ST Renewals 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: ST Renewals 2019/20

Post by Herd »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:29 pm
Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:02 pm
My Pals decided they wanted to renew so I have but I wont be going many games ,last year it was 3 . And I can get tickets for any game !
What is the point of that?. :roll:
They pay for them they use them ,one day Arsenal might be worth watching again but as im 61 now that might not be whilst im still on this earth !
If people don't renew they will simply sell tickets to tourists so the club wont suffer !

Clash

Post by Clash »

Herd wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:
My Pals decided they wanted to renew so I have but I wont be going many games ,last year it was 3 . And I can get tickets for any game !
They pay for them they use them ,one day Arsenal might be worth watching again but as im 61 now that might not be whilst im still on this earth !
If people don't renew they will simply sell tickets to tourists so the club wont suffer !
Yeah I agree with this. I renewed despite all the reasons not to. My dad wanted to get to make 60 years of going which he will this season. That's his main reason so I and a couple of others decided to do the same.

I will put most games on exchange but I was glad to have the option of going again last year, having given my ST up for the previous couple of seasons. I really enjoyed a few of the games too.

I completely understand all the criticism of people renewing but it doesn't punish the club if you don't as they would probably prefer to sell to tourists. We need more real fans inside the ground, not less. That's why the protest against Wenger mainly took place outside of the Emirates.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 am
Herd wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:
Yeah I agree with this. I renewed despite all the reasons not to. My dad wanted to get to make 60 years of going which he will this season. That's his main reason so I and a couple of others decided to do the same.

I will put most games on exchange but I was glad to have the option of going again last year, having given my ST up for the previous couple of seasons. I really enjoyed a few of the games too.

I completely understand all the criticism of people renewing but it doesn't punish the club if you don't as they would probably prefer to sell to tourists. We need more real fans inside the ground, not less. That's why the protest against Wenger mainly took place outside of the Emirates.

Well said. And there's the rub.

I won't have a go at anyone who chooses not to go but the only way to try and improve things inside the bowl is by getting real fans in there and diluting and ultimately getting rid of the tourists, Tarquins, beardy hipster cu.nts and JCLs (did I miss anybody?). This last season definitely saw a drop in the tourist numbers inside the ground and this trend will only increase as we become less of an attraction. The tourists will likely want to go to the new toilet bowl up the road (well until they have to get there anyway) so that will help. But we need those seats taken by the right type.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:58 pm
Clash wrote:
Herd wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:

I won't have a go at anyone who chooses not to go but the only way to try and improve things inside the bowl is by getting real fans in there and diluting and ultimately getting rid of the tourists, Tarquins, beardy hipster cu.nts and JCLs (did I miss anybody?). This last season definitely saw a drop in the tourist numbers inside the ground and this trend will only increase as we become less of an attraction. The tourists will likely want to go to the new toilet bowl up the road (well until they have to get there anyway) so that will help. But we need those seats taken by the right type.
Good point mate. Getting shot of the types of fans the Wenger reign attracted might even mean something positive can come from spending a few years not in being in contention for anything.

I know we weren't competing seriously under Wenger for the last decade but him being manager meant there was still that association with his successful Arsenal teams. And we know there were too many that were more supportive of him than the club.

If we struggle but Wenger isnt at the helm then (hopefully) the type of supporter most of us would prefer not to have around will go elsewhere. Or we just wont attract any new ones.

Not sure where that would leave us but it is clutching at straws day :D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:27 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:58 pm
Clash wrote:
Herd wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Good point mate. Getting shot of the types of fans the Wenger reign attracted might even mean something positive can come from spending a few years not in being in contention for anything.

I know we weren't competing seriously under Wenger for the last decade but him being manager meant there was still that association with his successful Arsenal teams. And we know there were too many that were more supportive of him than the club.

If we struggle but Wenger isnt at the helm then (hopefully) the type of supporter most of us would prefer not to have around will go elsewhere. Or we just wont attract any new ones.

Not sure where that would leave us but it is clutching at straws day :D

Well here's hoping.....and straws are about all we can afford these days so that seems rather apt.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Well here's hoping.....and straws are about all we can afford these days so that seems rather apt.
Doesn't really make sense, tourists are dropping like flies but our fan base is probably declining and the motivation of existing fans is at an all time low, the stadium will just get emptier unless they start slashing prices, but even then without being a competitive club and with a bored, shrinking fan base even that may not make much impact.

Up to you and whoever else if they want to waste their time and money on a corporation that is taking the p!ss, personally I'd rather set fire to my cash than give it to KSE, they (he) have ruined Arsenal FC simple as that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Herd wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:

That's a fantastic reason to renew mate and I applaud you for it. 8)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Doesn't really make sense, tourists are dropping like flies but our fan base is probably declining and the motivation of existing fans is at an all time low, the stadium will just get emptier unless they start slashing prices, but even then without being a competitive club and with a bored, shrinking fan base even that may not make much impact.

Up to you and whoever else if they want to waste their time and money on a corporation that is taking the p!ss, personally I'd rather set fire to my cash than give it to KSE, they (he) have ruined Arsenal FC simple as that.

I really hope you are right and that it happens asap although we've discussed before that it will probably take 2 - 3 years. It will be interesting to find out how far into the waiting list the club have to go this year to shift any surplus STs. Last year renewals were at an all high time due to the departure of the TOF and most reasonable people will afford Dick another season before the gangplank is run out. I will retain my ST ( I bought my first ST in 1984 so after 35 years it's not something that I'm going to jack in now). I can guarantee that my seat will be empty when an opportunity to get at wiggy arises and therefore the club cannot sell it. I've watched shit Arsenals and I've watched shit hot Arsenals too and I'd simply rather watch a shit Arsenal than go shopping with the missus on a wet rainy Saturday (sometimes) afternoon.

KSE has contributed to the decline of the club and we will have to let that play out for a couple of seasons until his investment declines to the point where hopefully he fucks off. The good thing is that as a club we would bounce back very quickly under a new owner so we shouldn't have much trouble attracting the right sort of owner. It's just a bit of a waiting game for just now which of course is frustrating for all.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Fucks sake.
Herd is 61 ?
:shock:

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am
Fucks sake.
Herd is 61 ?

It's just a number. I'm 78 on a Sunday morning after playing footy on the Saturday. Then I'm 15 whilst watching South Park. Just numbers bro. :lol: :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:20 pm
The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am
Fucks sake.
Herd is 61 ?

It's just a number. I'm 78 on a Sunday morning after playing footy on the Saturday. Then I'm 15 whilst watching South Park. Just numbers bro. :lol: :wink:

Well let's hope that you don't hang around outside school after watching southpark :shock: :lol:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

I have been a season ticket holder for 31 years now ( GGs first season in charge) and I was very close to giving it up a couple of years ago as I was so disillusioned but I now have a new lease of live and keen to see how this project works out. yes we still have Kronke but still feel with some clever buying we can make progress even if that means a new manager replaces emery .
I'm intrigued how we progress from here despite the obstacles in our way , if Wenger was still here and signed a new deal I would have walked now, Emery has done ok in his first season , he deserves a second one to see how he progresses as he was dealt such a bad hand , it's going to take a few deals t put it right.
Youth is the way to go for me , nothing to lose here and get rid of the obvious suspects, we need the real fans still going or this club will die and my whole family through generations has been going through thick and thin since the 1940s/

My Uncle died of cancer a couple of weeks ago and he is the reason we are all arsenal and all wore red at the funeral and I intend to keep that going whatever Muppets are running the club .

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

gooner265 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm
I have been a season ticket holder for 31 years now ( GGs first season in charge) and I was very close to giving it up a couple of years ago as I was so disillusioned but I now have a new lease of live and keen to see how this project works out. yes we still have Kronke but still feel with some clever buying we can make progress even if that means a new manager replaces emery .
I'm intrigued how we progress from here despite the obstacles in our way , if Wenger was still here and signed a new deal I would have walked now, Emery has done ok in his first season , he deserves a second one to see how he progresses as he was dealt such a bad hand , it's going to take a few deals t put it right.
Youth is the way to go for me , nothing to lose here and get rid of the obvious suspects, we need the real fans still going or this club will die and my whole family through generations has been going through thick and thin since the 1940s/

My Uncle died of cancer a couple of weeks ago and he is the reason we are all arsenal and all wore red at the funeral and I intend to keep that going whatever Muppets are running the club .
Sorry to hear about your uncle mate, hope you are okay, the only thing left about “our Arsenal” is the original fans.....getting fewer by the season.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Herd wrote:
I am sure that Stan will appreciate your little donation towards his ranch :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:43 am
Herd wrote:
I am sure that Stan will appreciate your little donation towards his ranch :lol:
Please restrict your trolling to one thread please Rob ,I doubt if my season tickets would amount to the cost of Baliffs to remove people from their life long homes that stan kick them out of in texas !