Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: Kos refuses to travel to US for pre season tour

Post by sk-gtfo »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am
Zzzzzzzzzzz why are we talking about what should be irrelevant players instead of rebuilding the squad?. That is the question that really needs answering.

I'm calling it now - I think we'll finish below 7th next season.
Oh ffs mate. We won't. The PL is THAT shit atm. :lol: Twenty of your dirty British pounds to a charity of choice says we finish top 6.
You're on if 7th place itself is included in my favour. :twisted:

top 6 and you win.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SPARKSY wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzz why are we talking about what should be irrelevant players instead of rebuilding the squad?. That is the question that really needs answering.

Oh ffs mate. We won't. The PL is THAT shit atm. :lol: Twenty of your dirty British pounds to a charity of choice says we finish top 6.
Palace, Leicester, Wolves, mid table sides who chucked 9 goals past us. I'm with sk-gtfo.
Was at Southampton when they scored 3 against us....with Charlie fucking Austin getting the winner, and they deserved it.......FFS

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

sk-gtfo wrote:

Regardless of whether it's next season, sometime soon we are heading towards mid table. Just wait til a few more Arabs with more money than sense decide to buy some mediocre clubs and they will overtake us. As things stand, we are still in Europe(although in a 2nd rate competition) and are still a cash cow for Kroenke but as soon as we slide, his investment won't be as secure and he will look to sell. It sadly will take that huge level of shitness in order for us to get him out.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

BFG4 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Regardless of whether it's next season, sometime soon we are heading towards mid table. Just wait til a few more Arabs with more money than sense decide to buy some mediocre clubs and they will overtake us. As things stand, we are still in Europe(although in a 2nd rate competition) and are still a cash cow for Kroenke but as soon as we slide, his investment won't be as secure and he will look to sell. It sadly will take that huge level of shitness in order for us to get him out.
As long as the sheep keep turning up no level of shitness will force him out

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:52 am
BFG4 wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

As long as the sheep keep turning up no level of shitness will force him out

:rubchin:

Fucking baaa

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I have no particular desire to see this guy make it to a full decade of mediocrity. Despite our defensive woes I would happily see him going tomorrow because he is part of the problem - both with the defence and the wider culture. Just another pampered player who has showed glimpses of being a good player for periods but has consistently had disasters month after month after month which have cost us. Has largely been better than whoever has played alongside him, but that isn't saying much when that has been the likes of Squillaci, Djourou, Silvestre, Mertesacker or Mustafi. To the extent that he was ever a desirable option to have, that absolutely hasn't been the case since he had that nasty injury last year.

But fuck me after milking us for nearly a decade and having a cushy ride, he's publicly throwing his toys out of the pram because he thinks we shouldn't be demanding any money for him so that he can crawl back into whatever Ligue 1 swamp he came from.

IWWW8 saying he risks ruining his legacy. Would 100% agree if the bloke had a great legacy, not a long trail of mediocrity.

Glad the club released a clear statement and frankly I hope we fucking hang him out to dry. I would fine the prick all of the wages possible, let him rot training with the kids (and fine him if he doesn't turn up) and then sell him for pittance in the last week of the window.

Clash

Post by Clash »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:21 pm
I have no particular desire to see this guy make it to a full decade of mediocrity. Despite our defensive woes I would happily see him going tomorrow because he is part of the problem - both with the defence and the wider culture. Just another pampered player who has showed glimpses of being a good player for periods but has consistently had disasters month after month after month which have cost us. Has largely been better than whoever has played alongside him, but that isn't saying much when that has been the likes of Squillaci, Djourou, Silvestre, Mertesacker or Mustafi. To the extent that he was ever a desirable option to have, that absolutely hasn't been the case since he had that nasty injury last year.

But fuck me after milking us for nearly a decade and having a cushy ride, he's publicly throwing his toys out of the pram because he thinks we shouldn't be demanding any money for him so that he can crawl back into whatever Ligue 1 swamp he came from.

IWWW8 saying he risks ruining his legacy. Would 100% agree if the bloke had a great legacy, not a long trail of mediocrity.

Glad the club released a clear statement and frankly I hope we fucking hang him out to dry. I would fine the prick all of the wages possible, let him rot training with the kids (and fine him if he doesn't turn up) and then sell him for pittance in the last week of the window.
That's a fucking great post nb123 ... well said!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Never ceases to amaze me with modern day footballers and even certain managers where they feel they are owed something by the club or the fans, despite already being very well paid and supported during their time at the club. Wenger acted like we owed him something more for his loyalty as though the £10m salary he got wasnt enough.

Koscielny has 1 year left on his contract so he shouldn't get to dictate what happens. If he'd got injured again late on in the season (which is not that difficult to imagine) and the club told him he was no good to them so he was being released early and they wouldnt be paying him for that final year ... then you can bet he would soon be holding them to that final year of his contract.

Cant have it both ways!

Midz

Post by Midz »

Just fuck him off back to france. He's extremely well past his best so get him off the wage bill.
he was prone to giving away free kicks in dangerous areas and was given the armband because he was the best in a pile of shite defence.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

https://le-grove.co.uk/2019/07/13/exclu ... situation/

So basically we only want to keep him because he's on cheap wages now, sounds about right for the London Nuggets UK soccer franchise.

:roll:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Get him to fuck, he is not the player to stamp our feet over, he is yet another long term legacy from the old regime and the quicker he is gone the better

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am
What the fuck is this all about :shock:
Statement from Arsenal

Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour.

We are very disappointed by Laurent’s actions, which are against our clear instructions.

We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time
Looks like they are trying to invoke a contract break against him. Why else would they make this shit public?

Also we have a captain thread and a preseason thread rodders you utter cùnt. :censored:

:-P
Calm down sugar tits. I figured a brand spanking new thread was required now that our supposed captain had gone on strike. Feel free to merge it with the toshiba thread in the basement if that’s how you get your rocks off (we both know it is). 8)

Have we stripped him of the captaincy yet? Thought not :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:19 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am
What the fuck is this all about :shock:
Statement from Arsenal

Laurent Koscielny has refused to travel to the US for our pre-season tour.

We are very disappointed by Laurent’s actions, which are against our clear instructions.

We hope to resolve this matter and will not be providing any further comment at this time
Looks like they are trying to invoke a contract break against him. Why else would they make this shit public?

Also we have a captain thread and a preseason thread rodders you utter cùnt. :censored:

:-P
Calm down sugar tits. I figured a brand spanking new thread was required now that our supposed captain had gone on strike. Feel free to merge it with the toshiba thread in the basement if that’s how you get your rocks off (we both know it is). 8)

Have we stripped him of the captaincy yet? Thought not :roll:
Ì was joking hermaphrodite features. :roll: :censored:

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Palace, Leicester, Wolves, mid table sides who chucked 9 goals past us. I'm with sk-gtfo.
And how many of them finished above us? The point is a mid table team might beat us or put 3 past us but then they will go and get done 6-0 at citeh or get beaten by other mid table teams or by relegation fodder.

At present even at our worst we are better than most of the shit in the PL. Of course that might change if we keep slipping out further and further because of underinvestment in the squad. But at the moment that top 6 picks itself because of the gap in quality between them and the rest of the league.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 am
SPARKSY wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

And how many of them finished above us? The point is a mid table team might beat us or put 3 past us but then they will go and get done 6-0 at citeh or get beaten by other mid table teams or by relegation fodder.

At present even at our worst we are better than most of the shit in the PL. Of course that might change if we keep slipping out further and further because of underinvestment in the squad. But at the moment that top 6 picks itself because of the gap in quality between them and the rest of the league.
up until now, yes you are correct.
the future is shaping up to be a bit different. probably not this season, maybe not even next, but the fact is that we are on a slow downward spiral if we no longer have any money to spend.