for all his family 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:36 am
Andrew wrote:

Myself and DB10 and all the Irish Gooners are already placing our orders for that as we speak :wink: DB10's love of all things rugby means that he is buying one for all his family 8)

I have my wife and kids conditioned so well in hatred of the homoerotic "sport" of Fat Bloke Rubbing that if I now went full homo and expressed a love for towel flicking they'd kick the fucking shit out of me. And rightly so too. :D

:wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:36 am
Andrew wrote:

I have my wife and kids conditioned so well in hatred of the homoerotic "sport" of Fat Bloke Rubbing that if I now went full homo and expressed a love for towel flicking they'd kick the fucking shit out of me. And rightly so too. :D

:wink:
But apart from that, you like it, don't you?