Preseason Friendly Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Preseason Friendly Thread

Post by rodders999 »

Mustafi as fucking shit as ever :banghead:

If that c.unt is still here after the window closes I’ll go fucking mental. Absolute skid mark.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Oh look a few good results in preseaon, it's time to take down the Kroenke banners and w@nk about winning stuff again.

:roll: :twisted:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I actually don’t think we need any signings, we’re fucking lording it.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Xhaka’s got the armband, gonna need to increase my alcohol intake drastically.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 pm

If that c.unt is still here after the window closes I’ll go fucking mental. Absolute skid mark.

In recent years I see a pathetic habit in football where a player gets tagged as shit/ a calamity, then everyone (especially the meeja) pounce on every little mistake and crucify the guy ……….. that was not the case with mustafi last night cos he was horrendous :censored: Panic radiated around him, the opposition clearly targetted him, and I still say that he is one of the worst centre backs in the air that I have ever seen (especially from those long aimless punts by the opposition keeper) :roll: :oops:

Talking of horrendous, monreal and the armenian pussy HAVE TO GO - monreal gifted them 2 glorious chances in the first half when he basically shit his pants when the ball came to him, and he passed it to their striker :roll: Positionally he was all over the place in the back 3, and if he plays this season, then the sight of him running around like a demented fool with his hand in the air claiming for unknown free kicks, will be an all too regular an occurance :roll: Mikki is shit - everything he done turned to shit. If he hangs around he will be in the way and get in the way of the development of players like nelson, saka etc.

Talking of the younger kids, the wingers I mentioned looked lively at times, but in essence delivered fcuk all. Eddie will get the headlines for the 2 goals, but his performance was hit and miss imo - his link up play was absolutely shocking, but his pace in behind scared their defence shitless. His second goal my dead grandmother could have scored, but the first one he scored great calmness and slotted it away well. The 2 kids in centre mid were absolutely steamrollered in the first half although burton was brave and always looked to get on the ball. Martinez in goal made a number of saves, but none were saves that you wouldnt expect him to make

Imo chambers was motm although he wasnt flawless either - he read the game well, was very composed at the back, and was physical when he needed to be. I would like to see him get a chance with us after having a good season at fulham last season, but I dont think it will happen. He played centre back last night and it seems that in a team overloaded with midfielders, centre back is his best hope of gametime

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm
The thing is, who would you give it to? The crisis with this squad, no one can be THE leader. If it was to me, I'd give it to Papa. I would consider Auba/Laca but these two either don't play the full 90 or one starts from the bench. If I had to, keep Granit as vice so he doesn't get pissed off.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I would think pissing him off would be a good Idea .
1 it might buck his ideas up
2 He might put in a transfer request.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:38 pm

Arsenal 3 vs Fioretina 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxbzw3H7EDI

and Yup! Mustafi is ABSOLUTE SHYTE - He is not even good enough for Sunday Pub League - Him and the rest of the Defence are SO BAD. :cry: :cry: :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rian1 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:01 am
rodders999 wrote:
The thing is, who would you give it to? The crisis with this squad, no one can be THE leader. If it was to me, I'd give it to Papa. I would consider Auba/Laca but these two either don't play the full 90 or one starts from the bench. If I had to, keep Granit as vice so he doesn't get pissed off.
Yeah Sokrites would also be my first choice, after that I’d actually give it to Bellerin. I think the responsibility of the armband would see him play in a less cavalier way and actually improve him as a player big time. Think the captaincy would suit him.

You’re right in saying the team is devoid of leaders but under absolutely no fucking circumstances should the Swiss turd ever be captain, the prick shouldn’t even be at the club.

augie

Post by augie »

I should also say that our only signing thus far (martinelli) missed a glorious chance to score with a few minutes to go, but it was a chance that he created for himself - he did really well skipping past the centre back, raced through on goal, and slipped his shot barely past the right hand post. If you wanted to be harsh you could say that he should have scored, but he is still a rookie kid and was really confident to take on the defender and was in hard luck imo

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I'm not posting any link to the scum on here but ffs take a look at Szczesny covering himself in glory to throw away a draw :roll:

Spunky at the Parc des Princes 1995 anyone :oops:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:35 pm
I'm not posting any link to the scum on here but ffs take a look at Szczesny covering himself in glory to throw away a draw :roll:

Spunky at the Parc des Princes 1995 anyone :oops:
Honestly, what is this shit with that club and that illiterate, ugly *word censored*? I've just seen some shit on the BBC asking whether he's the new Nayim? Is that not the biggest wind-up anti-Arsenal shit ever? No, the cúnt is the new Phil Stamp or Vladamir Kinder or Mark Stein or Steve Lomas or Neil Shipperley because they've won fuck all too.
He ain't no Anders Limpar because he was smacking them in from the half way line 27 years ago but nobody wants to talk about him. Fucking fuck off.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Yea we don't want that happening, we really can't afford for him to play badly :? :?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

tickets on General Sale for tomorrow - $200 to sit near the pitch or $60 in the Gods :lol:

football fans are not as gullible as NFL fans - especially when its on TV FFS.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:05 am
Rian1 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Yea we don't want that happening, we really can't afford for him to play badly :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: