ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
Unless these big, big signings involve the name Neymar, than they really are not that big a signing.

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for him as he's no doubt he's a talented player but Brazil winning the Copa, without him, and PSG willing to unload him leaves him at a point where he could fade into obscurity or do what Maradona did when he left Barcelona for Napoli, won then the UEFA Cup and league title. Wouldn't it be great if that was The Arsenal.
How is it up there on your planet with all the other Clangers :lol:
When I hear talk about big big players being signed I think of Bergkamp, Overmars, Henry, Arshavin and Ozil. Top drawer world class talent. There is a scarcity of world class players, Neymar is a bonafide world class player. None of the players we are linked to come anywhere near the "big, big" signings I'd expect to go with that moniker. I know we won't sign Neymar, (although given he's been linked to united I don't see why not, they're in the same boat as us), then I don't want to hear that phrase being used as a carrott. Zaha is not a "big big" signing, he's adequate at best.
If I was in Kroenke shoes, I'd dip my hands in my pockets and get Neymar on loan for one season, just to distract the moaning masses and see all the shirt sales with his name on the back rocket through the roof. Totally not what the club needs but a bit of glamour and a sprinkle of stardust cheers everyone up.
Not doubting neymars quality (is is also the best spring board diver in the world) but your suggestion that we would be in any position to sign, not a chance, we couldn't afford to sign any of his unborn offspring ffs :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

SSN-

Hodgson unaware of Zaha exit request

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he is unaware of Wilfried Zaha telling the club he wants to leave and expects him to stay.

^^^
I like this and want to believe it.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Midz wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:29 pm
SSN-

Hodgson unaware of Zaha exit request

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he is unaware of Wilfried Zaha telling the club he wants to leave and expects him to stay.

^^^
I like this and want to believe it.
Is that the same roy Hodgson who was unaware of Harry Kane's goal threat from corners during Euro 2016? The only rational explanation for him taking corners rather than being in the box having the opportunity to finish them off.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:47 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 am
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 pm
Unless these big, big signings involve the name Neymar, than they really are not that big a signing.

It would be interesting to see how things pan out for him as he's no doubt he's a talented player but Brazil winning the Copa, without him, and PSG willing to unload him leaves him at a point where he could fade into obscurity or do what Maradona did when he left Barcelona for Napoli, won then the UEFA Cup and league title. Wouldn't it be great if that was The Arsenal.
How is it up there on your planet with all the other Clangers :lol:
When I hear talk about big big players being signed I think of Bergkamp, Overmars, Henry, Arshavin and Ozil. Top drawer world class talent. There is a scarcity of world class players, Neymar is a bonafide world class player. None of the players we are linked to come anywhere near the "big, big" signings I'd expect to go with that moniker. I know we won't sign Neymar, (although given he's been linked to united I don't see why not, they're in the same boat as us), then I don't want to hear that phrase being used as a carrott. Zaha is not a "big big" signing, he's adequate at best.
If I was in Kroenke shoes, I'd dip my hands in my pockets and get Neymar on loan for one season, just to distract the moaning masses and see all the shirt sales with his name on the back rocket through the roof. Totally not what the club needs but a bit of glamour and a sprinkle of stardust cheers everyone up.
Not doubting neymars quality (is is also the best spring board diver in the world) but your suggestion that we would be in any position to sign, not a chance, we couldn't afford to sign any of his unborn offspring ffs :lol:
I did say Kroenke to dip into his pockets, not the club. The club can't afford an 18 year old defender, that's why they are loaning him back.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Did I miss something?
Weren't the world and his dog slating Zaha for being a diving cheat last season. I don't want to see him coming to us tbh, and certainly not for 70-80m quid, and at his age.
Apparently, Saliba is coming to us, next year. Would that mean we have to rely on Mustafi being in the line up this season? :banghead:
Holding, Sokratis and then take your pick from 3 others, unless we get another ready to go player. Cahill? :shock:
I reckon Tierney will be coming too. Although he is from a pub league, he has plenty of improvement in him, going by the Celtic forums.
Ceballos and Soares are getting plenty of write up's in other places. Who knows?

augie

Post by augie »

More Zaha stories/rumours

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -man-city/

Cheeky b.astards :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ried-zaha/

I've got a boner dreaming about this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Said to my young lad this morning that I'm not expecting us to sign him, but that it wouldn't really shock me if we did sign him (on loan)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... al-madrid/

augie

Post by augie »

Only 18 more days of dogshite/ridiculous rumours like this

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... fer-latest

:roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :banghead: :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

And now a rumour saying that we are not in for everton soares :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... ton-Soarez

augie

Post by augie »

He's a great man ………. still under contract but negotiating with other clubs anyway :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -1-return/

I so wish the club has the balls to send this c.unt down to the ressies for the next 12 months 8)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

He will go and we will get money for our self sustainability , we might get the targetswe are afterand a Kos replacement if we spread the payments thinly over 4 or 5 years . If we have to pay up front it's all off.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

In other news, along with Petr Cech, another four ex-gooners retired this summer. Benayoun, Chamakh, Julio "The Beast" Baptista, and Van Persie. All played at the Emirates. All brought us absolutely no success. Although, they did contribute to some of our best games in that period. The 7-5 victory over Reading, the 6-3 victory at Anfield, 5-3 victory at Chelski and the 4-4 draw at anfield.

augie

Post by augie »

Oh no, we mightn't get Zaha after all :roll:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ried-zaha/

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone else heard about this?

Sven Mislintat tells why? he left Arsenal as the Head Scout Hugh Wizzy reporting on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iMXgGCbi6E

Just the first 10 minutes says much, and it doesn't sound very good for Arsenal's way of buying etc in the future. (sorry for the bad news)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I have a really horrible feeling that Bale is somehow going to end up back at Spurs on loan :?