KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:39 am
Easy to have a pop at ST holders when you've maybe never had one, never go to that many games a season, can't get there because of logistics or even in some cases, dare I say it, you just don't go. Always easier for somebody else to start the movement, for somebody else to give up the ST or make a sacrifice and sit on the sidelines and moan about things. Some people have bothered their arses to get the ball rolling and have done it the right way to begin with so a big thank you to them. This either goes as a well supported push to unseat wiggy or fragments into finger pointing and the blame game.....I suggest we try and stick with the former to begin with at least.

ST holders will no doubt play a part in what is to come because when a boycott of matches is proposed then we can ensure that seats are empty and not resold or made available to local schools etc. Remember how quickly empty seats did for TOF.....that is something that sponsors don't like and they will be quick to get onto the club when this finally happens.

The number of people who purchase beer in the ground has always surprised me as that is an easy quick hit on matchday income. Likewise the new kit could be a quick hit but unfortunately you won't have much luck there with Adidas' return.

I don't think wiggy will be as stupid as to use the line that ST sales are stable as a defence to the statement about fans unease with his lack of commitment to the club but you never know. That will simply get thrown back in his face. Other than that I suggest some folk have a look at the make up of the club's annual income to see the split between matchday, tv and commercial income which will give you a better fix on the numbers.
That's a valid point. Giving up your season ticket in protest means nothing as there are another 15,000 on a waiting list that will snap it up. I had a season ticket for 10 seasons, reluctantly gave it up for personal reasons 5 years ago, haven't had a sniff of one since.
Not turning up when you have already paid is pointless. It's really the silver and red members that can have the financial impact by boycotting one big grade A match. Only have the season ticket holders in attendance will send a clearer mesaage then not renewing, especially if during that match they protest against the board together.
Petitions are a good way of raising the point but what impact do they ultimately have?
Another way of protest is to engage with our "cousins" franchises under KSE and get them to join the protest. Especially, if they are being treated the same way. Although, my understanding is that the NFL, usa soccer and hockey are structured in a totally different way when it comes to investment in the teams, which ultimately could be the reason why the club is being run as it currently is. They are running the club in the american sports franchise model, when in reality it is a totally different beast.

Why is it pointless ? Are you not willing to sacrifice one or two games for the greater good of our club ? If the fans make a genuine stand and are willing to boycott a game, I will rent them off you and leave them idle so you won't be out of pocket for those games, if that will be easier for you ?

augie

Post by augie »

For maximum effect, any boycott should be organised (if possible) for a game that is on tv - for starters it will globally highlight the anger of the fans, and secondly it would allow those leaving their seats empty to watch the game on the box 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

double double
Last edited by clockender1 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm
To be fair clockender, you are comparing apples to oranges when you are talking about football and nfl - the nfl is run by a salary cap system where every club has the same salary budget, therefore the wiggy Ba.stard doesn't have to invest money to catch up on other clubs. His purchase of AFC seems very short sighted cos making money is dependent on the club doing well and being marketable to sponsors and fans, and clearly that ain't the case at the mo. To increase the value/worth of his club/investment he needs to spend and that not going to happen. I don't think he realises how quickly a club can be deemed irrelevant in today's sporting world
that's true Augie, but the teams salary cap does not include coaches or support staff or facilities - its not a coincidence that only one team - The Patriots have dominated the NFL despite that salary cap and all players being originally drafted. plus the salary cap is notional - Tom Brady for example will be still getting paid into the late 2020's, as they just spread it out longer.

i think he treats us just like a stock, sometimes we will be the star of his stock portfolio, other times we will be the dog. its his hobby like the wine business - his main wealth earner is Real Estate, so in short i don't think he will sell us anytime soon regardless of whether we make money or not.

to get him out we'd have to be hemorrhaging enough money to affect his other franchises.

Unlike FSG he's not in it to win it. fucker. :banghead:

as someone said earlier - the damage was done letting him in.
Last edited by clockender1 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

The only thing that might shift these c u n t s is an aggressive campaign against them, both on social media and in person whenever the opportunity arises.

xxx xxx xxx xxxxxxx xxxx.

These c u n t s need to be made feel very uncomfortable when attending any Arsenal related event!!
Unfortunately I won’t be taking part, because I’m long past caring enough to do anything other than have a good old moan :D

Edited by DB10. Sid we cannot incite direct action that involves anything that a court might (rightly or wrongky) construe as violence. This forum would be shut down in a blink of an eye mate.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:44 pm
Fucker thinks we are stupid......gloves off :box:

https://twitter.com/search?q=arsenal+le ... r%5Esearch
yeah VCC is so dear to their hearts they took it off the Crest and replaced with a cartoon.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

its a shame that the Rams aren't playing in London anytime soon - a few hundred Wiggy Out cards might make a splash Stateside.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:54 pm

This letter although i fully support it, won't do a lot as Wiggy had the NFL team with the best record last year and they made it to the Superbowl. in the NHL his team made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. so in his eyes, his self sustaining model works.

to hurt him, we have to make 'the franchise' unprofitable for him long term. he doesn't care what we think or chant at him at the ground because he doesn't go.
The Rapids which like Arsenal are a 'soccer' team and like Arsenal play 2nd fiddle to the Rams finished 2nd from bottom last season and in the previous two seasons they also finished there.

Not having a go at you because your point is from his wiggy perspective, but I do hear fans saying oh look the Rams got to the Superbowl as if that means Arsenal will do well under KSE, look at any of his other 'franchises' and it's a different story, surely it is more realistic to compare with the Rapids than the Rams.

In any case I just don't see how you can focus properly with so many different investments, one gets priority and it's pretty obvious that one isn't us!.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Been tied up today and unable to post on here until now.

Just to keep myself out of trouble ....I need to stress that "Kroenke Out" is not the amalgam of fans groups talking, it was me ! :lol: That is NOT the official line, or group name and perhaps I inadvertently gave you fellas a bum steer :oops: . Still, quite happy to see it on this thread title.

To address the comments that have been made, we need to be considered and strategically minded. One look at this thread will clearly show you that the range of opinions is from Redarmy on one extreme, through Augie, Gooner Rob, DB, Jock and Herbert at the other extreme. Every one of those opinions is valid and when all said and done they are exactly that....opinions. The job is to keep the likes of Red and Herbert on the same page and we need to make sensible (but certainly not weak) decisions, that don't alienate supporters anywhere on that spectrum. I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that it's an impossible task, but we need to keep the vast majority of fans behind the campaign and the response so far has been overwhelming.

By nature, I'm where Augie is, but we have to use our loaf and realise that this is a long game and we have to be seen to give the Club the opportunity to listen to what we say and to make improvements. Do I believe that's gonna happen...nope, not for an instant, but to go in with all guns blazing, trying to boycott early season games, walking out, having demonstrations etc etc, will likely prove counter productive if done too early. Someone mentioned the Geordies have 12,000 unsold STs or something, but bear in mind that they've been hounding Ashley for literally years, so didn't exactly reach that point overnight. Btw, before anyone leaps on it, I'm not suggesting we sit around for years....we've already done enough of that ! We just need to be measured now that the ball is rolling.

Personally, I'm expecting fuck all to excite us in the transfer window and have grave misgivings about the upcoming season and I very much doubt I'm alone. So, the season is likely to kick off with the fans in a poor mood and come Oct, when we're sure to be already confirmed as also rans, the mood is gonna be foul. The campaign aims to be testing the temperature of that mood, to stoke the grievances and to up the ante re protests, boycotts and more, when the timing is right. It's far from an exact science, but stay on side chaps, because showing a unified front is all we've got and it ain't gonna be a quick job.

KROENKE OUT !! (Yes, that's me :lol: ).

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:36 pm

I really hate when club owners and employees talk about maintaining the Arsenal Tradition - for me this is an excuse for not splashing the cash cos it is something the club has never done. Personally I blame the fans whose morality and principles say that they were rather not be a club like citeeh or the chavs who throw money around like confetti - as vulgar and disgusting as us old timers see it, the reality is that in modern football you either splash the cash or be left behind, and I would rather cast those principles aside
This 100% but I've also heard some Arsenal fans come out with this drivel in the past, funnily enough I haven't heard much of this in the last 3-4 years, very odd that. :roll:

The one's who held that stupid banner for example about 10 years ago, 'love Arsenal, hate Usmanov', those idiots really should hang their heads in shame, they'll never admit they were wrong they'll just go quiet on this issue, which is exactly what happened over the last few years.

I bet a couple of them were those two prats on untold-arsenal.com.

:rubchin:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I'm useless at this stuff, but here's the links to the website and the twitter page. IW8goalmachine posted requesting it last night, but I only saw his post today. This is the first chance I've had. Please go to the website and find the link to the petition and sign it.

I'm beyond crap at this stuff, so hope the links work. :oops: If not, look it up yourselves, ya lazy bastards !! :lol:

https://www.wecaredoyou.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeCareDoYou?src=hash

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:56 am
The next plan should definitely be a boycott of say the first 20 minutes of a game or a mass walk out on 70 minutes. The visual effect of that would be spectacular and I reckon it would get a serious backing from the fan base.

Arsenal is my drug, I can't just give it up and walk away. I could never criticise anybody for buying a season ticket or going to games or buying merchandise simply because I would be incapable of doing nay of those things myself. For Christ sake I've been like a giggling schoolgirl on here since last October in anticipation of the Adidas shirts, wild horses couldn't stop me from buying those babies.

I live from match to match, season to season, result to result. Win, lose or draw I will always support the team, regardless of how little they may deserve it and fuck me there have been so many times they haven't down the years.

Yes, I will grumble and bitch and call the players every name under the sun and call out the manager and want him sacked and ridicule the board and curse the owner. But I just can't stop, I have to keep coming back for more, I'm just completely addicted. I keep chasing the high of the victory, the buzz of a goal, the sheer elation of a last gasp winner. Feed those 3 points straight into my veins and I'm tripping for the week. I fucking can't get enough if it. Nothing matches the range of emotions I get during those 90 minutes, it just can't be replicated anywhere else.

Football fans are mugs, and I'm one of the biggest.

By the way, this was a blinding post by Rodders. Most of us know the feeling....addicted to The Arsenal and just like a heroin addict, you know it's killing you, but there's fuck all you can do ! :(

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

This lying parasitic cuntbag

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... pset-fans/

He actually has the gall to say:

"Anyone who knows me will tell you how passionate I am about Arsenal. I’m over there as much as I can be, and so is my father. "

Josh Kroenke

Fuckthe FUCKOFF you pair of cuntwhores.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:54 pm
I'm useless at this stuff, but here's the links to the website and the twitter page. IW8goalmachine posted requesting it last night, but I only saw his post today. This is the first chance I've had. Please go to the website and find the link to the petition and sign it.

I'm beyond crap at this stuff, so hope the links work. :oops: If not, look it up yourselves, ya lazy bastards !! :lol:

https://www.wecaredoyou.co.uk/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WeCareDoYou?src=hash
cheers Retro

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Been tied up today and unable to post on here until now.

Just to keep myself out of trouble ....I need to stress that "Kroenke Out" is not the amalgam of fans groups talking, it was me ! :lol: That is NOT the official line, or group name and perhaps I inadvertently gave you fellas a bum steer :oops: . Still, quite happy to see it on this thread title.

To address the comments that have been made, we need to be considered and strategically minded. One look at this thread will clearly show you that the range of opinions is from Redarmy on one extreme, through Augie, Gooner Rob, DB, Jock and Herbert at the other extreme. Every one of those opinions is valid and when all said and done they are exactly that....opinions. The job is to keep the likes of Red and Herbert on the same page and we need to make sensible (but certainly not weak) decisions, that don't alienate supporters anywhere on that spectrum. I'm old enough and ugly enough to know that it's an impossible task, but we need to keep the vast majority of fans behind the campaign and the response so far has been overwhelming.

By nature, I'm where Augie is, but we have to use our loaf and realise that this is a long game and we have to be seen to give the Club the opportunity to listen to what we say and to make improvements. Do I believe that's gonna happen...nope, not for an instant, but to go in with all guns blazing, trying to boycott early season games, walking out, having demonstrations etc etc, will likely prove counter productive if done too early. Someone mentioned the Geordies have 12,000 unsold STs or something, but bear in mind that they've been hounding Ashley for literally years, so didn't exactly reach that point overnight. Btw, before anyone leaps on it, I'm not suggesting we sit around for years....we've already done enough of that ! We just need to be measured now that the ball is rolling.

Personally, I'm expecting fuck all to excite us in the transfer window and have grave misgivings about the upcoming season and I very much doubt I'm alone. So, the season is likely to kick off with the fans in a poor mood and come Oct, when we're sure to be already confirmed as also rans, the mood is gonna be foul. The campaign aims to be testing the temperature of that mood, to stoke the grievances and to up the ante re protests, boycotts and more, when the timing is right. It's far from an exact science, but stay on side chaps, because showing a unified front is all we've got and it ain't gonna be a quick job.

KROENKE OUT !! (Yes, that's me :lol: ).
This is key. It is essential we do not get written off as a bunch of crackpots early doors. There has to be a strategic approach (at least to begin with) in allowing the club to demonstrate that they are listening to what is being said and that they are seen to react positively. As you say, they won't so then we get to ramp things up slowly but surely which the media will love and the sponsors will hate. I would love to go straight to the end game to save time but that will not win us any friends along the way.

I was going to say that as Arsenal we do things the right way but I think that quality belongs to the fans now not the club.....none of these fuck.ers have an ounce of class between them. The Arsenal way from the club's perspective got thrown out the window courtesy of dein, fiszman, edelweiss, bracewell and co when they conspired between them to cash in be it to the septic or usmanov