Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:46 pm
Slightly off topic but as there are kits in the picture and I’m bored I said fuck it, here’s my desk at work in all its current glory -

(Obviously fuck all work gets done here) but it’s still a nice little set up even if I do say so myself.

Which one is Sanogoals? :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I melted Sanogo down, ate the solution and shat him out as a sign of my complete contempt for the bastard 8)

Bonus point for anyone who can name the player on the extreme left. Have that since I was a young lad - but the likeness ain’t bang on I’ll freely admit :wink:
Last edited by rodders999 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:10 pm
I melted Sanogo down, ate the solution and shat him out as a sign of my complete contempt for the bastard 8)

Bonus point for anyone who can name the player on the extreme left. Have that since I was a young lad - the likeness ain’t bang on I’ll admit :wink:
Viv Anderson :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

:lol:

It probably does look more like Viv than who it’s meant to be in fairness.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Ok, I'll go for TA.....based on the class of other figures you have on display, I don't think the fact that the figure is a dead ringer for Colin Hill is going to matter.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Red and white home, yellow and blue away. About fucking time :barscarf: :barscarf:

Chuffed as fuck 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Now that you mention it I really should have a TA one. For shame.

Ok let’s put an end to this absolute fucking FARCE.........

It’s the fucking Merse!

Crazy days dem 90’s. Probably made with asbestos and coloured in with lead paint. Simply delicious.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:33 pm

It’s the fucking Merse!

Crazy days dem 90’s. Probably made with asbestos and coloured in with lead paint. Simply delicious.
Holy moly, it looks nothing like Merson, I was guessing at TA6 too, but thought it looked like Colin Pates !

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Merse, the Merse, really.

This is bullshit, fucking outrageous, the lengths some people will go to just to prove you wrong. So how long did it take you to paint over TA6 and put PM10 on the back then Rodders.

Unfuckingbelievable :shock:

That is one seriously bad attempt at the Merse :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ha it’s a shocker alright Jock :lol:

I reckon back then they just had the one head that did every player in the league. Must look it up, it could be worth all of 4 quid after all these years.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Did we all see the email from the club today asking if we were ready for the new kit?

Farcical that 72 hours out from the launch they are STILL not allowed to use the word adidas. Joke. :roll:

Instead there were a load of videos showing our best moments from 1986-1994 i.e. the last adidas era.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:22 pm
I'd imagine there will be around 2 weeks between the launch of the home and the away so expect that to drop mid July.

A bruised banana reissue is rumored for release in November Jock.....so you'll just have to make do with the modern take on it for now.

However it's an '89 away reissue that's the holy grail for me. I'm praying they do one of those at some point. I' d be first in the queue the day that goes on release and slap my pecker down on the counter along with my wallet :barscarf:

Will the merchandise/training top like kos was wearing in the ad be released Monday too ? Somebody put up a few rumoured tracksuit tops some time back (too lazy to go back to find them :oops: ) that were really, really nice, and I'd like to see if (a) they are accurate and (b) how much they are gonna set me back

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:33 pm

It’s the fucking Merse!

Holy moly, it looks nothing like Merson, I was guessing at TA6 too, but thought it looked like Colin Pates !
I thought it was Stewart Robson :oops:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:

Bonus point for anyone who can name the player on the extreme left. Have that since I was a young lad - but the likeness ain’t bang on I’ll freely admit :wink:
Is it Dolph Lundgren?

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

rodders999 wrote:

Siggi Jonsson.