Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
The Arsenal Way

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by The Arsenal Way »

I attended the Perth Glory v Sydney FC Grand Final a few weeks back. Perth at home at the souless Optus Stadium.
It ended 0-0, and Perth lost on pens. Fucking 2 hours of my life wasted, and my first footy game since Paris '06. :shock:
Sydney brought over about 700-800 'supporters' and they made a fair noise.

A phone in on the radio today was about the atmosphere, and it very quickly focused on the negativity of the home supporters booing Sydney whenever a player touched the ball. :shock: :banghead:
One woman (dunno why a woman attends footy tbh), was aghast that a man sitting behind her and family of 3 children, started swearing and shouting abuse. "It ruined the whole experience for us, and we won't be returning." Must admit that he was a bit of a prat though.
Another bloke asked why, when the opposing keeper took a goal kick, the supporters shouted out in unison, "oooooooooooeeeeee shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt aaaaaahhhhhhhh, you fat bastard, you fat bastard, you fat bastard?"

The response from the bloke answering these questions?
"Why didn't you text or ask a steward for the offender to be removed."

Footy here is fucking dire at the best of times. Take away our right to be passionate about it, and you have Wimmins footy.

cants

augie

Post by augie »

As expected, the whole sexism argument only works one way and only counts if a woman feels entitled :roll: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9265786/ ... world-cup/

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

The Arsenal Way wrote: I attended the Perth Glory v Sydney FC Grand Final a few weeks back. Perth at home at the souless Optus Stadium.
It ended 0-0, and Perth lost on pens. Fucking 2 hours of my life wasted, and my first footy game since Paris '06. :shock:
Sydney brought over about 700-800 'supporters' and they made a fair noise.

A phone in on the radio today was about the atmosphere, and it very quickly focused on the negativity of the home supporters booing Sydney whenever a player touched the ball. :shock: :banghead:
One woman (dunno why a woman attends footy tbh), was aghast that a man sitting behind her and family of 3 children, started swearing and shouting abuse. "It ruined the whole experience for us, and we won't be returning." Must admit that he was a bit of a prat though.
Another bloke asked why, when the opposing keeper took a goal kick, the supporters shouted out in unison, "oooooooooooeeeeee shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttt aaaaaahhhhhhhh, you fat bastard, you fat bastard, you fat bastard?"

The response from the bloke answering these questions?
"Why didn't you text or ask a steward for the offender to be removed."

Footy here is fucking dire at the best of times. Take away our right to be passionate about it, and you have Wimmins footy.

cants
Not sure of the demographic of football watchers in Aus but you should hear the language at the cricket over there and no one gives a shit :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:42 pm
As expected, the whole sexism argument only works one way and only counts if a woman feels entitled :roll: :censored:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9265786/ ... world-cup/
Jesus if Alex Fucking cliché Scott is anything to go by then that must have made for some painful listening..... :|

"Squawk squawk 110 percent squawk down the channels squawk wing backs squawk screech!"

:roll: :censored:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Male pundits have been speaking bollocks for years , it goes back to Keyes and Gray on Sky .
I was on holiday last week and there they were on Bein Sports and the first thing they did was draw an offside line and say . " Really really poor he should be able to see all the way over from there.
I just smiled sardonically and went back to my beer.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:52 am
PSG owners are looking to buy Leeds Utd.

we are truly fucked

The more the merrier I say 8) In reality what we are looking at for the immediate future is what we have now ........ more under-investment and more stagnation/decline with this current owner. The only way that changes is if his "investment" starts to quickly nosedive in value as more clubs like the geordies and dirty leeds overtake us, and he wont want to lose money that's for sure :roll: He will then be backed into a corner ...... either invest properly (unlikely) or sell up to someone else. You would like to think that anyone interested in buying the club will be aware that they would need to invest to make the club valuable again, but who knows

This is the only realistic way forward for us but how long will it take for the value of his investment to fall sufficiently enough to actually upset him. Forbes valued at us at £1.8bn recently which is pretty much inline with what wiggy paid usmanov for his 30%. Bearing in mind that Wiggy has had to pay about £1bn to hoover up all the shares then unfortunately he has a fair bit to play with.

His equity stake in the LA Rams new complex is reported to be about £1bn of a £5bn spend so you have to wonder if we are now being used in that finance package which he could easily restructure if he wanted to. I reckon we've got at least another 2 - 3 seasons of this bollox before the whole mess finally blows up. In the same way as the best players eventually fucked off under TOF, the likes of Laca, Auba and Bellend will likely consider any offers that come in for them and head out the door. I think it's realistic to assume that if any cash comes in will not all be re-invested in the team. How long before the top 6 become the top 5.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 am
This is the only realistic way forward for us but how long will it take for the value of his investment to fall sufficiently enough to actually upset him. Forbes valued at us at £1.8bn recently which is pretty much inline with what wiggy paid usmanov for his 30%. Bearing in mind that Wiggy has had to pay about £1bn to hoover up all the shares then unfortunately he has a fair bit to play with.

His equity stake in the LA Rams new complex is reported to be about £1bn of a £5bn spend so you have to wonder if we are now being used in that finance package which he could easily restructure if he wanted to. I reckon we've got at least another 2 - 3 seasons of this bollox before the whole mess finally blows up. In the same way as the best players eventually fucked off under TOF, the likes of Laca, Auba and Bellend will likely consider any offers that come in for them and head out the door. I think it's realistic to assume that if any cash comes in will not all be re-invested in the team. How long before the top 6 become the top 5.
If United get their act together then it could happen next season but I'm not sure they will (yet), you're probably right - about 2 or 3 seasons before we are truly established as 'midtable' fodder, in some respects it would be better if United did sort themselves out and Chavski didn't have a transfer ban because the sooner we drop in to the abyss the more likely it is wiggy's asset will devalue.

I'm not actually sure he's smart enough to care though, he'll probably just think oh well he still owns a historic (very 'historic' in terms of success by now!) club with a high value 'property' in a good part of London and just sit on it whilst we fester in midtable - that is the nightmare scenario that is a distinct possibility.

Basically we'll become like a Newcastle or Everton type club - seen as a biggish club but never taken seriously and unlikely to win more than the odd domestic cup.

"death by a thousand cuts" - the KSE way.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:48 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:26 am

If United get their act together then it could happen next season but I'm not sure they will (yet), you're probably right - about 2 or 3 seasons before we are truly established as 'midtable' fodder, in some respects it would be better if United did sort themselves out and Chavski didn't have a transfer ban because the sooner we drop in to the abyss the more likely it is wiggy's asset will devalue.

I'm not actually sure he's smart enough to care though, he'll probably just think oh well he still owns a historic (very 'historic' in terms of success by now!) club with a high value 'property' in a good part of London and just sit on it whilst we fester in midtable - that is the nightmare scenario that is a distinct possibility.

Basically we'll become like a Newcastle or Everton type club - seen as a biggish club but never taken seriously and unlikely to win more than the odd domestic cup.

"death by a thousand cuts" - the KSE way.

With only 3 players left who would command a transfer fee of note and the highly impressive end of season collapse, I can't help but think we are pretty much already there :(

augie

Post by augie »

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:01 pm
No words are needed

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... hion-week/

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Plenty of words there, however:
"Y'all can say whatever you want about Bellerin but this man is bringing something that hasn't been seen that much or even accepted by most of the male football community and changing the norm and crushing stigmas."

When he's finished doing that can he please just play football?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
No words are needed

:oops: :roll:

If I absolutely positively could only use one single word to describe Bellend it would be.....

:rubchin:

"Arsehole".

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 am
augie wrote:
No words are needed

:oops: :roll:

If I absolutely positively could only use one single word to describe Bellend it would be.....

:rubchin:

"Arsehole".

When we were being linked with the right back from psg I couldn't understand why - I know bellend isn't going to be fit for the start of the season and may miss the first month or two, but does it make sense to blow that much money on a second right back when there are so many positions that we don't even have 1 player good enough (left full for starters) ? There was/is a part of me wondering if muenier is seen as a replacement for bellend - on some level it would make sense cos muenier was costing between £20m-£30m, and I would think that we would get more from bellend given his age and barca's need for a right back, so if that panned out we would be increasing our transfer budget with shrewd moves by those involved. Of course that plan falls apart cos bellend wont be ready for start of season, and no club is gonna buy him crocked especially coming off a serious knee injury.

Have to admit that my contempt for this guy is fast approaching the level I have for lard arse iwobi and mustafi, and is already on the same level as el ninny, mikki and ozil :evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bellend is the first of our (three) big assets that I would sell to raise funds. In this market we could definitely screw Barca for £50M maybe more for him......even if we sold him at xmas after he comes back.

Meunier is in quotes in the papers saying that he wants to stay in Paris though.......but we can still sell Bellend :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I believe Bellend's knee injury isn't even football related ffs. :roll:

Apparently strutting about like a fucking peacock dressed as a tart plays havoc with the knees.

:D

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 pm
I believe Bellend's knee injury isn't even football related ffs. :roll:

Apparently strutting about like a fucking peacock dressed as a tart plays havoc with the knees.

:D
:lol:

Does it :wink: