Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Nos89 »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:50 am
Chambers as defensive midfield is probably his best position but unfortunately Emery has not been provided with the answer to the Koscielny / Mustafi problem. The fact that Emery has been trying to change Kos' mind shows that buying a centre back is not on Sanhelli's bucket list this window.
For the main part we looked more efficient at the back but Maitland Niles and Leno had their Seaman / Dixon moment and Sokratis went off and stopped talking to Chambers and a great yawning gap appeared at the back and once again we are left to lick wounds of our own making.
So next up a weeks reflection and a trip to Newcastle , I can't see a magic solution arriving , we will go with what we have and make the best of it.
That was one of my best ever Arsenal moments as I was sat in the Directors box at Highbury for that Coventry match in 91 - right in front of George (when he used to have the bat phone to the dug out). Take it from me the language that came from GG's mouth after that og went in was fuck.ing impressive. They always said that they couldn't let him sit too close to the visiting big wigs and they weren't kidding. Yup, the director's box folks you are in the presence of gooner royalty :lol:
I was with the rest of the paupers in the North Bank watching the ball sail over Seaman's head, then him look at dixon in disbelief with his arms out as if to say "what the fuck was that Dicko?" Couldn't hear if he shouted it. It was a remarkable moment.
Although, much prefer Limpar from the halfway line, or wrighty shinning the hat-trick goal that stole the golden boot away from linekar.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:15 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:21 pm
A11M11 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:50 am
Chambers as defensive midfield is probably his best position but unfortunately Emery has not been provided with the answer to the Koscielny / Mustafi problem. The fact that Emery has been trying to change Kos' mind shows that buying a centre back is not on Sanhelli's bucket list this window.
For the main part we looked more efficient at the back but Maitland Niles and Leno had their Seaman / Dixon moment and Sokratis went off and stopped talking to Chambers and a great yawning gap appeared at the back and once again we are left to lick wounds of our own making.
So next up a weeks reflection and a trip to Newcastle , I can't see a magic solution arriving , we will go with what we have and make the best of it.
That was one of my best ever Arsenal moments as I was sat in the Directors box at Highbury for that Coventry match in 91 - right in front of George (when he used to have the bat phone to the dug out). Take it from me the language that came from GG's mouth after that og went in was fuck.ing impressive. They always said that they couldn't let him sit too close to the visiting big wigs and they weren't kidding. Yup, the director's box folks you are in the presence of gooner royalty :lol:
I was with the rest of the paupers in the North Bank watching the ball sail over Seaman's head, then him look at dixon in disbelief with his arms out as if to say "what the fuck was that Dicko?" Couldn't hear if he shouted it. It was a remarkable moment.
Although, much prefer Limpar from the halfway line, or wrighty shinning the hat-trick goal that stole the golden boot away from linekar.

Yes they are both classic moments too although I was in my usual East Lower for them both.....wrighty nicking the golden boot was greeted like a cup win :lol: Absolutely brilliant moment. But then again shaking hands with GG as he walked through the old Arsenal trophy room before a match was pretty cool...as he's thinking who are these pair of clowns and how the fu.ck did they get in here :lol:

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Saw all that lot from the North Bank , but then there was this at Ipswich .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ6vr1C ... annel=null

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

sorry to harp on, but he has done a top job with his picks so far this window, all very consistent with his track record of giving players one year to prove themselves or moving them on. and signing young players from lower divisions.

he's going to give Nelson and Chambers a chance to shine and he's off loaded Jenko (sadly) and Iwobi.

i think two of ozil, mustafi , miti and Xhaka will be gone by the close of the next window.

Luiz is a stop gap caused by Kos' departure.

i am well excited for the season. it will take time to gel of course and we might start slowly, but we have a young vibrant team and i think we are going to be a joy too watch this year.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Okay Unai over to you now.
Masimiliano Allegri is waiting in the wings...no pressure.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Just watched Dick's news conference on SSN........no idea what he said :lol:

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 pm

haha :lol: :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Just watched Dick's news conference on SSN........no idea what he said
Good Ebening? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm waiting with baited breath.............I think he talks as much gobbldygook as TOF. But then tof talked shite even when he was successful

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

What amazes me is that all the incompetence of last season, seems to have been forgotten by most on here.
For anyone who thinks that will change, well when we see who he appoints as captain, ie “his voice and his leader” on the pitch? Well that should give us some indication of his judgement of ability and character!
If it’s xhaka?? Then my opinion will be validated!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 am
What amazes me is that all the incompetence of last season, seems to have been forgotten by most on here.
For anyone who thinks that will change, well when we see who he appoints as captain, ie “his voice and his leader” on the pitch? Well that should give us some indication of his judgement of ability and character!
If it’s xhaka?? Then my opinion will be validated!

Must not take the bait. Must not take the bait. :wink: :lol:

On a more serious level sid, I'm not as anti xhaka as you are (wouldnt be a million miles apart either), but I would much rather have one captain even if it is xhaka, than this bullshit of 5 different captains. I don't know if his 5 captains policy is born out of a lack of conviction about the leadership of any single player, but to me it reads like a lack of leadership and a fear of upsetting players by his choice of captain :oops:

I dont have much confidence in luiz's defensive discipline, but I do wonder if making him a captain might give him a responsibility to the team and make him focus more :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Gud Ebening? :? :D :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

With the transfer dealings over the last two summers and the 'success' of last season 3rd and Europa Cup win is minimum for a successful season from Emery surely :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:02 pm
With the transfer dealings over the last two summers and the 'success' of last season 3rd and Europa Cup win is minimum for a successful season from Emery surely :rubchin:
Don't agree on a technicality mate. Whilst I could not give a flying shit about the now massively devalued CL personally, if Dick gets that 4th spot and puts the club back in amongst Europe's elite (plus tottingham and the victims and all the other 3rd and 4th place teams in Europe :oops: :roll: ) then he could be said to have had a successful season - and I think that is how the wig molester will judge him.