KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by Gunner Rob »

herbert wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm
The statement was good and Like Retro says a shot across the bows for Stan and his advisors

Being ever the optimist when it comes to football I am Hopefull that we do get a few new players in before the end of the transfer window
and that Dick in is 2nd season can push us in to the top 4 so for me any talk of boycotts should be saved until the season is underway
Stan ,Wenger ,Ivan ,modern Arsenal ,modern football bollox,akb Jcl wankers like me and anything else that is to blame for people finding it hard should be 2nd to getting behind the new manager and players at the start of the season IMHO

Zaha and Tierney both score in a 4-0 away win at Newcastle and then a boycott of the Burnley game the following week would be shit for Dick :lol:
Optomistic aint I :oops:

Stan can be got at without involving DIck and the team when we dont yet know who we line up with and what their performance levels will be like this season
already you see you have been brainwashed into believing that the club can achieve no higher than a top 4 finish, whereas a few years ago you would have been on here optimistically thinking we could win the title.
in 5 years time you will no doubt be on here again hoping that we can get back in the Europa League.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:57 pm
already you see you have been brainwashed into believing that the club can achieve no higher than a top 4 finish, whereas a few years ago you would have been on here optimistically thinking we could win the title.
in 5 years time you will no doubt be on here again hoping that we can get back in the Europa League.
to be fair though Rob, City and Liverpool are two of the best teams in Europe, let alone England, and Liverpool were one game away from being invincible. neither team is likely to be worse this are they, so 3rd is the best we can hope for near term.

right now we are in an arms race as to who can spend the most money - and although i detest Wiggy and Arsenal PLC in general, i'm quite pleased we are trying to rebuild the club The Arsenal Way, by relying on youth and canny buys.

This letter although i fully support it, won't do a lot as Wiggy had the NFL team with the best record last year and they made it to the Superbowl. in the NHL his team made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. so in his eyes, his self sustaining model works.

to hurt him, we have to make 'the franchise' unprofitable for him long term. he doesn't care what we think or chant at him at the ground because he doesn't go.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
to be fair though Rob, City and Liverpool are two of the best teams in Europe, let alone England, and Liverpool were one game away from being invincible. neither team is likely to be worse this are they, so 3rd is the best we can hope for near term.

right now we are in an arms race as to who can spend the most money - and although i detest Wiggy and Arsenal PLC in general, i'm quite pleased we are trying to rebuild the club The Arsenal Way, by relying on youth and canny buys.

This letter although i fully support it, won't do a lot as Wiggy had the NFL team with the best record last year and they made it to the Superbowl. in the NHL his team made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. so in his eyes, his self sustaining model works.

to hurt him, we have to make 'the franchise' unprofitable for him long term. he doesn't care what we think or chant at him at the ground because he doesn't go.
Strikes me as the type of person who would actually enjoy it, and relish in the fact that he has power over so many peoples wishes, he won't give it a second thought.
Franchise, Brand image and accumulating MONEY these are his motivations.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:16 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Strikes me as the type of person who would actually enjoy it, and relish in the fact that he has power over so many peoples wishes, he won't give it a second thought.
Franchise, Brand image and accumulating MONEY these are his motivations.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Gunner Rob wrote:
herbert wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:39 pm
The statement was good and Like Retro says a shot across the bows for Stan and his advisors

Being ever the optimist when it comes to football I am Hopefull that we do get a few new players in before the end of the transfer window
and that Dick in is 2nd season can push us in to the top 4 so for me any talk of boycotts should be saved until the season is underway
Stan ,Wenger ,Ivan ,modern Arsenal ,modern football bollox,akb Jcl wankers like me and anything else that is to blame for people finding it hard should be 2nd to getting behind the new manager and players at the start of the season IMHO

Zaha and Tierney both score in a 4-0 away win at Newcastle and then a boycott of the Burnley game the following week would be shit for Dick :lol:
Optomistic aint I :oops:

Stan can be got at without involving DIck and the team when we dont yet know who we line up with and what their performance levels will be like this season
Brainwashed in to supporting Arsenal :lol: yeh by my fuking dad :box:

I toned it down to top 4 for all the pessimistic moaning barsewards on here :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:34 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:39 am
Easy to have a pop at ST holders when you've maybe never had one, never go to that many games a season, can't get there because of logistics or even in some cases, dare I say it, you just don't go. Always easier for somebody else to start the movement, for somebody else to give up the ST or make a sacrifice and sit on the sidelines and moan about things. Some people have bothered their arses to get the ball rolling and have done it the right way to begin with so a big thank you to them. This either goes as a well supported push to unseat wiggy or fragments into finger pointing and the blame game.....I suggest we try and stick with the former to begin with at least.

ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they will be quick to get onto the club when this finally happens.

The number of people who purchase beer in the ground has always surprised me as that is an easy quick hit on matchday income. Likewise the new kit could be a quick hit but unfortunately you won't have much luck there with Adidas' return.

I don't think wiggy will be as stupid as to use the line that ST sales are stable as a defence to the statement about fans unease with his lack of commitment to the club but you never know. That will simply get thrown back in his face. Other than that I suggest some folk have a look at the make up of the club's annual income to see the split between matchday, tv and commercial income which will give you a better fix on the numbers.
fair play to season ticket holders and buyers of the new shirt, everyone free to do what they want, no issue with that, not for me though until the wigged parasite leaves, again thats my choice......

Thank you - and that's the way it has to be because as rodders says above the Arsenal is some people's drug and they can't help themselves. I've renewed our 2 x ST, popped over to B Wood last week, have bought 2 tickets for the Emirates Cup and have just bought my boy the new home top. Apologies - none. I've followed the Arsenal for over 40 years so as far as I'm concerned I've been doing this shit for far longer than the wiggy cu.nt has been on the scene so I will pick and chose my battles as I see fit. However frustrating this shit is, I'm fully behind the team and will support the fan groups as they work out a way to go at wiggy. It's not going to happen overnight and I agree with retro that boycotts from the first home game isn't my preferred option but if that's the call then I'll support it.

Not sure about a 70 minute walk out - isn't that the norm for a few and just 5 minutes earlier for many others. Would anybody notice the difference :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 am
The next plan should definitely be a boycott of say the first 20 minutes of a game or a mass walk out on 70 minutes. The visual effect of that would be spectacular and I reckon it would get a serious backing from the fan base.

Arsenal is my drug, I can't just give it up and walk away. I could never criticise anybody for buying a season ticket or going to games or buying merchandise simply because I would be incapable of doing nay of those things myself. For Christ sake I've been like a giggling schoolgirl on here since last October in anticipation of the Adidas shirts, wild horses couldn't stop me from buying those babies.

I live from match to match, season to season, result to result. Win, lose or draw I will always support the team, regardless of how little they may deserve it and fuck me there have been so many times they haven't down the years.

Yes, I will grumble and bitch and call the players every name under the sun and call out the manager and want him sacked and ridicule the board and curse the owner. But I just can't stop, I have to keep coming back for more, I'm just completely addicted. I keep chasing the high of the victory, the buzz of a goal, the sheer elation of a last gasp winner. Feed those 3 points straight into my veins and I'm tripping for the week. I fucking can't get enough if it. Nothing matches the range of emotions I get during those 90 minutes, it just can't be replicated anywhere else.

Football fans are mugs, and I'm one of the biggest.

Well said. I understand every word and I too am a football mug.....albeit maybe not as big a mug as you :wink: :lol: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

To be fair clockender, you are comparing apples to oranges when you are talking about football and nfl - the nfl is run by a salary cap system where every club has the same salary budget, therefore the wiggy Ba.stard doesn't have to invest money to catch up on other clubs. His purchase of AFC seems very short sighted cos making money is dependent on the club doing well and being marketable to sponsors and fans, and clearly that ain't the case at the mo. To increase the value/worth of his club/investment he needs to spend and that not going to happen. I don't think he realises how quickly a club can be deemed irrelevant in today's sporting world

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Josh wants to win trophies and silverware :barscarf:

What's the difference? Fuck knows but Josh wants to win em all baby, and I 100% belive him and not for one minute do I think he's talking absolute BOLLOCKS.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm
The lizard's son has spoken -

https://www.arsenal.com/news/our-ambiti ... d-trophies

"When my father speaks, he speaks on behalf of the family and me" - when he speaks ? Don't you mean IF the c.unt speaks ?? :roll: :banghead: :banghead: :censored: :censored:

I really hate when club owners and employees talk about maintaining the Arsenal Tradition - for me this is an excuse for not splashing the cash cos it is something the club has never done. Personally I blame the fans whose morality and principles say that they were rather not be a club like citeeh or the chavs who throw money around like confetti - as vulgar and disgusting as us old timers see it, the reality is that in modern football you either splash the cash or be left behind, and I would rather cast those principles aside

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm
The lizard's son has spoken -

https://www.arsenal.com/news/our-ambiti ... d-trophies
Josh Kroenke is Gazidis' kid?! :shock:

That explains a lot. :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Easy to have a pop at ST holders when you've maybe never had one, never go to that many games a season, can't get there because of logistics or even in some cases, dare I say it, you just don't go. Always easier for somebody else to start the movement, for somebody else to give up the ST or make a sacrifice and sit on the sidelines and moan about things. Some people have bothered their arses to get the ball rolling and have done it the right way to begin with so a big thank you to them. This either goes as a well supported push to unseat wiggy or fragments into finger pointing and the blame game.....I suggest we try and stick with the former to begin with at least.

ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they will be quick to get onto the club when this finally happens.

The number of people who purchase beer in the ground has always surprised me as that is an easy quick hit on matchday income. Likewise the new kit could be a quick hit but unfortunately you won't have much luck there with Adidas' return.

I don't think wiggy will be as stupid as to use the line that ST sales are stable as a defence to the statement about fans unease with his lack of commitment to the club but you never know. That will simply get thrown back in his face. Other than that I suggest some folk have a look at the make up of the club's annual income to see the split between matchday, tv and commercial income which will give you a better fix on the numbers.
That's a valid point. Giving up your season ticket in protest means nothing as there are another 15,000 on a waiting list that will snap it up. I had a season ticket for 10 seasons, reluctantly gave it up for personal reasons 5 years ago, haven't had a sniff of one since.
Not turning up when you have already paid is pointless. It's really the silver and red members that can have the financial impact by boycotting one big grade A match. Only have the season ticket holders in attendance will send a clearer mesaage then not renewing, especially if during that match they protest against the board together.
Petitions are a good way of raising the point but what impact do they ultimately have?
Another way of protest is to engage with our "cousins" franchises under KSE and get them to join the protest. Especially, if they are being treated the same way. Although, my understanding is that the NFL, usa soccer and hockey are structured in a totally different way when it comes to investment in the teams, which ultimately could be the reason why the club is being run as it currently is. They are running the club in the american sports franchise model, when in reality it is a totally different beast.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

That's a valid point. Giving up your season ticket in protest means nothing as there are another 15,000 on a waiting list that will snap it up. I had a season ticket for 10 seasons, reluctantly gave it up for personal reasons 5 years ago, haven't had a sniff of one since.
Not turning up when you have already paid is pointless. It's really the silver and red members that can have the financial impact by boycotting one big grade A match. Only have the season ticket holders in attendance will send a clearer mesaage then not renewing, especially if during that match they protest against the board together.
Petitions are a good way of raising the point but what impact do they ultimately have?
Another way of protest is to engage with our "cousins" franchises under KSE and get them to join the protest. Especially, if they are being treated the same way. Although, my understanding is that the NFL, usa soccer and hockey are structured in a totally different way when it comes to investment in the teams, which ultimately could be the reason why the club is being run as it currently is. They are running the club in the american sports franchise model, when in reality it is a totally different beast.

I see what you are saying mate but I am quite happy to have paid and not go if there is a boycott. It will be down to ST holders not to put their tickets on the ticket exchange thereby making them available to others (and get paid!!) AND red/silver members not to take up availalble tickets. Even then there is no guarantee that some folk won't pass up the chance of a ticket if they can't usually get hold of one. As a ST holder I'd like to think that enough of us can afford to take the hit for a few matches to ensure empty seats when it gets to that point - which I would guess is pretty inevitable.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Fucker thinks we are stupid......gloves off :box:

https://twitter.com/search?q=arsenal+le ... r%5Esearch