Fat Frank back at The Chavs

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonertux

Fat Frank back at The Chavs

Post by goonertux »

3 year contract. Hopefully will work out the same as Solksjaer at Manure i.e. club legend returns in a blaze of glory but slowly it all goes tits up!

augie

Re: Fat Frank back at The Chavs

Post by augie »

Joint favourite (with solskjaer) to be first premiership manager at 6/1 which is a ridiculous bet imo

To me, unless they collapse altogether, lumpalard couldn't be going in there at a better time - lost their star player, under transfer embargo so cant buy players, and will implement a strategy of giving young players a chance, and the fans will grant him a lot more patience because of it. If he had gone in there with last season's squad and with the ability to bring in more talented players in this transfer window, the pressure to win straight away would very much have been on him, but I think lower expectations will allow him more time.

Personally I don't think that he will be as bad as solskjaer, but at the same time I don't think he will be a success either - he didn't perform any better last season than previous derby managers (his win ratio was less than mcclaren and the previous manager). His "success" was built on loan premiership players playing against championship players - the spine of his team (mings, Wilson, mount) and some chavski defender were all loanees. He has yet to prove that he can coach and improve players, but he is a big name appointment and lets hope he falls flat on his fat face

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Still remember him kissing the badge at West Ham

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

They deserve a Cun.t for a manager and so they have one. Dooomed To Fail :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Shrewd move from the chavs, they've been through most of the planets top managers and were unlikely to attract another with the transfer ban looming over them so Frank will get a pass from the fans if the shit hits the fan and then they can sack him when the bans lifted . If he does well its gin and tonics all round ! Simples !

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well I was one to get him signed up while at West ham (same as I said to everyone to sign up Terry when he wanted to leave the chavs as a nipper) the West ham fans I knew slated him.

Great player, don't know how he will turn out as a manager.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:50 pm
Shrewd move from the chavs, they've been through most of the planets top managers and were unlikely to attract another with the transfer ban looming over them so Frank will get a pass from the fans if the shit hits the fan and then they can sack him when the bans lifted . If he does well its gin and tonics all round ! Simples !
Yes was thinking the same, maybe, hopefully the Chavs see tough times ahead and are appointing a manager that will be immune from criticism from the fans.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fwat Fwank is going to crash and burn and I for one can’t fucking wait :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I'll make a prediction that he'll win 2 games against shit teams, be hailed as a genius by his mates in the press, then get found out the moment he faces anyone decent and end up a Moyesesque/ McLarenesque laughing stock by Christmas.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

the chavs have their own JCL's ( in fact they almost invented them ) paying through the nose, i don't think they will give fwank the ***** much of a pass.

they have some tough opening fixtures - united (A), Leicester, Norwich (A), Sheff Utd, Wolves (A), Liverpool...

you think they'll turn a blind eye when they are paying 55 quid and up a pop to get stuffed by the likes Everton, Leicester, Wolves every week ?

i think he'll be gone by the end of October and Hiddink will keep them up.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nice of this fat f--k to give Derby just one year when they were the first to give him his chance in management.

Not that clubs are any better when so many sack managers after success of course (Ranieri, the Fulham bloke etc.) but lets hope Lampard fucks it up and damages his reputation with the Chelsea fans at the same time. I'm sure BT Sport will welcome him back with open arms.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I read the title and thought NOOOOO! … For the briefest of moments I thought it meant FrankSav had gone from Charlton FC to the chavs .. Fuuuuuccckkk my ticker went into over-drive. :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:31 am
I read the title and thought NOOOOO! … For the briefest of moments I thought it meant FrankSav had gone from Charlton FC to the chavs .. Fuuuuuccckkk my ticker went into over-drive. :D :wink: :wink: :wink:
:shock:

How could you think such a thought? :(

Fwank will hunt you down for that one. :D :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Clash wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 pm
Nice of this fat f--k to give Derby just one year when they were the first to give him his chance in management.
yep. and he did no better than his predecessor who they sacked.

watching fwank and solskjar fail this year is going to be as entertaining as the annual spuds collapse. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:24 pm
Clash wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:24 pm
yep. and he did no better than his predecessor who they sacked.

watching fwank and solskjar fail this year is going to be as entertaining as the annual spuds collapse. :lol:
:lol:

I'm going to enjoy watching the fat chav fuck getting hailed as a genius after two or three wins and then being sacked at Xmas. :lol: 8)