Cricket stuff....

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
OneBardGooner

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by OneBardGooner »

I'm not a fan of Cricket, but over at my mates -he is - and have to say it was Brilliant - jesuss H the tension and such a fine, fine margin to win a World Cup. Both teams were a credit to the game and Fair Play.

Would happily watch cricket at that level again. :barscarf:

ps: Stokes was F**ckin' AWESOME.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Best cricket game I have ever seen. On a sporting level going to a super over it was on a level with Anfield 89, City 2012 and any other major sporting event that has had a dramatic ending.

Great for the game in this country, we need more kids playing the game. This win can only help. I went to the England vs Aus game and it was on a different level to supporting Arsenal over the last few years.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

wow what a match!
just incredible drama right through the day.

one of the saddest things for me in recent years is that football has become so dominant, other sports like cricket have been forgotten.
this was a reminder of why it still should be our national summer game.
you can't argue that any Arsenal game last season came close to the drama of that today.

WELL DOBE ENGLAND !!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I saw all the excitement on twatter so turned on and watched the final 20 minutes or so. Unreal drama.

I barely know the basic rules of cricket but can someone answer me this -

I’m pretty sure from my limited knowledge of watching a few games that if a batsman got run out then the team would score zero off that ball. But what seems to happen now is that however many runs have been completed get counted as a score before the run out.

Does that make sense? Hopefully someone can set me right.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Unbelievable. Been a cricket fan as long as I can remember and this last 7 weeks has given me more joy, tension and yes disappointment after the three defeats than anything Arsenal have done in the last decade. Been to a lot of games and met some great peole from around the world. India, Bangladesh, NZ, SA. The fans as well as the cricket have made this tournament what it was. Could have done without that week of rain when everything was washed out but apart from that It's been one of the best sporting experiences of my lifetime with the right result at the end of an epic final.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Rodders, if the batsmen have crossed and both touched behind the crease before turning for another run then the completed run counts but obviously not the second. I hope this helps.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Red Snapper wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Rodders, if the batsmen have crossed and both touched behind the crease before turning for another run then the completed run counts but obviously not the second. I hope this helps.
Cheers man. Has that always been the case or we’re the rules changed at some point? Always thought you scored fuck all if run out.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 pm
Red Snapper wrote:
Cheers man. Has that always been the case or we’re the rules changed at some point? Always thought you scored fuck all if run out.
that's what I always thought too! - and where the fuck did this super over come from :lol:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:46 am
rodders999 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
I played a lot of cricket in the 60's and I'm sure it applied then.

that's what I always thought too! - and where the fuck did this super over come from :lol:
Don't know but better than a penalty shoot out wasn't it?!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Red Snapper wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:39 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:46 am
rodders999 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
I played a lot of cricket in the 60's and I'm sure it applied then.

Don't know but better than a penalty shoot out wasn't it?!
yeah much better !
what a shame that hardly any cricket matches end in draws like that

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Congratulations to England and commiserations to New Zealand who were seriously unlucky. I was up till 5am watching that game and it was without a shadow of a doubt one of the best games of sport I've ever had the pleasure to watch live.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

watched every ball of the final loved it :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Well as an Oirish Australian I was obviously screaming for anybody but Ingerland to win it. :D :wink:

Tbh I only watched the super over when SlySports News announced it and I switched over. Have to say it was a suoerb spectacle. I loved cricket as a kid in Australia (I'm old enough to remember going to see the brilliant Kerry Packer series in the Gabba in Brisbane as a child) and Thommo was up there with Chippy as my childhood hero. But tbh I find modern cricket boring as fuck.

Anyway congratulations to our Pommie cousins on an amazing and by all accounts well deserved win.

There. And never once mentioned it took an Oirishman to win it for y- oh, hang on. Shit. Sorry.

:lol: :wink:

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Pardon me. But what the actual fvck?

I just saw on the news that the Aussies wimmin have retained The Ashes. :shock: :shock:
When did they get given the mens urn to contest?
Why are they playing for The Ashes. I bet they even wear a box too. :roll:
Fucking heck. Can't they just stick to hockey.
Down with wimmin playing OUR sport. :D

p.s
I'm thinking of starting a gofundme page because I feel triggered by these lezzies behaving more masculine than me.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:36 am
Pardon me. But what the actual fvck?

I just saw on the news that the Aussies wimmin have retained The Ashes. :shock: :shock:
When did they get given the mens urn to contest?
Why are they playing for The Ashes. I bet they even wear a box too. :roll:
Fucking heck. Can't they just stick to hockey.
Down with wimmin playing OUR sport. :D

p.s
I'm thinking of starting a gofundme page because I feel triggered by these lezzies behaving more masculine than me.
What really fucks me off is this pc bollocks of SlySports News calling it "The Ashes" rather than "The Women's Ashes". :roll: :censored: