KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:51 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Retro, I appreciate the explanation and maybe I was too harsh in my earlier post

I agree with your opening paragraph 100% in that this protest/statement should focus on Kse and NOTHING else - issues like match day atmosphere/ticket prices/merchandise etc, are all problems for every clubs fanbase not just ours. Focusing on the prospect of a European super league is a noble aim, but again if things keep going the way they are, we won't be involved anyway
No problem at all Augie, I know how you feel and I remember your support for the Wenger Out campaign. We need a few more with some Celtic fire in their belly tbh. I was pretty insistent that the statement should be less scatter gun and focused on Kroenke alone. Ultimately, a compromise was reached and I have to say, the reaction to the launch has been fabulous. As I type this, there's more than 50,000 names on the petition in less than a day !!

I've a suspicion that people are so seriously pissed off and concerned, that we could have written a kids nursery rhyme on the statement and people would have supported it. It was the very well managed launch via the MSM and social media that got this trending. This morning it was trending at number 1 on Twitter, retweeted with comments by some leading journos. There have also been a number of radio interviews with some of the guys involved, who all spoke articulately and sensibly.

See this as a start point chaps and if the Club continue to ignore us and continue to run this great footballing institution into the ground, then have no doubt, there's plenty of appetite to scale this up and increase the militancy. This won't be like the Wenger campaign, everyone you speak to knows we're fucked with Kroenke at the helm and all want him gone. We've served notice to the Club, let's see how they respond....frankly, i hope they don't, because I don't want the parasitic leech with any place to turn. I just want him out.
Well done Retro and everyone involved.

I was probably the first (or certainly one of them) on here to single out Kroenke as the bigger problem than Wenger. I originated the term "Wenger is the symptom but Kroenke is the disease" and I've believed that since he took over and had the opportunity to sack Wenger but didn't. A proper football man taking over would have sacked Wenger immediately. Very few people agreed with me at the time tbh.

The problem with the Wenger Out campaign is it split the fanbase (it's a myth that the AKBs were all JCL tourists btw).

I feel this is a campaign that might, just might, reunite the fanbase.

Whilst "Kroenke Out" is strong and direct I think you guys need a catchier motto.... something simple, catchy, clever and direct like "Arsenal FC not Arsene FC" was. Something people can print as stickers, banners, forum signatures and easy quick hash tags for twitter etc.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

See Newcastle fans boycotting Season tickets with 12000 unsold, hitting Ashley in the pocket

Sending out weak willed notes will have fuck all effect on Kroenke

Think its clear now with him as owner the club is going to suffer for many years, and he will prove very difficult to remove

They done the damage when they let him in the door

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

There are people on social media using the hashtag #wecaredoyou while wearing the new kit and having renewed their season ticket, Stan must laugh his head off at that form of protest. Until you hit the *word censored* in the pocket, he will never care.

DB10GOONER

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've retitled this thread slightly so anyone searching here can ID the Kroenke Out stuff more easily.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:09 am
See Newcastle fans boycotting Season tickets with 12000 unsold, hitting Ashley in the pocket

Sending out weak willed notes will have fuck all effect on Kroenke

Think its clear now with him as owner the club is going to suffer for many years, and he will prove very difficult to remove

They done the damage when they let him in the door
fair play to them - I have suggested that on here but always get met with resistance. Until people do, then ultimately Kroenke will be able to laugh off all protests, but at least a start has been made.

I think the timing of the Kroenke out protests is ideal - I think it would have been wrong last season just as Emery arrived.
I think it is good that he has been given a season, and although he maybe is not the greatest manager in the world, he has done ok, and it is clear the problem at the club is the yank.

As retro says it doesnt really matter what was on the statement - I havent even bothered to read it and have still signed the petition. This is very much phase 1. If Kroenke continues to ignore the fans (he will) then phase 2 will have to be rolled out when the season gets underway. The trouble is that he will just turn around and say that the supporters continue to support the club by selling out the season tickets and so what is the problem ?

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

83.000 signed the petition, that's good going, keep it up Gooners! :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 am
There are people on social media using the hashtag #wecaredoyou while wearing the new kit and having renewed their season ticket, Stan must laugh his head off at that form of protest. Until you hit the *word censored* in the pocket, he will never care.
Exactly, he's a money man, that's the only way to get to him

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:48 am
BFG4 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:20 am
Exactly, he's a money man, that's the only way to get to him
yeah basically all they are doing is providing Kroenke with free advertising :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Josh turning up to the Arsenal training session in a LA Rams t-shirt either goes to show that he is as thick as pig shit or he was sending out a clear message as to where we reside in the KSE food chain (as if we need it :roll: ).

Fucking parasites.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Easy to have a pop at ST holders when you've maybe never had one, never go to that many games a season, can't get there because of logistics or even in some cases, dare I say it, you just don't go. Always easier for somebody else to start the movement, for somebody else to give up the ST or make a sacrifice and sit on the sidelines and moan about things. Some people have bothered their arses to get the ball rolling and have done it the right way to begin with so a big thank you to them. This either goes as a well supported push to unseat wiggy or fragments into finger pointing and the blame game.....I suggest we try and stick with the former to begin with at least.

ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they will be quick to get onto the club when this finally happens.

The number of people who purchase beer in the ground has always surprised me as that is an easy quick hit on matchday income. Likewise the new kit could be a quick hit but unfortunately you won't have much luck there with Adidas' return.

I don't think wiggy will be as stupid as to use the line that ST sales are stable as a defence to the statement about fans unease with his lack of commitment to the club but you never know. That will simply get thrown back in his face. Other than that I suggest some folk have a look at the make up of the club's annual income to see the split between matchday, tv and commercial income which will give you a better fix on the numbers.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Newcastle fans are planning to boycott their first game of the season so are Arsenal fans going to boycott their first game of the season as well ?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:20 am
Newcastle fans are planning to boycott their first game of the season so are Arsenal fans going to boycott their first game of the season as well ?
No, the players are 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:39 am
Easy to have a pop at ST holders when you've maybe never had one, never go to that many games a season, can't get there because of logistics or even in some cases, dare I say it, you just don't go. Always easier for somebody else to start the movement, for somebody else to give up the ST or make a sacrifice and sit on the sidelines and moan about things. Some people have bothered their arses to get the ball rolling and have done it the right way to begin with so a big thank you to them. This either goes as a well supported push to unseat wiggy or fragments into finger pointing and the blame game.....I suggest we try and stick with the former to begin with at least.

ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they will be quick to get onto the club when this finally happens.

The number of people who purchase beer in the ground has always surprised me as that is an easy quick hit on matchday income. Likewise the new kit could be a quick hit but unfortunately you won't have much luck there with Adidas' return.

I don't think wiggy will be as stupid as to use the line that ST sales are stable as a defence to the statement about fans unease with his lack of commitment to the club but you never know. That will simply get thrown back in his face. Other than that I suggest some folk have a look at the make up of the club's annual income to see the split between matchday, tv and commercial income which will give you a better fix on the numbers.
fair play to season ticket holders and buyers of the new shirt, everyone free to do what they want, no issue with that, not for me though until the wigged parasite leaves, again thats my choice......

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The next plan should definitely be a boycott of say the first 20 minutes of a game or a mass walk out on 70 minutes. The visual effect of that would be spectacular and I reckon it would get a serious backing from the fan base.

Arsenal is my drug, I can't just give it up and walk away. I could never criticise anybody for buying a season ticket or going to games or buying merchandise simply because I would be incapable of doing nay of those things myself. For Christ sake I've been like a giggling schoolgirl on here since last October in anticipation of the Adidas shirts, wild horses couldn't stop me from buying those babies.

I live from match to match, season to season, result to result. Win, lose or draw I will always support the team, regardless of how little they may deserve it and fuck me there have been so many times they haven't down the years.

Yes, I will grumble and bitch and call the players every name under the sun and call out the manager and want him sacked and ridicule the board and curse the owner. But I just can't stop, I have to keep coming back for more, I'm just completely addicted. I keep chasing the high of the victory, the buzz of a goal, the sheer elation of a last gasp winner. Feed those 3 points straight into my veins and I'm tripping for the week. I fucking can't get enough if it. Nothing matches the range of emotions I get during those 90 minutes, it just can't be replicated anywhere else.

Football fans are mugs, and I'm one of the biggest.

herbert

Post by herbert »

The statement was good and Like Retro says a shot across the bows for Stan and his advisors

Being ever the optimist when it comes to football I am Hopefull that we do get a few new players in before the end of the transfer window
and that Dick in is 2nd season can push us in to the top 4 so for me any talk of boycotts should be saved until the season is underway
Stan ,Wenger ,Ivan ,modern Arsenal ,modern football bollox,akb Jcl wankers like me and anything else that is to blame for people finding it hard should be 2nd to getting behind the new manager and players at the start of the season IMHO

Zaha and Tierney both score in a 4-0 away win at Newcastle and then a boycott of the Burnley game the following week would be shit for Dick :lol:
Optomistic aint I :oops:

Stan can be got at without involving DIck and the team when we dont yet know who we line up with and what their performance levels will be like this season