ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 am
Morning, hope you're all still miserable sods? Given how the season panned out I'd imagine so.

Anyway, it's that time to start thinking about who might go and where we need to strengthen...it actually feels like a bigger and harder job than last year for Emery. It's a window where he needs to be brave and possible trust some youth going into the new season.

I can't see any big names coming in, maybe a few around the £20m mark like we got with Torreira and Sokratis, if he manages to find two that are decent like they are then that won't be a bad start will it?

So who's out...We already know Welbeck, Ramsey, Lichtsteiner and Cech are out. A back up right back would be a nice addition although with Bellerin coming back and Maitland Niles an able back up it probably won't be the priority.

I really hope he throws 3 or 4 of the young lads in and gives them a proper go because they look on the cusp of being ready to kick on. Niles, Nelson, Smith-Rowe and Willock I can see making some impact and being hungry to push for a place in the 16.

Who could we get rid of? Ospina will go surely? Chambers too I'd imagine and he's someone we could get a bit of money for...maybe £15M...Mustafi clearly hasn't improved and if we could get a similar fee for him then I'd out him too. Holding to come back in is a positive but with Koscielny and Monreal seemingly on the way out then I'd say at least two more defenders are needed. Torreira, Guendouzi and Xhaka id be happy to see stay in the midfield but with Ramsey going a really good player to add in there is vital...Willock may step up but I feel that's a position we need someone...especially with Ozil so hit and miss. If someone we could ship Ozil off to China it must be done. Then reinvest in some quality in the wide areas as we are desperate for quality there. Iwobi and Mhki aren't up to it and some quality out wide will allow Auba and Laca to concentrate on being forwards rather than having to split to wider areas and be made to put a shift in.

So....Ospina, Elneny, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal, Ozil, Mhki can all go if possible and promote Nelson, Smith-Rowe and Willock plus add 2x CB, 2 wide players, a back up keeper and a back up forward...flogging that list could raise about £100 maybe...very Ozil dependant though and it seems unlikely he will go anywhere this summer. A decent rebuild could be done with £140M....Especially for the aim of reaching the top 4....obviously to hit the heights of City and Liverpool much more time and investment is needed but if Unai has a good summer, outs the clear deadwood, uses some youth and hits two or three good signings we have a chance of competing for the top four.

Spurs and Chelsea also have massive jobs next season and I can see one of them struggling....along with Man United so it's wide open for me. Spurs and Chelsea both have question marks over the manager, and what with the stadium spend (Spurs) and the transfer ban (Chelsea) it's unlikely they will be able to improve their squads. With Hazard gone and Eriksen looking likely to leave that will hit them hard in terms of creation. Several spurs players have also seemingly got fed up and look ready for a new challenge.

It's not just Arsenal with an uncertain summer ahead lads and it's going to be really interesting. Unai got business done quickly last summer so imexpecting some early movement in terms of transfers.

Two weeks ago it looked hard to get excited after such a poor end to the season and that shocking performance in the final but we all come back and do it again don't we...it's within us and that wont change!! COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!
Sorry, who were you again.....? Were you Spuddy's alter-ego or REB's?

:mrgreen: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:00 am
This, for any short arsed lazy mods who don't want to click on links, is a story suggesting that the signing of the Brazilian 17 year old martinelli is supposedly getting close

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -transfer/
Whelmed. And gruntled. :roll:

:wink:

:roll: :?

Yessss but getting 'close' to what!!???

:-P :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I mean here is a 17yr old Brazilian

:D

Midz

Post by Midz »

Dalian Yifang demand £25m for Arsenal transfer target Yannick Carrasco
So what!! Tell them to go fuck themselves. I don't even know who he is or if he's in the least bit good.
If they only want a definite sale then it sounds like they're desperate to get rid, so fuck 'em.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I absolutely hate the way the club deal with transfers, and have done for the last 10 years, so not all stan's fault. We've missed out on players like Hazard, Mata, L Suarez and Verthonghan because they tried to be miserly and clever. It's a bloody embarrassment. Either buy the player or don't make a bid in the first place. We piss about over £2-3m difference in valuation when we just been given £142m from the PL fund alone. The club behave like complete amateurs in the business world. Trigger from Only fools and horses get a deal done quicker Infuriating :banghead: :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Midz wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:57 pm
So what!! Tell them to go fuck themselves. I don't even know who he is or if he's in the least bit good.
If they only want a definite sale then it sounds like they're desperate to get rid, so fuck 'em.
Solanke cost bournemoth £20m. Carrasco is a international standard winger, £25m is a very good price, especially if you consider we paid £30m for Mustafi. We'd sell him in 2 years for double that value.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 am
Midz wrote:
Solanke cost bournemoth £20m. Carrasco is a international standard winger, £25m is a very good price, especially if you consider we paid £30m for Mustafi. We'd sell him in 2 years for double that value.
I think there is a danger in setting the bar at "well Mustafalaugh cost 30million so we should pay over the top for every player". Mustafalaugh not only should not have been signed for 30m he should not have been signed period. It was typical of the Wenger / Lizard mismanagement of the club and squad.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:58 am
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:24 am
Midz wrote:
I think there is a danger in setting the bar at "well Mustafalaugh cost 30million so we should pay over the top for every player". Mustafalaugh not only should not have been signed for 30m he should not have been signed period. It was typical of the Wenger / Lizard mismanagement of the club and squad.
Reports that Bayern are now interested, inevitable with these drawn out negotiations

augie

Post by augie »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-16510166

More than likely another "lost in translation" story :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

I love the way they say that talks are progressing well, but then also say that his current employers are insisting that he be loaned back to them next year and that AFC wont agree to that - how can talks be going well if the clubs are disagreeing over the fundamental part of this deal ? :roll:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... r-16510134

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:01 am

probably... but, after a decent start, he was shite as the season went on so you never know.

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 am
augie wrote:

probably... but, after a decent start, he was shite as the season went on so you never know.

Maybe - I was putting it down to exhaustion after the world cup and coming into a more physically demanding league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Saliba????

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am
phpBB [video]

Saliba????
surely chambers is worth more than 12.5

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:34 am
g88ner wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:28 am
augie wrote:

Maybe - I was putting it down to exhaustion after the world cup and coming into a more physically demanding league.
Not forgetting 'leetle bit jaded'. :D