OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Ozil and Kolasinac attempted hijacking

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am
Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:18 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:19 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Typical. It's Ozils car, and like his Arsenal career he is nowhere to be seen :roll:
A tad bit hypocritical to say he is nowhere to be seen in his Arsenal career when he has done a fair bit with what he had up front since 2013. At RM he was unplayable and albeit the two leagues being different we also need to account who he had with him at RM and what shite he shifted to when he joined us where people ate chances after chances he plated for them.

With his wife being in the car (and people say Sead's too) not very wise to jump out the car and try to defend when it's easier to just put the foot down. Last thing you want to do is jump out and get your car stolen because you thought there were 4 you were fighting against but in reality they were 6.
Rian were u drunk when you wrote that ? Just wondering like !
Alcohol and drugs aren't my thing, I tend to stay away from the Ozil bandwagon hate, especially when some of us get our judgements clouded and question his Arsenal integrity. Wanna question the past two seasons? Fine but don't be acting like he didn't do anything for the club at all.
Can you think of one game where he was the difference between the 2 sides? And when you spend the kind of money we've spent on him you expect something in return. I would say the club has done a LOT more for him than he's done for the club. He signed his extension virtually at gunpoint only because nobody else came in for him and because Wenger offered him stupid money having made a pigs ear of both his & Sanchez's contracts. For such a gifted player his performances have been a massive disappointment..........And his Arsenal "integrity" doesn't exist, as I said earlier, despite holding on & holding on he only eventually signed because nobody came in for him.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Now that a few days have gone by since this happened ... is it okay to remind everyone that Kolasinac is fucking shit? 8) :)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Rian1 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:21 am
Herd wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:18 am
Rian1 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:19 pm
CloakedGooner wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:45 pm
Typical. It's Ozils car, and like his Arsenal career he is nowhere to be seen :roll:
A tad bit hypocritical to say he is nowhere to be seen in his Arsenal career when he has done a fair bit with what he had up front since 2013. At RM he was unplayable and albeit the two leagues being different we also need to account who he had with him at RM and what shite he shifted to when he joined us where people ate chances after chances he plated for them.

With his wife being in the car (and people say Sead's too) not very wise to jump out the car and try to defend when it's easier to just put the foot down. Last thing you want to do is jump out and get your car stolen because you thought there were 4 you were fighting against but in reality they were 6.
Rian were u drunk when you wrote that ? Just wondering like !
Alcohol and drugs aren't my thing, I tend to stay away from the Ozil bandwagon hate, especially when some of us get our judgements clouded and question his Arsenal integrity. Wanna question the past two seasons? Fine but don't be acting like he didn't do anything for the club at all.
I don't disagree with the fact he has less to work with at Arsenal but I can also say he hasn't always put a shift in too.I don't give a shit what he did at Madrid only what he does at Arsenal and that isn't a lot . I did retract my original comments too about him running off !

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac left out of Arsenal squad for opening Premier League game against Newcastle following 'further security incidents' after carjacking attempt in July https://t.co/MQRrw2QeqU https://t.co/YXSh1G2pSo

Midz

Post by Midz »

WTF??

I really don't get this at all. 'Further security issues' - are they serious? (the fbi, not the players)

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Midz wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:54 pm
WTF??

I really don't get this at all. 'Further security issues' - are they serious? (the fbi, not the players)
Me neither, all sounds a load of old bs to me. Are they concerned that the would be car jackers are going to have a pop at the team plane / train / coach on the way up to Newcastle. If the club want to put on additional security obviously they can - just seen the club statement issued and the police were not involved in the actual decision not to travel. Very weird - maybe we're getting both of them used to having weekends off :lol:

John F

Post by John F »

Herd wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:45 pm
We should of course be thankful that Mustafi wasn't in the car because he is incapable of fending off an attack !
:D He would not have seen them coming and would of got clobbered from behind.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

“Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac will not be part of the squad for our opening match against Newcastle United following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police,” the club said.

“The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players and their representatives.

“We are liaising with the police and are providing the players and their families with ongoing support.

“We look forward to welcoming the players back to the squad as soon as possible.

We will not be making any further comment on the matter.”

i am guessing that the previous attack wasn't a robbery at all. someone wanted to seriously harm Ozil - maybe this whole German/ Turkish PM thing - were they Kurds ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Understand Ozil and Kolasinac are both safe and unharmed - but they have been targeted more than once, in separate incidents over the past couple of days.

Journalist on Twitter

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Strangest “football” story I’ve ever heard.
Only speculating here, but could they have gotten themselves involved in something with some crooks, and it’s gone tits up?
Attacks seem to be too personal to be “political”
Genuinely concerned that a “scandal” is about to be revealed!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 pm
Only speculating here, but could they have gotten themselves involved in something with some crooks, and it’s gone tits up?
We've been chewing this one over and wondered the same thing. If it's an OCG then you would expect them to pick another soft target and move away from our two. Have they got involved with the wrong sort and something has gone wrong or has Kolasinac embarrassed them so much that they are taking it personally. Might turn out to be interesting. Just seems a bit lame and luvvie at the moment unless of course somebody has put a hit out on Ozil in which case somebody needs to check his insurance premiums are up to date. Don't want a Frank Warren moment.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm
goonersid wrote:
We've been chewing this one over and wondered the same thing. If it's an OCG then you would expect them to pick another soft target and move away from our two. Have they got involved with the wrong sort and something has gone wrong or has Kolasinac embarrassed them so much that they are taking it personally. Might turn out to be interesting. Just seems a bit lame and luvvie at the moment unless of course somebody has put a hit out on Ozil in which case somebody needs to check his insurance premiums are up to date. Don't want a Frank Warren moment.
Embarrassed who? They were wearing masks? Somethings dodgy

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd

Post by Herd »

Of course their both way too poor to hire security for themselves aren't they ,I mean 350 bags a week doesn't leave much room for it does it !

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm
goonersid wrote:
Schizophrenia is a bitch isn't it :lol: