ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:55 pm
I know the original poster wasn't comparing like for like between Wrighty and Zahagash but a few are comparing the situation. Incorrectly. Wrighty came to the pro game late and anyone watching him at Palace could see he was top top class.

Zahagash has been given every opportunity and failed and has been anywhere from shit to average to the odd moment of brilliance at Palace. But mostly shit to average.

Fuck no. FUCK NO. BUY DEFENDERS FFS. :banghead:
Agreed Wright was and IMO an Arsenal legend, amazing player, loved him to bits, what a rapport he had with the fans, and he truly loved the club
only similarity with Zaha is they may both tread the same path, thats about it really, but at £70 million or whatever...when we urgently need replacements in other areas ....you would seriously have to question Emery's judgement...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
I know the original poster wasn't comparing like for like between Wrighty and Zahagash but a few are comparing the situation. Incorrectly. Wrighty came to the pro game late and anyone watching him at Palace could see he was top top class.

Zahagash has been given every opportunity and failed and has been anywhere from shit to average to the odd moment of brilliance at Palace. But mostly shit to average.

Agreed Wright was and IMO an Arsenal legend, amazing player, loved him to bits, what a rapport he had with the fans, and he truly loved the club
only similarity with Zaha is they may both tread the same path, thats about it really, but at £70 million or whatever...when we urgently need replacements in other areas ....you would seriously have to question Emery's judgement...
Exactly. That player at that price for that role? If you have your team built and have money left over yeah fine take a punt on him but not when we have a defence that actively costs us games and finals and needs rebuilding. It would be another black mark against Dick tbh.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:00 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Exactly. That player at that price for that role? If you have your team built and have money left over yeah fine take a punt on him but not when we have a defence that actively costs us games and finals and needs rebuilding. It would be another black mark against Dick tbh.

He'd rather win 4 - 3 than 1 - 0 remember :lol:

Not that Zaha achieves that :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal are close to signing Gremio's Brazilian forward Everton, 23, for 40m euros (£39.5m). (Marca - in Spanish)

The Gunners are hopeful of completing a loan deal for Real Madrid and Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 22. (Goal)

Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave the club, with Arsenal interested in the 26-year-old. (Sky Sports)

Palace are considering a bid for Arsenal's full-back Carl Jenkinson, 27, as they seek a replacement for fellow Englishman Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who left for Manchester United. (Star)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:46 pm
Now if we had some fully stocked high performing team and wanted to take a punt on Zahagash ok fair enough. But we have a limited budget and a defence so shit it loses us games ffs. Let's address what we need to address.
agreed. if he was a on a free, then its worth a gamble.

as it is, we'd be gambling that his erratic performances were down to poor management & squads at united and palace.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:15 pm
Arsenal are close to signing Gremio's Brazilian forward Everton, 23, for 40m euros (£39.5m). (Marca - in Spanish)

The Gunners are hopeful of completing a loan deal for Real Madrid and Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 22. (Goal)

Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha has told Crystal Palace he wants to leave the club, with Arsenal interested in the 26-year-old. (Sky Sports)

Palace are considering a bid for Arsenal's full-back Carl Jenkinson, 27, as they seek a replacement for fellow Englishman Aaron Wan-Bissaka, who left for Manchester United. (Star)

Somebody needs to tell me what foreign exchange place is offering almost £1 for €1 cos I will have some of that 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

In all seriousness, I will agree with DB10 when he says that our (limited) transfer kitty should be used almost entirely on our defence, and I also agree 100% that Zaha is waaaaay overpriced, but I don't think that he is as shit as he (and a few others think). The reality is that at present we have lard arse, the Armenian pussy and an out of position auba filling the wing spots in our 4-3-3 system, and I know that the bar is set low, but Zaha is an upgrade for the wingers spot. Zaha did indeed fail at manure as a young player, but then so too did players like pique who moved on and never looked back - I'm not claiming that Zaha is at that level yet, but I am saying that until he plays for a big club at the top level, we will never know if he is good enough to play for a top club (or us :wink: ). Nelson, as much as we all want to be given a proper run in the team, he is still unproven and was a bench warmer for most of last season in an average german team.

If money wasnt such a big problem for us, and if we didnt have as many glaring defensive issues as we do, then I would have no problem if the club paid somewhere between £50m-£60m for zaha - he wouldnt be my first choice, but when you look at the type of money being spent to buy the likes of the palace full back, lard arse lukaku, and maguire from leicester, then £50m-£60m isnt that severe tbf

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
Unless these big, big signings involve the name Neymar, than they really are not that big a signing.

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for him as he's no doubt he's a talented player but Brazil winning the Copa, without him, and PSG willing to unload him leaves him at a point where he could fade into obscurity or do what Maradona did when he left Barcelona for Napoli, won then the UEFA Cup and league title. Wouldn't it be great if that was The Arsenal.
How is it up there on your planet with all the other Clangers :lol:
When I hear talk about big big players being signed I think of Bergkamp, Overmars, Henry, Arshavin and Ozil. Top drawer world class talent. There is a scarcity of world class players, Neymar is a bonafide world class player. None of the players we are linked to come anywhere near the "big, big" signings I'd expect to go with that moniker. I know we won't sign Neymar, (although given he's been linked to united I don't see why not, they're in the same boat as us), then I don't want to hear that phrase being used as a carrott. Zaha is not a "big big" signing, he's adequate at best.
If I was in Kroenke shoes, I'd dip my hands in my pockets and get Neymar on loan for one season, just to distract the moaning masses and see all the shirt sales with his name on the back rocket through the roof. Totally not what the club needs but a bit of glamour and a sprinkle of stardust cheers everyone up.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

^

I'd say Sanchez was the bigger signing then all those you have listed apart from Bergkamp and possibly Henry.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think that of we sign the Brazilian then Aubamayang is off to Mufc to balance the books.
I further think that we intend to patch up the defense with what we have got already.
Our forwards need service something they rarely got,zaha could be the answer but not at 70 million unless we can add players to the mix .
What worries me more than anything is our seeming inability to offload miki,mustafi,and the rest of the wenger wage theives which for me includes Ozil.
It would appear Emry hasn't been able to rid himself of his nemesis and has opted to try again with him,but I'm not confident of the outcome.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
Unless these big, big signings involve the name Neymar, than they really are not that big a signing.

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for him as he's no doubt he's a talented player but Brazil winning the Copa, without him, and PSG willing to unload him leaves him at a point where he could fade into obscurity or do what Maradona did when he left Barcelona for Napoli, won then the UEFA Cup and league title. Wouldn't it be great if that was The Arsenal.
How is it up there on your planet with all the other Clangers :lol:
When I hear talk about big big players being signed I think of Bergkamp, Overmars, Henry, Arshavin and Ozil. Top drawer world class talent. There is a scarcity of world class players, Neymar is a bonafide world class player. None of the players we are linked to come anywhere near the "big, big" signings I'd expect to go with that moniker. I know we won't sign Neymar, (although given he's been linked to united I don't see why not, they're in the same boat as us), then I don't want to hear that phrase being used as a carrott. Zaha is not a "big big" signing, he's adequate at best.
If I was in Kroenke shoes, I'd dip my hands in my pockets and get Neymar on loan for one season, just to distract the moaning masses and see all the shirt sales with his name on the back rocket through the roof. Totally not what the club needs but a bit of glamour and a sprinkle of stardust cheers everyone up.

Who hasn't set a shit French league alight since going there, and who has been outshone by team-mates in every big European club he has played for :roll: Personally I have long believed that neymar is over-rated (probably cos he is brazilian) - he did well in a barca team alongside messi and suarez, but ffs sturidge did well in the victims 3 alongside suarez and sterling a few years ago, and he has been no better than average ever since :roll: I know that if I was an opposition manager gameplanning for that barca team that neymar was in, my instructions would have been mark messi, stick tight on suarez, press xavi and ineista, and maybe then I would focus on neymar - what I am saying is that neymar enjoyed a lot of freedom in a team where his team-mates were taking most of the oppositions attention
Tbh I think I would rather sign zaha than neymar :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

Herd wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 am
I think that of we sign the Brazilian then Aubamayang is off to Mufc to balance the books.
I further think that we intend to patch up the defense with what we have got already.
Our forwards need service something they rarely got,zaha could be the answer but not at 70 million unless we can add players to the mix .
What worries me more than anything is our seeming inability to offload miki,mustafi,and the rest of the wenger wage theives which for me includes Ozil.
It would appear Emry hasn't been able to rid himself of his nemesis and has opted to try again with him,but I'm not confident of the outcome.

This is the drum I have been beating for weeks now - yes we need to sell to generate funds, but also players of that ilk will stink a dressing room out if they aint getting what they view as enough gametime :roll: For his own control of the dressing room as anything else, dick needs those c.unts out the door asap

A lot of comments in the media defy logic sometimes, but fcuk me Charlie nick's constant calls for wenger to be brought as to be a transfer guru takes some beating - this is a French cock whose performance in the transfer market in recent seasons has been nothing short of woeful, and whose continual dithering has led to a continued media piss take of the "arsene wenger almost signed team" :oops: :oops:
FFS have a word with yourself charlie :cussing: :cussing:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 am
yes, agreed worryingly of the problem ones only really Lichensteiner left, who strangely is without a club :rubchin:

Ramsey, Wellbeck, Ospina and Cech being the others of which we received around £3 million

Herd

Post by Herd »

I have hated cocaine Charlie since may 26 1989 when he sai he stated that he wanted Liverpool to win the league . He is a twat of the highest order and next to him merson is a genius .

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:03 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:15 pm

Somebody needs to tell me what foreign exchange place is offering almost £1 for €1 cos I will have some of that 8) :barscarf: :barscarf: :wink:
Thought you'd have had enough of those pounds when we bailed you pikeys out the last time :roll: :lol: