Womans "Football" WTF (NSFW)

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
Clash

Re: Womans Football WTF

Post by Clash »

I hear Phil Neville and some of the ''lionesses'' were in the Royal box on centre court at Wimbledon yesterday. They only got to the semi final ffs! :banghead:

And what happened to Neville's big talk about how anything less than winning would be failure? Now he's swanning about like he's a fucking national treasure. Fuck off you long faced fucker!

Unfortunately for anyone thinking this is the end of the women's sport and the Neville's for a few weeks at least ... brace yourself for the Netball world cup starting on BBC next week where England will be led by Tracy Neville (who I actually think is Gary in a wig and a dress).

Herd

Post by Herd »

I still chuckle every time I think of the England defender Millie Bright lumbering around during the WWC.
I was never quite sure if she was playing or grazing ,like a diplodocus ,I think we should be told !
Phill Neville was pure comedy Gold ,I've never seen him so animated ,it was almost like he had to oversell it or he would start laughing .
He was also a tad too touchy feely ,creepily putting his arms round the sweaty beasts at any given moment !

Herd

Post by Herd »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:02 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 am
Apparently some bird made a tea drinking celebration or whatever to mock England. I look forward to the septics finding someone doing a high school shooting celebration against them equally as funny.
To be fair, it was the day before 4th July Independence Day, and as celebrations go, quite tame.

These women don’t like it up em do they ( well according to the survey 25 % to 50 % don’t ) :wink:
Don't worry it wasn't lost on me,on July I wore a white t shirt with great Britain on it when I lived in the USA on July 4th in a Bar on Long Island (sag harbor) when the septics saw me laughing and joking they asked me why and I responded "We celebrate this day as much if not more than you do " ………………...whoooosh right over their heads !
Problem with American History is that a lot of it simply isn't true including the crap written bout the tea party and the cause of the American civil war which had fuck all to do with Lincoln wanting to free the slaves and everything to do with federal taxation !

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Midz wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:45 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:13 pm
to be honest the forwards and midfielders of the top 5 or 6 teams in the chicks game are better technically than the MLS or the Championship, in terms of their first touch, ball control and weighted/ curled passes etc.

defensively all the teams were a bit pants, and the game is a bit slower but i thought it was a good watch mostly.
That's a pretty fair summing up imo. I too have enjoyed women's football for a few years now and am pleased they got more media coverage in this tournament.
I think the highlight for me was Lucy Bronze's goal against Norway.

https://youtu.be/Kpt-pM3_5Tc
Here you go - you will probably love this for the next couple of weeks too :lol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/netball/48938921

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Give it another 2 or 3 seasons and they’ll be showing highlights of the wpl on motd!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:57 pm
Give it another 2 or 3 seasons and they’ll be showing highlights of the wpl on motd!
You mean "Lezzerball"? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

womens football is rubbish

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Took my daughters to watch the netball world cup in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago. I was really surprised at the pace of the game. Watche Jamaica vs Malawi and the Jamaicans movement and pattern of play reminded me of the Invincible team, pass and move, diagonal one touch passing. I didn't get bored once. Also saw probably the tallest woman I;ve ever seen walking [ast us in the concourse. At least 6ft 7in, i'm talking Peter Crouch gangly tall. Just thought of that scene in Deuce Bigalow, where he's on a date with a very tall woman.

abaum5

Post by abaum5 »

How about American Women demanding equal pay to men's?! The USA men's is shite, and Women are strong but simple fact still remains that the men's team drive more revenue.... Am I being a rude ass*ole?!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

abaum5 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:58 am
How about American Women demanding equal pay to men's?! The USA men's is shite, and Women are strong but simple fact still remains that the men's team drive more revenue.... Am I being a rude ass*ole?!
Nope you are not. :wink: When the wider women's game can generate the same revenue as the men's game then fine they deserve equal pay but right now? No way do they deserve equal pay.

Clash

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Clash »

I see the women’s football community are wringing their knickers over the attendance today. Almost 40,000, a record for a women’s domestic game.

I’m hearing word like progress, exciting times, start of something big etc.

All very well ... but then consider there was virtually no other football this weekend ... and the go and look at the ticket prices:

£6.50 for adults
£3.50 for children and over 65s
£15 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)

When was the last time our prices were so low? The mid 80s? Admittedly it is a good crowd considering many of us still wouldn’t go if we they paid us to but it’s so obvious the women’s is being heavily subsidised. And it doesn’t take a genius to work out from where.

Anything that can be manilpulated to show it in a favourable light and promote it is being used. Quote the attendances but don’t mention how cheap the tickets were.

And I bet at the end of the season we are not told exactly how much money it cost to run the WSL against how much it generated because then it won’t look as successful or popular as we are meant to think it is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 pm
I see the women’s football community are wringing their knickers over the attendance today. Almost 40,000, a record for a women’s domestic game.

All very well ... but then consider there was virtually no other football this weekend ... and the go and look at the ticket prices:

£6.50 for adults

When was the last time our prices were so low? The mid 80s? Admittedly it is a good crowd considering many of us still wouldn’t go if we they paid us to but it’s so obvious the women’s is being heavily subsidised. And it doesn’t take a genius to work out from where.

Anything that can be manilpulated to show it in a favourable light and promote it is being used. Quote the attendances but don’t mention how cheap the tickets were.

And I bet at the end of the season we are not told exactly how much money it cost to run the WSL against how much it generated because then it won’t look as successful or popular as we are meant to think it is.
This ^^ 100% 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Clash wrote:

£6.50 for adults

The prices will soon start to spiral upwards once the players demand equal wages to the men. Anyway, the way society is moving in about 20 years time the womens game will be overtaken by males who have had a "sex change" (don't know the PC expression for this type of operation) because they weren't good enough for the mens game but will be for the womens game.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:

£6.50 for adults

Here you go sir......losses losses and more losses (but then we knew that anyway). If they were a real business they would have gone into liquidation years ago but they get to prop their game up on the back of the men's game so we underwrite and carry their losses. Piece of shite.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... profitable

The numbers involved are quite something and while the media and football have gone 'all in' in the hope that there is money to be made, it would appear that they are pissing in the wind on that one. It would take a brave club to chuck it in though. Could you imagine the howls of outrage. We are going to be stuck with this shite for years now just limping along like a worthless incontinent old cripple who nobody has the balls to put out of their misery.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:51 am
Clash wrote:

£6.50 for adults

The prices will soon start to spiral upwards once the players demand equal wages to the men. Anyway, the way society is moving in about 20 years time the womens game will be overtaken by males who have had a "sex change" (don't know the PC expression for this type of operation) because they weren't good enough for the mens game but will be for the womens game.
Oh yeah trans-genders will almost certainly be allowed to infiltrate women’s sport more and more... but we won’t be allowed to say anything against it because that would be discriminatory and show a lack of tolerance and understanding.

It will become part of our indoctrination. That's why everyone on TV keeps a straight face when referring to Bruce Jenner as 'she' just because he's had surgery and is wearing a dress.
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:00 pm
Here you go sir......losses losses and more losses (but then we knew that anyway). If they were a real business they would have gone into liquidation years ago but they get to prop their game up on the back of the men's game so we underwrite and carry their losses. Piece of shite.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... profitable

The numbers involved are quite something and while the media and football have gone 'all in' in the hope that there is money to be made, it would appear that they are pissing in the wind on that one. It would take a brave club to chuck it in though. Could you imagine the howls of outrage. We are going to be stuck with this shite for years now just limping along like a worthless incontinent old cripple who nobody has the balls to put out of their misery.
Thanks very much Jock – just read that!

Nice analogy :lol: 8)