THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPARKSY

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by SPARKSY »

Just a question but does anyone think there is the possibility of Wenger returning as manager.
If things go badly, which they surely will looking at our complete lack of any plan or new signings and then Emery is pushed, will they turn to Kreonkes best mate in football, Wenger, to dig us out the mess and try to get 4th place, which was his speciality.
I mean, he still hasn't taken a job anywhere..........................................

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm
Just a question but does anyone think there is the possibility of Wenger returning as manager.
If things go badly, which they surely will looking at our complete lack of any plan or new signings and then Emery is pushed, will they turn to Kreonkes best mate in football, Wenger, to dig us out the mess and try to get 4th place, which was his speciality.
I mean, he still hasn't taken a job anywhere..........................................

So we're all a bit gruntled about the lack of transfers and Kosgate but on the plus side it's Friday afternoon and it's the weekend so things are looking up a bit as the pub beckons.

But then you come along and take a piss in the beer barrel.

So the answer to your question is NO.

Absolutely NO.

Oh god, please no.

The whole thing about Dick having a 2 year contract break and TOF not having taken a job yet.....that's like a coincidence isn't it :rubchin: :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:15 pm
SPARKSY wrote:

So we're all a bit gruntled about the lack of transfers and Kosgate but on the plus side it's Friday afternoon and it's the weekend so things are looking up a bit as the pub beckons.

Absolutely NO.

Oh god, please no.

The whole thing about Dick having a 2 year contract break and TOF not having taken a job yet.....that's like a coincidence isn't it :rubchin: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant :lol: made me laugh Jock

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

herbert wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:58 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:15 pm
SPARKSY wrote:

Absolutely NO.

Oh god, please no.

:lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant :lol: made me laugh Jock

It's funny isn't it, just as we're kicking the latest news about somebody just pops up and hits you with something out of left field.

It's a good post from Sparksy - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think there is 1 person who thinks this will happen........TOF himself.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'm actually beginning to like wenger again. Watching him on tv as a pundit and speaking at football functions he's sounds like the wenger pre-emirates days. I actually want to hear what he has to say on the how the game is evolving, the future of football. It's as if he has fallen back in love with the game and speaks passionately about it again. No longer sounds like the old fraud he became.
Would I want him as a manager, no absolutely not.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:37 am
I'm actually beginning to like wenger again. Watching him on tv as a pundit and speaking at football functions he's sounds like the wenger pre-emirates days. I actually want to hear what he has to say on the how the game is evolving, the future of football. It's as if he has fallen back in love with the game and speaks passionately about it again. No longer sounds like the old fraud he became.
Has he mentioned recently that the transfer market is unsustainable? Best save your pennies under the bed, while other clubs invest in their first team.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
I'm looking at the time of your post and putting this down to a good night at the pub :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:34 am
Nos89 wrote:
I'm looking at the time of your post and putting this down to a good night at the pub :lol:
Let go of the hate, its good for you

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Put down that eighth pint, you don't need it :lol:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:37 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Drinking rule 3, never finish on an odd number of drinks :drunk:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:38 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:37 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Drinking rule 3, never finish on an odd number of drinks :drunk:
Fair point, well made.

:rubchin: ok, put down that seventh pint - it's an odd no, you don't need it and you'll end up talking nostalgic shite about a wenker.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Nos89 wrote:
It is frustrating that history will view Wenger kindly and airbrush out all the negative stuff but you know what he became, you say it above. His ego and self-serving hypocrisy caused our club permanent damage and that shouldn't be forgotten.

We are now an ambition-less, American owned franchise, with a soulless and generic stadium which is the antithesis of our previous home.

Wenger's real legacy isnt the Invincibles, the two doubles or the great football ... its what we are right now.

augie

Post by augie »

SPARKSY wrote:

That translates into "he hasn't taken a job cos no c.unt is offering him one" :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:

Man is a c.unt and I hate him for what he has done to our club and the shitfest he has left behind - imo this thread should be locked down until/if he ever gets another job, cos until that day I don't want to even acknowledge his existence :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored: