ST Renewals 2019/20

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: ST Renewals 2019/20

Post by herbert »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 pm
well if you are happy with the way things are that's fair enough.
Happy Rob :banghead: Only for 90 minutes if the Arsenal are playing in R & W or Y & B :lol: Fkin Duck egg I at to put up with last season

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

herbert wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:35 am
Clash wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:33 am
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:23 pm

Point remains, as little you think it might be, actually over a grand is a lot to some people!, you are giving KSE your money. The truth is the truth.

:roll:
and this IS the point - the business model at Arsenal is based on enough people paying their season tickets up front.
if people didn't do this then it would soon collapse and Kroenke would probably pack up and go.

too many people at Arsenal maintain their season tickets just because....
I know you have consistently said this Rob and fair enough … but were you not also someone who at the same time as criticising ST holders regularly accepted ‘freebies’’ to attend games? The fact that you didn’t pay for the ticket doesn’t matter because someone did and you filled the seat. It was the empty seats that got Wenger out in the end so everyone accepting freebies arguably did as much harm as ST holders.

Not meaning to dig you out … I’m just pointing out that if you scrutinise it properly then we’ve probably all been guilty (for want of a better word) in some way or another of supporting a vile regime. Even those who gave up tickets and didn’t attend anymore … because that meant there were less true fans inside the ground at the time we needed our real fans to be seen and heard.
no not me, I have never accepted a "freebie" to attend any Arsenal game.
I hold my hands up though and say that I did attend some games last season. There is a difference between attending a few games and paying £1K + a season in advance for a ticket though.
My point has always been that Arsenal is now a business. The business model is that it sells enough season tickets each season, and then it can therefore justify not spending any money on players because the "customers" are obviously satisfied. Season ticket holders ultimately kept Wenger in his job all those years, despite some of them being his greatest critics.
Oh well Rob,at least the season ticket holders went to Wembley 10 times in 4 yrs and with 3 fa cup wins included :barscarf: it could be worse you could be a seasdon ticket holder at one of the 95 % of English football clubs that win fuck all
:lol:

herbert you mean to say there are other footy fans out there with less to cheer than us :barscarf:

Poor bast.ards :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:02 pm
herbert wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:04 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Clash wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

and this IS the point - the business model at Arsenal is based on enough people paying their season tickets up front.
if people didn't do this then it would soon collapse and Kroenke would probably pack up and go.

I know you have consistently said this Rob and fair enough … but were you not also someone who at the same time as criticising ST holders regularly accepted ‘freebies’’ to attend games? The fact that you didn’t pay for the ticket doesn’t matter because someone did and you filled the seat. It was the empty seats that got Wenger out in the end so everyone accepting freebies arguably did as much harm as ST holders.

Not meaning to dig you out … I’m just pointing out that if you scrutinise it properly then we’ve probably all been guilty (for want of a better word) in some way or another of supporting a vile regime. Even those who gave up tickets and didn’t attend anymore … because that meant there were less true fans inside the ground at the time we needed our real fans to be seen and heard.
I hold my hands up though and say that I did attend some games last season. There is a difference between attending a few games and paying £1K + a season in advance for a ticket though.
My point has always been that Arsenal is now a business. The business model is that it sells enough season tickets each season, and then it can therefore justify not spending any money on players because the "customers" are obviously satisfied. Season ticket holders ultimately kept Wenger in his job all those years, despite some of them being his greatest critics.
Oh well Rob,at least the season ticket holders went to Wembley 10 times in 4 yrs and with 3 fa cup wins included :barscarf: it could be worse you could be a seasdon ticket holder at one of the 95 % of English football clubs that win fuck all

herbert you mean to say there are other footy fans out there with less to cheer than us :barscarf:

Poor bast.ards :lol:
Yep just like you Jock they keep coming back for more :lol: it must be a bug like rodders said he has 8)

Clash

Post by Clash »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Clash wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:23 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:32 pm

Please restrict your trolling to one thread please Rob ,I doubt if my season tickets would amount to the cost of Baliffs to remove people from their life long homes that stan kick them out of in texas !
Point remains, as little you think it might be, actually over a grand is a lot to some people!, you are giving KSE your money. The truth is the truth.

:roll:

Apologies Rob, my mistake.

I understand your point too. Renewing the ST has been a dilemma for years. I am still not sure if there is a wrong or right answer to be honest.

The counter argument to ST holders keeping Wenger in a job is that the refusal to renew from fans who wanted him out, actually meant he survived longer as there was not enough hostility towards him at games.

But who knows ?! :suicide:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Finally received the 2018/19 membership pack, what a fucking embarrassment. How is that worth £10. Absolute joke.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:02 am
Finally received the 2018/19 membership pack, what a fucking embarrassment. How is that worth £10. Absolute joke.
It's not about the pack mate.....you're buying into the dream :lol: :lol: :suicide:

Henry Norris

Post by Henry Norris »

Might have to rent mine out this year, north bank lower £940 if anyone is interested

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Henry Norris wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:22 am
Might have to rent mine out this year, north bank lower £940 if anyone is interested
Shameless. :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Henry Norris wrote:
Funnily enough, £940 is exactly what the club bid for Zaha last week.
"The price is £80m."
"Hmm £80m, eh? Right, will you accept £940?
"No."
"Hmm, umm, ooh, hmmm."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am
Henry Norris wrote:
"The price is £80m."
"No."
"Hmm, umm, ooh, hmmm."
Did we not try the cunning tactic of adding £1 to the bid?

Why the fuck not? :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 am
Henry Norris wrote:
"The price is £80m."
"No."
"Hmm, umm, ooh, hmmm."

No, this time we threw in Iwobi and Mustafi but Palace said that was actually lowering the bid.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:38 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:06 am
Henry Norris wrote:
"The price is £80m."
"No."
"Hmm, umm, ooh, hmmm."

No, this time we threw in Iwobi and Mustafi but Palace said that was actually lowering the bid.

Ah the old reverse strong negotiating position gambit. 8)

"We'll give you 40 million plus Comedy Iwobi and Mustafalaugh".
"No. We want 80 million".
"OK. Hardball huh? We'll give you 40 million and Mustafalaugh but no Comedy Iwobi".
"No. 80 million".
"40 million plus no Comedy Iwobi and no Mustafalaugh?".
"OK. Done deal".

:suicide: