OZIL - Merged Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Ozil and Kolasinac attempted hijacking

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Herd wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:36 pm
Of course their both way too poor to hire security for themselves aren't they ,I mean 350 bags a week doesn't leave much room for it does it !
Exactly, or the club protecting their assets, maybe it's a kebab turf war :rubchin:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Inb4 it isn't as bad as we are all sitting here and assessing/making jokes. They've been targeted more than once in the last month alone and in different occasions. Sometimes, security guards and whatnot isn't enough when you are dealing with the wrong crowd, it isn't about the money.

The club wants the players and their families safe and it is the best thing to do to leave them out rather than have them in the camp and worried about their S/O. We have to remember that both players and OHs aren't from England so they won't have relatives and families like you all do. Friends, yes but that is about it and not sure your mate from down the road will give their lives for you.

If both Mesut and Sead got involved in Turkish mobs or deeper stuff is yet to be seen but hope not and it is just a measure to make sure both parties are safe.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:11 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm
goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:10 pm
Strangest “football” story I’ve ever heard.
Only speculating here, but could they have gotten themselves involved in something with some crooks, and it’s gone tits up?
Attacks seem to be too personal to be “political”
Genuinely concerned that a “scandal” is about to be revealed!
We've been chewing this one over and wondered the same thing. If it's an OCG then you would expect them to pick another soft target and move away from our two. Have they got involved with the wrong sort and something has gone wrong or has Kolasinac embarrassed them so much that they are taking it personally. Might turn out to be interesting. Just seems a bit lame and luvvie at the moment unless of course somebody has put a hit out on Ozil in which case somebody needs to check his insurance premiums are up to date. Don't want a Frank Warren moment.
Embarrassed who? They were wearing masks? Somethings dodgy
Embarrassed who - the bad guys of course! They often wear masks :lol:

Kolasinac single handedly just ever so slightly embarrassed the two twonks wearing the masks.....getting run off by the good guys. Hardly does any credit to your street cred when you're making your living as a bad guy :lol: There will be plenty of folk who know exactly who was involved in that little incident so they will be embarrassed (and mightily fu.cked off) by their failure. Professional old school villains would have moved on rather than hang around to try again once the police are aware. So you'd expect a 'debt' of some sort or they are just chancers who have got the hump because they failed....and looked stupid while doing so and are out for petty revenge.
Last edited by Jock Gooner on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:58 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:
Only speculating here, but could they have gotten themselves involved in something with some crooks, and it’s gone tits up?
We've been chewing this one over and wondered the same thing. If it's an OCG then you would expect them to pick another soft target and move away from our two. Have they got involved with the wrong sort and something has gone wrong or has Kolasinac embarrassed them so much that they are taking it personally. Might turn out to be interesting. Just seems a bit lame and luvvie at the moment unless of course somebody has put a hit out on Ozil in which case somebody needs to check his insurance premiums are up to date. Don't want a Frank Warren moment.
Schizophrenia is a bitch isn't it :lol:
:lol: :lol:

That took me a second to work out - it was clear to me, I knew what I meant :lol: I think the failing is on your part for not being intuitive enough :lol:

Ok..... 'my son and I were chewing the fat over this one'......happy now :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 pm
goonersid wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Kolasinac single handedly just ever so slightly embarrassed the two twonks wearing the masks.....getting run off by the good guys. Hardly does any credit to your street cred when you're making your living as a bad guy :lol: There will be plenty of folk who know exactly who was involved in that little incident so they will be embarrassed (and mightily fu.cked off) by their failure. Professional villains would have moved on rather than hang around to try again once the police are aware. So you'd expect a 'debt' of some sort or they are just chancers who have got the hump because they failed....and looked stupid while doing so and are out for petty revenge.
If you honestly beleve a word of what you posted then the Scottish Education system let you down!

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

goonersid wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 pm
goonersid wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
goonersid wrote:

Kolasinac single handedly just ever so slightly embarrassed the two twonks wearing the masks.....getting run off by the good guys. Hardly does any credit to your street cred when you're making your living as a bad guy :lol: There will be plenty of folk who know exactly who was involved in that little incident so they will be embarrassed (and mightily fu.cked off) by their failure. Professional villains would have moved on rather than hang around to try again once the police are aware. So you'd expect a 'debt' of some sort or they are just chancers who have got the hump because they failed....and looked stupid while doing so and are out for petty revenge.
If you honestly beleve a word of what you posted then the Scottish Education system let you down!
Sid.....let's hear your take on the matter. Do you have any experience in this sort of thing from either side of the fence?

Educated in England thank you very much.

JerseyGooner

Post by JerseyGooner »

is it possible for posters just copy and paste the last comment or specific part of a thread instead of clicking the quote button that attaches everything. By the 12th quoted reply, my fingers are doing a screen treadmill looking at 1 letter on top of another vertically spelling every word. Maybe im only one that it annoys. If so, ignore my grumpy old man comment. tx.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Surely the safest place for Ozil is on the pitch.He'll be invisible

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

JerseyGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:46 pm
is it possible for posters just copy and paste the last comment or specific part of a thread instead of clicking the quote button that attaches everything. By the 12th quoted reply, my fingers are doing a screen treadmill looking at 1 letter on top of another vertically spelling every word. Maybe im only one that it annoys. If so, ignore my grumpy old man comment. tx.
switch your phone to landscape and the quotes revert back to their original size

Nick Bendtners Ego

Post by Nick Bendtners Ego »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:40 pm
“Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac will not be part of the squad for our opening match against Newcastle United following further security incidents which are being investigated by the police,” the club said.

“The welfare of our players and their families is always a top priority and we have taken this decision following discussion with the players and their representatives.

“We are liaising with the police and are providing the players and their families with ongoing support.

“We look forward to welcoming the players back to the squad as soon as possible.

We will not be making any further comment on the matter.”

i am guessing that the previous attack wasn't a robbery at all. someone wanted to seriously harm Ozil - maybe this whole German/ Turkish PM thing - were they Kurds ?
Just really f*cked off gooners I reckon :wink: One way to get him out of his lazy fat cat comfort zone and get him to piss off :rubchin: :wink:

Is it any coincidence that he's suddenly been touted as interested in the American league the last few days? Life is all rosy, he puts in a shift when he feels like it, which unfortunately as we all know, is rare, his ex Miss Turkey is now his missus, has three hundred and fifty thousand good reasons per week to wake up in London and then, in one blink of his Chameleon like eyes, everything is turned upside down. Suddenly the City is not not so rosy. For his own personal safety,he can't most likely go through the motions out on the pitch and that big bag of thieved money masquerading as a wage means F*ck all when you're looking over your shoulder off it. His family are now also considered under threat. Could it be that whoever he's after getting on the wrong side of or mixed up with will actually be the mitigating factor in making him pack his bags over the next few weeks? Dare I say it, a wage drop once there's enough mileage as a distance suddenly becomes a lot more appealing.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Hadn't thought it was a massive smoke screen to fuck him off to wherever but it could be. After all his pal the Turkish president faked a coup so he could lock up and kill his rivals. If he gets killed we collect on the insurance ...........mmmmmm food for thought :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

JerseyGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:46 pm
is it possible for posters just copy and paste the last comment or specific part of a thread instead of clicking the quote button that attaches everything.
well said! :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

I have a customer who did live in Turkey during the winter months and he was telling me that the coup against the Erdogan was widely believed to have been faked for the reasons Herd said.Inviting Erdogan to his wedding has probably upset a lot of people .

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Erdogan is rapidly undoing much of Ataturk's policies on people's rights he is not popular with many people especially those that have left their country to get away. Whether Ozil is getting caught in a sideswipe is conjecture but highly possible.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If it’s political, then Kolasnic was no more than an innocent victim caught up in the incident , who merely defended himself!
So why would he still be under threat?
I still think both are involved in something and are now out of their depth
If true then hopefully it’s illegal and the club can terminate both their contracts