ST Renewals 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: ST Renewals 2019/20

Post by sk-gtfo »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:32 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:43 am
Herd wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:02 pm
My Pals decided they wanted to renew so I have but I wont be going many games ,last year it was 3 . And I can get tickets for any game !
I am sure that Stan will appreciate your little donation towards his ranch :lol:
Please restrict your trolling to one thread please Rob ,I doubt if my season tickets would amount to the cost of Baliffs to remove people from their life long homes that stan kick them out of in texas !
Point remains, as little you think it might be, actually over a grand is a lot to some people!, you are giving KSE your money. The truth is the truth.

:roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:23 pm
Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:
My Pals decided they wanted to renew so I have but I wont be going many games ,last year it was 3 . And I can get tickets for any game !
I am sure that Stan will appreciate your little donation towards his ranch :lol:
Please restrict your trolling to one thread please Rob ,I doubt if my season tickets would amount to the cost of Baliffs to remove people from their life long homes that stan kick them out of in texas !
Point remains, as little you think it might be, actually over a grand is a lot to some people!, you are giving KSE your money. The truth is the truth.

and this IS the point - the business model at Arsenal is based on enough people paying their season tickets up front.
if people didn't do this then it would soon collapse and Kroenke would probably pack up and go.

too many people at Arsenal maintain their season tickets just because....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Jesus Christ it's like a broken fucking record. Some of us are lucky enough to live near the Arsenal and have for years and years and years gone to the Arsenal on a Saturday.

We support the club, we may not like the owner but sitting on the sidelines moaning about wiggy isn't going to change a thing and yes that's a pisser BUT not renewing my ST when I've been going for 40 odd years isn't really very likely to happen. There are quite a few of us who fall into that category over the Arsenal so if you want to change things so badly get your arse into the ground or start a protest or DO something or if not maybe just give it a break for a bit.

When I started going at the start of the 80s we were often terrible and titles were something that other teams did. But once you started going you were soon hooked by the buzz of Highbury on a Saturday afternoon. When we started winning things it was great and it's disappointing that we have dropped off to the degree that we have and we all know who is to blame for that. But I never went to the football expecting to win trophies they are just a bonus when they come along, they're not a god given right. The Adidas ad has given me a real buzz today and I can't wait to see who we play over at Boreham Wood tomorrow week cos it's the Arsenal, that's my club, it's a lifelong addiction so that's that. You don't want to buy a ST or give your money to the club - fine, no problem but if you don't understand that some of us will buy a ST come what may then you're maybe missing the point.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:12 am
Jesus Christ it's like a broken fucking record. Some of us are lucky enough to live near the Arsenal and have for years and years and years gone to the Arsenal on a Saturday.

We support the club, we may not like the owner but sitting on the sidelines moaning about wiggy isn't going to change a thing and yes that's a pisser BUT not renewing my ST when I've been going for 40 odd years isn't really very likely to happen. There are quite a few of us who fall into that category over the Arsenal so if you want to change things so badly get your arse into the ground or start a protest or DO something or if not maybe just give it a break for a bit.

When I started going at the start of the 80s we were often terrible and titles were something that other teams did. But once you started going you were soon hooked by the buzz of Highbury on a Saturday afternoon. When we started winning things it was great and it's disappointing that we have dropped off to the degree that we have and we all know who is to blame for that. But I never went to the football expecting to win trophies they are just a bonus when they come along, they're not a god given right. The Adidas ad has given me a real buzz today and I can't wait to see who we play over at Boreham Wood tomorrow week cos it's the Arsenal, that's my club, it's a lifelong addiction so that's that. You don't want to buy a ST or give your money to the club - fine, no problem but if you don't understand that some of us will buy a ST come what may then you're maybe missing the point.
Good post Jock,I agree with nearly all of it :shock: :D

I

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:49 am

That's a fantastic reason to renew mate and I applaud you for it. 8)
Thanks very much mate :)

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:33 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
Herd wrote:

and this IS the point - the business model at Arsenal is based on enough people paying their season tickets up front.
if people didn't do this then it would soon collapse and Kroenke would probably pack up and go.

I know you have consistently said this Rob and fair enough … but were you not also someone who at the same time as criticising ST holders regularly accepted ‘freebies’’ to attend games? The fact that you didn’t pay for the ticket doesn’t matter because someone did and you filled the seat. It was the empty seats that got Wenger out in the end so everyone accepting freebies arguably did as much harm as ST holders.

Not meaning to dig you out … I’m just pointing out that if you scrutinise it properly then we’ve probably all been guilty (for want of a better word) in some way or another of supporting a vile regime. Even those who gave up tickets and didn’t attend anymore … because that meant there were less true fans inside the ground at the time we needed our real fans to be seen and heard.

Jock Gooner wrote:

Great post Jock! All of that rings so true for me.

I understand all the arguments of not renewing like I am sure you do. But on the reverse side we still get in return for our money the chance to watch Arsenal play live ... and everything that still goes with going to football rather than watching it on TV or in the pub,. Yes it’s too expensive and yes we are getting ripped off but it’s a passion (as you rightly said) and passions and lifelong habits are often irrational.

The same argument against people renewing ST’s for the greater good can be applied to so many other things that we all do too. Personally I would argue that everyone who turns up at a ballot box is really just giving credibility and validation to an outdated and rigged system. And if we all stopped paying our BBC license fee, or any form of compulsory tax until we had more control over how the money was used, then things would surely improve. Not trying to sound like an anarchist but they cannot lock us all up if we choose not to play their game anymore can they? :wink:

We could go on forever with the examples of the masses who hold the power giving their power away … but unfortunately that’s system of the world we were born into and football has gone down this route after we had already got hooked on it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:

Yes agree Good post...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:

Great post. I've paid a fortune over the years to watch worse Arsenal teams than this one. My love of The Arsenal outweighs my hatred of Wiggy.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Point remains you give money to wiggy by buying a ST, you can dress it up in a million different ways to suit your own agenda, the truth is the truth, I am not questioning anyones love for Arsenal, it is just that love for the club is actually doing damage. Tourists will NOT fill the stadium to watch a midtable Arsenal playing Eastern Euopean teams in the Europa league (if we're lucky!), this keeps coming up as an excuse but how do you know?, unless you stop buying tickets and find out?!?!. :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:22 pm
Point remains you give money to wiggy by buying a ST, you can dress it up in a million different ways to suit your own agenda, the truth is the truth, I am not questioning anyones love for Arsenal, it is just that love for the club is actually doing damage. Tourists will NOT fill the stadium to watch a midtable Arsenal playing Eastern Euopean teams in the Europa league (if we're lucky!), this keeps coming up as an excuse but how do you know?, unless you stop buying tickets and find out?!?!. :roll:
Mate, yes I give money to wiggy through a ST. I have given money to wiggy for years and to various other shareholders/owners before him. Anyone who buys a ticket for a game, buys the new kit, a beer at the ground etc etc. We have discussed this before and while I agree that wiggy is a parastitic piece of shit I am also of the view that up until probably about now he has been guilty of simply being clueless. Unfortunately being clueless allowed TOF to piss all our money away. He trusted TOF and has found out that he was actually very badly wrong to do so.

After the purchase of Auba, we should be sitting on a pile of cash in the region of £100M had the transfers of Sanchez, Ramsey, Wilshire and others been handled correctly. Instead we've got Micky T. Then in addition to that Dick would be getting the £45M summer warchest which would give us the guts of £150M to spend on players. It's academic but if wiggy had withheld any of that money then game on but in fairness he hasn't really done that so far or ripped the piss taking money out of the club against a spend of 1bn to purchase it.

Wiggy has been a twat but up until now (it would seem) he hasn't stood in the way of the purchase of players. Chairmen aren't supposed to know anything about football and wiggy fits the bill in that regard. So I don't like wiggy but I blame TOF far more for where we are now financially. We are about to find out whether the wigster is prepared to bend the rules of our self sustaining model if the rumours about Zaha are true. I'd like to think that by now wiggy has worked out that he fuc.ked up big time by letting TOF hold the purse strings and Dick certainly has worked it out.

The question is whether Dick is now, while imploring the Board to sign Zaha, dropping veiled threats that he might as well fuck off after year 2 if he isn't given money to build a team. That might just persuade wiggy that getting down to the bank to arrange an o/d for a player or two might be worth the investment now if he has any hopes of getting back into the CL moneygoround. Otherwise we are at that defining moment that we have all spoken about when we start to lose even more ground to the top 4 or 5 and genuinely have to look over our shoulders at Wolves, Watford and Everton.

That's my own take on how this shitfest has all worked itself out so for me this season is a no brainer. Where we eventually find ourselves next year might have me thinking a bit more about how I feel about coughing up for a ST.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:35 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Mate, yes I give money to wiggy through a ST. I have given money to wiggy for years and to various other shareholders/owners before him. Anyone who buys a ticket for a game, buys the new kit, a beer at the ground etc etc. We have discussed this before and while I agree that wiggy is a parastitic piece of shit I am also of the view that up until probably about now he has been guilty of simply being clueless. Unfortunately being clueless allowed TOF to piss all our money away. He trusted TOF and has found out that he was actually very badly wrong to do so.

After the purchase of Auba, we should be sitting on a pile of cash in the region of £100M had the transfers of Sanchez, Ramsey, Wilshire and others been handled correctly. Instead we've got Micky T. Then in addition to that Dick would be getting the £45M summer warchest which would give us the guts of £150M to spend on players. It's academic but if wiggy had withheld any of that money then game on but in fairness he hasn't really done that so far or ripped the piss taking money out of the club against a spend of 1bn to purchase it.

Wiggy has been a twat but up until now (it would seem) he hasn't stood in the way of the purchase of players. Chairmen aren't supposed to know anything about football and wiggy fits the bill in that regard. So I don't like wiggy but I blame TOF far more for where we are now financially. We are about to find out whether the wigster is prepared to bend the rules of our self sustaining model if the rumours about Zaha are true. I'd like to think that by now wiggy has worked out that he fuc.ked up big time by letting TOF hold the purse strings and Dick certainly has worked it out.

The question is whether Dick is now, while imploring the Board to sign Zaha, dropping veiled threats that he might as well fuck off after year 2 if he isn't given money to build a team. That might just persuade wiggy that getting down to the bank to arrange an o/d for a player or two might be worth the investment now if he has any hopes of getting back into the CL moneygoround. Otherwise we are at that defining moment that we have all spoken about when we start to lose even more ground to the top 4 or 5 and genuinely have to look over our shoulders at Wolves, Watford and Everton.

That's my own take on how this shitfest has all worked itself out so for me this season is a no brainer. Where we eventually find ourselves next year might have me thinking a bit more about how I feel about coughing up for a ST.
Buying players hasn’t been too much of an issue .....up to now perhaps

We have purchased Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette, all circa £50m
Mustaphi. Xhaka have cost circa £35m (amazingly)

Wiggly has allowed money to be spent (or squandered in some cases)

Where we have massively fallen down is getting market value for our players, due to the excessive wages gifted to them by you know who...

Not getting fee’s for Sanchez and Ramsey was criminal, and Ozil wage hike was mismanagement of the highest level.

Bellerin remains about the only player brought through who we could sell for big profit, maybe Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka will go on to become top level players and be either in our first team for years or sold for huge dosh but it will be a few years till we find out.

Yes Wiggy, is an issue, maybe a big one, but he was not making the contract decisions that look like they have crippled us

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:52 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:35 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

Buying players hasn’t been too much of an issue .....up to now perhaps

We have purchased Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette, all circa £50m
Mustaphi. Xhaka have cost circa £35m (amazingly)

Wiggly has allowed money to be spent (or squandered in some cases)

Where we have massively fallen down is getting market value for our players, due to the excessive wages gifted to them by you know who...

Not getting fee’s for Sanchez and Ramsey was criminal, and Ozil wage hike was mismanagement of the highest level.

Bellerin remains about the only player brought through who we could sell for big profit, maybe Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saka will go on to become top level players and be either in our first team for years or sold for huge dosh but it will be a few years till we find out.

Yes Wiggy, is an issue, maybe a big one, but he was not making the contract decisions that look like they have crippled us
I've never agreed that Wenger was the biggest problem because Wenger was employed by Wiggy. Wiggy is the owner. The boss. He had the power to end Wenger's huge mismanagement of the squad and wider club. Wiggy's biggest failing was not sacking Wenger as soon as he had full control. He enabled Wenger, empowered him either by stupidity, laziness or neglect. For me Wenger was the symptom but Wiggy was, and is, the disease.

That does not excuse Wenger for the shitfest he created and left behind but the worse cùnt is the cùnt that empowered him.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clash wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

I know you have consistently said this Rob and fair enough … but were you not also someone who at the same time as criticising ST holders regularly accepted ‘freebies’’ to attend games? The fact that you didn’t pay for the ticket doesn’t matter because someone did and you filled the seat. It was the empty seats that got Wenger out in the end so everyone accepting freebies arguably did as much harm as ST holders.

Not meaning to dig you out … I’m just pointing out that if you scrutinise it properly then we’ve probably all been guilty (for want of a better word) in some way or another of supporting a vile regime. Even those who gave up tickets and didn’t attend anymore … because that meant there were less true fans inside the ground at the time we needed our real fans to be seen and heard.
no not me, I have never accepted a "freebie" to attend any Arsenal game.
I hold my hands up though and say that I did attend some games last season. There is a difference between attending a few games and paying £1K + a season in advance for a ticket though.
My point has always been that Arsenal is now a business. The business model is that it sells enough season tickets each season, and then it can therefore justify not spending any money on players because the "customers" are obviously satisfied. Season ticket holders ultimately kept Wenger in his job all those years, despite some of them being his greatest critics.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 am
Clash wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Herd wrote:

no not me, I have never accepted a "freebie" to attend any Arsenal game.
I hold my hands up though and say that I did attend some games last season. There is a difference between attending a few games and paying £1K + a season in advance for a ticket though.
My point has always been that Arsenal is now a business. The business model is that it sells enough season tickets each season, and then it can therefore justify not spending any money on players because the "customers" are obviously satisfied. Season ticket holders ultimately kept Wenger in his job all those years, despite some of them being his greatest critics.
Oh well Rob,at least the season ticket holders went to Wembley 10 times in 4 yrs and with 3 fa cup wins included :barscarf: it could be worse you could be a seasdon ticket holder at one of the 95 % of English football clubs that win fuck all

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

well if you are happy with the way things are that's fair enough.