Modern Football Bol**cks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Modern Football Bol**cks

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:45 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:24 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:00 pm
Tottenham will host Women’s Super League champions and north London rivals Arsenal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on November 17.

This is just the start of it, the game taken away from its working class roots for these Latte and iPad wankers now we have this to contend with

Bring back old stadiums and the old crowds :barscarf:

Bit too late for all that now mate :(

But who knows maybe our new lovie fans might just prefer the atmosphere at the girlies soccer and piss off to that soon instead - eat as much pizza as they like, have a bit of a wander around during the match, take plenty of selfies and time to catch up on their social media shite. And all this at a fraction of the price. Could womens football possibly save us from these flakey wan.kers :lol:
You might be onto something there Jock.

Imagine if all the JCL hipster tourist cùnts went off and started going to the lezzerball instead. 8)

It would be the ultimate irony of ironies if the tedious lezzerball shit we all despise actually helped save proper football. :shock:
Kroenke will be certainly eyeing up lezzerball as a way to run Arsenal on the cheap - after all don't the Arsenal women actually still win leagues and things ?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

dunno if it deserves its own thread so throw it in here.

a moped gang with knifes tried to carjack ozil and kolasinac jumped out to confront them

here's the cctv

https://mobile.twitter.com/smhjaames/st ... 82146?s=12

bunch

Post by bunch »

Ironic that this thread has become about the type of football that is guaranteed to be without bol**cks.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

bunch wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:24 pm
Ironic that this thread has become about the type of football that is guaranteed to be without bol**cks.
Isn't it the modern way that it's not what you were born with but how you identify? I expect there will be players in the WSL with bollocks before long!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SSN report from the US - an American kid wearing a france top and talking about his team RM. You gotta love 'em :lol: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just sat here watching SSN for any news of us being in for a CB..........not a peep :?

But I've just seen 'highlights' of Portland V LA which included the Portland mascot :lol: Yup Timber Joey is a lumberjack (no costume) who has a chainsaw and a big old lump of tree trunk from which he hacks off a bit every time Portland score :lol: :lol:

Christ only knows what stunt the septics would pull if they had their own Arsenal / Gunners team - I dread to think :lol:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:42 am
Just sat here watching SSN for any news of us being in for a CB..........not a peep :?

But I've just seen 'highlights' of Portland V LA which included the Portland mascot :lol: Yup Timber Joey is a lumberjack (no costume) who has a chainsaw and a big old lump of tree trunk from which he hacks off a bit every time Portland score :lol: :lol:

Christ only knows what stunt the septics would pull if they had their own Arsenal / Gunners team - I dread to think :lol:
i may of imagined this but I once saw highlights where some of the support were wearing hats in the shape of a piece of cut wood

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:11 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

i may of imagined this but I once saw highlights where some of the support were wearing hats in the shape of a piece of cut wood
:roll: planks

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Pretty deserted inside the Emirates for the women's game (apparently the PC brigade are trying to keep this a secret on social media, as there's absolutely no mention of it)...

But a photo's worth a thousand words: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ddX_XHqJx/

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:11 am
Jock Gooner wrote:

:lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:54 pm
Pretty deserted inside the Emirates for the women's game (apparently the PC brigade are trying to keep this a secret on social media, as there's absolutely no mention of it)...

But a photo's worth a thousand words: https://www.instagram.com/p/B0ddX_XHqJx/
We missed the end of the women's game because we strategically bought another pint and stayed in the pub :lol:

Lower tier and club level were pretty much full today and the middle 5/6 blocks of the east and west upper were both pretty full....not many behind the upper clock end and I couldn't see the NB upper. A reasonable turn out for our very own cup final :roll:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I don't know if it belongs here but whenever any of our precious petals gets a bit of abuse online or gets booed, the 'how dare you' crowd come out in force. One of the greatest aspects of football is that your free to let your own players know they are shit without others trying to regulate your behaviour. Imagine thinking you need to stand up for millionaire footballers, who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire :roll:

herbert

Post by herbert »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:23 am
I don't know if it belongs here but whenever any of our precious petals gets a bit of abuse online or gets booed, the 'how dare you' crowd come out in force. One of the greatest aspects of football is that your free to let your own players know they are shit without others trying to regulate your behaviour. Imagine thinking you need to stand up for millionaire footballers, who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire :roll:
One of the greatest aspects of football is that your free to let other supporters know that you think they are shit because booing a player is not something you agree with :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

And in a move that came right out of the blue :roll:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... le-referee

augie

Post by augie »

I'm not a big fan of the habits and arrogance of modern day footballers, and maybe gestures like this mean more as a result, but well done laca :barscarf:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... n-9-video/