Womans "Football" WTF (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Jock Gooner

Re: Womans Football WTF

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:46 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:44 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:29 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:00 am
Is this tedious shit still on or is it over?
Yes, still going - but the good news is that if we all cross our fingers and pray then England will get beaten by the US tonight and then the media will lose interest.

I have decided to treat this abomination like the Olympics....it comes around every four years, nobody really gives a fuck about most of the events and it really isn't very exciting however much it gets hyped.
Sounds fair. 8)

It's helped me find my inner peace.

That and sudden, violent, uncontrolled outbursts of USA USA USA USA :lol:
:lol: :barscarf:

Personally I'm just gonna be sitting there naked chanting "Lesbians! Lesbians! Lesbians!"

:barscarf:

:shock: Shit - what was the safeword again :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

I will channel my inner Bruce "Good game good game"

USA superior team so far,2 1 leading

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

The England Women are as bad as the men at penalties :D

2 1 down and down to ten men,erm Women.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

corkbarry wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Unluck ladies, back to the drawing board

Sorry, meant ironing board :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

thankfully this is now over.

I had hoped that this would be it for women's football for 4 years.
However there is a problem - I have just found out that England are hosting the 2021 Women's Euros :banghead:
(by the way just to show how nobody else gives a shit about women's football, we were the only country who put a bid in :D )

so summer of 2021 expect hype to go off the scale, you have been warned 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Apparently some bird made a tea drinking celebration or whatever to mock England. I look forward to the septics finding someone doing a high school shooting celebration against them equally as funny.

Clash

Post by Clash »

The standard of a few of the games I've seen has been a bit higher than I was expecting ... although admittedly I wasn't expecting a lot! However these are international teams which obviously filters out the worst players and the top 3 or 4 sides are not a reflection on the standard of the women's game in general.

Inevitably there seems to be a lot of delusion that the 11m viewers who watched last nights game is going to see a rise in popularity of the women's game from this moment on. The reality is that it will probably be like the Olympics where people watch it in numbers for a short period of time and then forget about it again afterwards. Until it's forced upon us again!

All the talk is about role models for girls etc. Wasnt all this said about the likes of Jessica Ennis 7 years ago after the London olympics? Why cant they just play their sports without all this additional stuff about leaving legacies and empowering women. Its so fucking tedious to listen to.

And how's this for irony? On radio 5Live this morning it was mentioned that the USA women's team had 3 stars added to their kit because they've won 3 WC's ... and that the 3 stars were also put on the men's kit at one time. The complaint (which I agree with btw) was that ''You can't do that, they've not won anything. You can't just ride on the coat-tail of other's success'' :) Isn't this what the whole women's game is based on?

They didn't form their own clubs, build stadiums or design the colours / kits, attract their own fan-bases... they have literally ridden the coat-tails of the success of the men's game! :roll: :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 am
The standard of a few of the games I've seen has been a bit higher than I was expecting ... although admittedly I wasn't expecting a lot! However these are international teams which obviously filters out the worst players and the top 3 or 4 sides are not a reflection on the standard of the women's game in general.

Inevitably there seems to be a lot of delusion that the 11m viewers who watched last nights game is going to see a rise in popularity of the women's game from this moment on. The reality is that it will probably be like the Olympics where people watch it in numbers for a short period of time and then forget about it again afterwards. Until it's forced upon us again!

All the talk is about role models for girls etc. Wasnt all this said about the likes of Jessica Ennis 7 years ago after the London olympics? Why cant they just play their sports without all this additional stuff about leaving legacies and empowering women. Its so fucking tedious to listen to.

And how's this for irony? On radio 5Live this morning it was mentioned that the USA women's team had 3 stars added to their kit because they've won 3 WC's ... and that the 3 stars were also put on the men's kit at one time. The complaint (which I agree with btw) was that ''You can't do that, they've not won anything. You can't just ride on the coat-tail of other's success'' :) Isn't this what the whole women's game is based on?

They didn't form their own clubs, build stadiums or design the colours / kits, attract their own fan-bases... they have literally ridden the coat-tails of the success of the men's game! :roll: :banghead:
Absolutely. Absobloodylutely. And all they do in return is whinge and moan about how men's football is shit and they deserve the same money. Shut up, you silly cows.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:30 am
corkbarry wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:44 pm

Unluck ladies, back to the drawing board

Sorry, meant ironing board :wink:
I actually thought for a second you had written "unlock the ladies". I thought fucking hell it was shit but was it bad enough we had to lock up some of these deluded bitches? :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:44 am
Clash wrote:

Absolutely. Absobloodylutely. And all they do in return is whinge and moan about how men's football is shit and they deserve the same money. Shut up, you silly cows.
One hundred fucking percent bang on the money both of you. 8)

I've said all along they can fuck off with this parity and equal pay bullshit until they can generate their own income and not need to be heavily subsidised by the men's game. Fucking idiots.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clash wrote:

That's not entirely true. Doncaster Belles was hardly built on the coat tails of the mens game. Millwall Lionessess and charlton ladies in the late '80's and early '90's would be included. It really was the Arsenal Ladies, which were a separate entity to the men's team that became dominant which led to liverpool, chelsea and man city following suit. Had the FA not banned the women from playing in the 1920's then we probably wouldn't have this drive for equal status to the mens game as it would have naturally progressed at its own pace, rather than being forced foward since around 2010.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 am
Apparently some bird made a tea drinking celebration or whatever to mock England. I look forward to the septics finding someone doing a high school shooting celebration against them equally as funny.
:lol:

Brilliant. You'd probably need the whole squad to join in with what could turn into a feature length production.

Then VAR would probably rule it out anyway.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:36 pm
Clash wrote:

That's not entirely true. Doncaster Belles was hardly built on the coat tails of the mens game. Millwall Lionessess and charlton ladies in the late '80's and early '90's would be included. It really was the Arsenal Ladies, which were a separate entity to the men's team that became dominant which led to liverpool, chelsea and man city following suit. Had the FA not banned the women from playing in the 1920's then we probably wouldn't have this drive for equal status to the mens game as it would have naturally progressed at its own pace, rather than being forced foward since around 2010.
Fair point about Doncaster Belles mate, they are the one exception. The women's game still heavily relies on already existing fans of clubs supporting the equivalent women’s team though, otherwise why use the same names? I’ve never heard of someone saying they support Arsenal & Charlton ladies (unless they have a family member playing there perhaps but that would also apply to the mens game).

The FA ban in the 1920s seems strange and I didnt know about it until recently. But the fact that it doesn’t appear to have met much resistance (that I know of) when it was introduced around a time when there were militants marching for women to get the vote etc. suggests not too many women were bothered.

Even in my own childhood years of the late 70s and 80s the girls had no interest in playing football … which was a relief. The playground where us boys played football was virtually out of bounds for them and rightly so. They had their hopscotch chalked onto the concrete over near the sheds and some skipping ropes … what more could they ask for?!! 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Clash wrote:

I'm not sure if you are just freshly married and you are trying to impress your new wife with your pc snowflake posts mate (we've all been there) :D :wink: but that is a whole load of utter shit and ignores the absolute crux of the issue.

Men and women are very different physically.

With the odd freak of nature exception (Spuddy :wink: ) there are very few women on this planet that can physically compete with a man. The standard of the majority of the women that play football is equal to an under 14s boys team.

The pc media luvvies and a few motivated women's libbers are trying to ram the women's game down our throats (steady rodders :wink: ) as equal to the men's game. It isn't because the vast vast majority of women players are not as good as the men technically or physically.

Whilst i believe in equal rights foŕ all there has to be some common sense too. This pc equality rubbish has gone too far. The Navy SEALs opened their books to female recruits last year. One woman applied - and lasted less than a week.

Men and women are different. Deal with it ladies. :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:19 am
Nos89 wrote:
Clash wrote:

I'm not sure if you are just freshly married and you are trying to impress your new wife with your pc snowflake posts mate (we've all been there) :D :wink: but that is a whole load of utter shit and ignores the absolute crux of the issue.

Men and women are very different physically.

With the odd freak of nature exception (Spuddy :wink: ) there are very few women on this planet that can physically compete with a man. The standard of the majority of the women that play football is equal to an under 14s boys team.

The pc media luvvies and a few motivated women's libbers are trying to ram the women's game down our throats (steady rodders :wink: ) as equal to the men's game. It isn't because the vast vast majority of women players are not as good as the men technically or physically.

Whilst i believe in equal rights foŕ all there has to be some common sense too. This pc equality rubbish has gone too far. The Navy SEALs opened their books to female recruits last year. One woman applied - and lasted less than a week.

Men and women are different. Deal with it ladies. :wink:

I'd argue technically there are women that can match men in the professional game, but physically there is the obvoius difference. Although, in the early '90's I played against a work colleague who also played for Millwall Lionesses and to make her point she took down the biggest player on our team in a full on crunching tackle. He ended up in goal as it aggravated the knee injury that ended his professional football career. The women's game should be appreciated on its own merits

The media are overblowing it as that's the world we currently live in. Like all the fuss over women at work, yet no one is celebrating stay at home fathers???