other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by clockender1 »

good luck to Santi tonight - back in the Spain Team. he was speaking fondly of us earlier in the week again. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:40 pm
good luck to Santi tonight - back in the Spain Team. he was speaking fondly of us earlier in the week again. :barscarf:
:barscarf: :barscarf:

When he was at his best for us he was superb. Loved him as a player. 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:43 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:40 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf:

When he was at his best for us he was superb. Loved him as a player. 8)
Totally agree and I have said before that if he had not got injured early doors the season Leicester won the pl I honestly think we would have won it, such was his impression on the team.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Start of the Championship tonight - luton - boro - 3-3.

full league fixtures tomorrow - the might Bees start their last season at GP home to Brum.

real football is back ! :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Who the fu.ck thought that the victims at home to bleedin Norwich would be an interesting opening match fot the season :yawn:

Hope there are some VAR cock ups which go Norwich's way :lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

ouch. he's had a shocker there. seven minutes in to his first PL season and he skys it into his own net :lol:

poor Norwich. welcome to the PL.

LeftfootlegendGooner

This could be 8-0

LeftfootlegendGooner

Well I did post something earlier about VAR but it's now in the twilight zone.

Anyhoo, VAR is shit, we've now had a few minutes delay before the second half because some cunnts VAR pack is broken and he's had to go back to the changing room.

Welcome 100 minute games of football with 30 of those actual football :roll:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

I know I was optimistic for Norwich to knick a point at Anfield but goddamn they are clueless and Liverpool haven't even been half as good as they can. Their first 5 fixtures are really tough, they may well come out with nothing out of all those.

On this note, Alisson injured will fuck my Fantasy League but wonder if it is any deeper than a week or two. Sané for City, Alisson for Liverpool thus far. Though, I still think City have lost more, not sure what they replace him with and the pressure now shifts on KDB and Sterling more than ever to perform with Aguero needing to hit everything in.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Norwich starting as they'll probably continue..... Must be an odds on team to go down..."Let's be 'aving you" :oops: :oops: :oops:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Eddie v Jenks on the telly today :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

No Eddie and Jenks on the bench :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:58 am
Norwich starting as they'll probably continue..... Must be an odds on team to go down..."Let's be 'aving you" :oops: :oops: :oops:

Personally I think that they are going the burnley route - get promoted, don't overspend but add 2 or 3 players, take the expected relegation, come back up with much the same squad as what won promotion 2 seasons earlier, and be better prepared and have more money to spend second time around in the premier league. Plan worked really well for burnley, where as Fulham came up and spent a fortune and bloated the playing staff both on numbers and wage bill

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Man City thrashing the Shammers and VAR apparently ruining everything as per usual.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:53 am
xisstential wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:58 am

Personally I think that they are going the burnley route - get promoted, don't overspend but add 2 or 3 players, take the expected relegation, come back up with much the same squad as what won promotion 2 seasons earlier, and be better prepared and have more money to spend second time around in the premier league. Plan worked really well for burnley, where as Fulham came up and spent a fortune and bloated the playing staff both on numbers and wage bill
Quintessential yo-yo team. Prem....down...couple of seasons or more, back up...couple of seasons, down again. Tired of those teams....wouldn't mind seeing Leeds in the Prem again, or another Brighton perhaps.....just someone different.

Prem league needs a shake up really. Top 6 is pretty much fixed, then you get your mid table water treaders, then the usual suspects or newly promoted, fighting relegation.