THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by clockender1 »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:24 am

Wenger's real legacy isnt the Invincibles, the two doubles or the great football ... its what we are right now.
this.

had he left in 2006 after Paris then I'd have no arguments. even 2010 slightly.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Clash wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:37 am
I'm actually beginning to like wenger again. Watching him on tv as a pundit and speaking at football functions he's sounds like the wenger pre-emirates days. I actually want to hear what he has to say on the how the game is evolving, the future of football. It's as if he has fallen back in love with the game and speaks passionately about it again. No longer sounds like the old fraud he became.
Would I want him as a manager, no absolutely not.
It is frustrating that history will view Wenger kindly and airbrush out all the negative stuff but you know what he became, you say it above. His ego and self-serving hypocrisy caused our club permanent damage and that shouldn't be forgotten.

We are now an ambition-less, American owned franchise, with a soulless and generic stadium which is the antithesis of our previous home.

Wenger's real legacy isnt the Invincibles, the two doubles or the great football ... its what we are right now.

This. Absolutely. End of.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:34 pm
Nos89 wrote:
I'm actually beginning to like wenger again. Watching him on tv as a pundit and speaking at football functions he's sounds like the wenger pre-emirates days. I actually want to hear what he has to say on the how the game is evolving, the future of football. It's as if he has fallen back in love with the game and speaks passionately about it again. No longer sounds like the old fraud he became.

Man is a c.unt and I hate him for what he has done to our club and the shitfest he has left behind - imo this thread should be locked down until/if he ever gets another job, cos until that day I don't want to even acknowledge his existence :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

And this !

Herd

Post by Herd »

He is still lurking around expecting a big club to beat a path to his door ,it isnt gonna happen. Even the Chinese dont seem keen .

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
I'm still too angry at the way he destroyed us in the last 8 - 10 years of his tenure as manager. Just the sound of his voice makes me want to punch the cuntbag in the adams apple. :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
It is frustrating that history will view Wenger kindly and airbrush out all the negative stuff but you know what he became, you say it above. His ego and self-serving hypocrisy caused our club permanent damage and that shouldn't be forgotten.

We are now an ambition-less, American owned franchise, with a soulless and generic stadium which is the antithesis of our previous home.

Well said Clash mate! Well fuckinn Said.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

This absolute fuck.ing bollox is why we turn to the Star first for all our footballing news :lol:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... nsfer-news

TOF is 70 in October so I'm beginning to think that we are going to be deprived of the much deserved bants that would have come from him joining a new club. Life is so unfair at times :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:50 am
This absolute fuck.ing bollox is why we turn to the Star first for all our footballing news :lol:

TOF is 70 in October so I'm beginning to think that we are going to be deprived of the much deserved bants that would have come from him joining a new club. Life is so unfair at times :lol:
It's amazing that he'll get to 70 after dedicating his life to the club and working 24 hours every day :roll: Like you Jock, I really wanted another set of fans to have to suffer him so we could have a good laugh!

I hope Elton John does a special 70th birthday song for Wenger:

♫ Your legend burned out long before
Your candle ever did ♫

:censored:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Clash wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:15 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:50 am

It's amazing that he'll get to 70 after dedicating his life to the club and working 24 hours every day :roll: Like you Jock, I really wanted another set of fans to have to suffer him so we could have a good laugh!

I hope Elton John does a special 70th birthday song for Wenger:

♫ Your legend burned out long before
Your candle ever did ♫

:lol: :lol:

I like that.

I was going to try and rework some of the lyrics myself but seeing as we're talking wenker and the preceeding lines to yours are

♫ And I would have liked to have known you
But I was just a kid ♫

I think i'll leave well alone 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It's because of Wenger (aka FuckinIDIOT) that we can't get rid of the Vadge smells: Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil and the like.

Clash

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:28 am
It's because of Wenger (aka FuckinIDIOT) that we can't get rid of the Vadge smells: Mustafi, Xhaka, Ozil and the like.
Absolutely right mate.

Some guy said to me a few weeks back that I cant keep blaming Wenger because he's gone now ... but Wenger left us with a good few years worth of problems to sort and he is still very much to blame for a good number of things. And even after going he still had the fucking nerve to accept the money for the last year of his contract.

People might ask why shouldn't he take the money but I think the fact that he did has been far too easily overlooked because it shows what sort of man Wenger really is. A multi-millionaire who truly loved the club wouldnt take that £10m would they? But a multi-millionaire who is a hypocrite and a fucking fraud most definitely would.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I despise the fucker I really do.He's done damage to our great club that will take years to get over :( if we ever do that is :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Apologies for bringing this nightmare of a thread back into view on "On The Terraces"

But I laughed when I saw this on the BBC's footie website:

"Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, who turns 70 in October, wants to return to management - 16 months after the Frenchman ended a near 22-year reign as Gunners boss. (Sun)"

It's got to a point where he has to start using the media to try and get some poor desperate club to give him a job.

If ever there was a Busted flush it's this cun.t, . If he'd really wanted to get back into Football Management why didn't he use a small percentage of his many millions(*) to rescue Bury FC. He could have Bought the club, mind you it was 'Special Circumstances'.

(*) estimated to be around £120 Million.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

'I've had lots of big offers' he says.......

Yes Arsene, the 'Virtual' management offers, just like the 'Virtual' squads you almost signed but never did. You're a sad old busted flush who has little left to offer hence no decent club wants to let you have the chance to leave a similar clusterfuck that everyone could see you left at Arsenal!! :banghead:

I suspect even the Kroenkies have had conversations about how they fucked up by keeping Wenger and Ivan the Snake around for so long.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I see he's back talking about all the nice offers he's had and predicting he might delight the world of football by managing at the 2022 world cup. In other news he reckons VAR would have changed our history by winning the CL for us in 2006 the mad bunny. He's obviously not seen how fucking stupid VAR is. :lol: