other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SydneyGooner »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Man City thrashing the Shammers and VAR apparently ruining everything as per usual.
A net transfer spend of £1b over the last 9 years will do that.

All perfectly within the rules of course, we all know Man City have been operating on a £100m profit a season for the last decade or so, all organic growth.

:twisted:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:40 pm
Man City thrashing the Shammers and VAR apparently ruining everything as per usual.

All perfectly within the rules of course, we all know Man City have been operating on a £100m profit a season for the last decade or so, all organic growth.

Honestly, as long as they keep stopping the bindippers from winning the league, then it's money well spent. It doesn't bother me that much because we're not going to be able to compete with them and they have put the chavs and Manure in the shade for a while now. We had our chance to challenge them a few years back but wanker fucked it all up and let Leicester win the league and then the board allowed him to hang around like a rotting corpse for five years when we could have had Pep or Klopp or whoever else better.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:50 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

Honestly, as long as they keep stopping the bindippers from winning the league, then it's money well spent. It doesn't bother me that much because we're not going to be able to compete with them and they have put the chavs and Manure in the shade for a while now. We had our chance to challenge them a few years back but wanker fucked it all up and let Leicester win the league and then the board allowed him to hang around like a rotting corpse for five years when we could have had Pep or Klopp or whoever else better.
It's just all a bit now though isn't it? At least if Liverpool win it they've accomplished something in a sporting sense.

Man City and the Chavs before them to a lesser extent literally never did anything impressive, ever. They got bought by oil money, and then they hired the best, bought the best, and started winning. Wow, what a story.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:08 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:

It's just all a bit now though isn't it? At least if Liverpool win it they've accomplished something in a sporting sense.

Man City and the Chavs before them to a lesser extent literally never did anything impressive, ever. They got bought by oil money, and then they hired the best, bought the best, and started winning. Wow, what a story.
But in the end Liverpool didn't win the title and we all lived happily ever after :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:21 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

But in the end Liverpool didn't win the title and we all lived happily ever after :lol:
Just remind me, is that nearly 3 decades now? I really can't remember? Hmm, 30 years nearly. Wouldn't it be funny if teams like I don't know, say for instance, Blackburn or Leicester won it more recently than them? City can spend a trillion pounds every day for all I care. If we don't win it, then anyone who stops the bindippers or scum (god forbid) or chavs winning it will get my support. I'll even chuck Manure into that side of the bargain too.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SydneyGooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:

Sydney, I’m assuming you’re posting from Oz ? and therefore not as informed on these murdering, thieving, victim scumbag bastards as you should be, before suggesting that it would be “sporting” if they were to win the plge!
If they picked 11 homeless alcoholic cripples off the street, trained them up and fielded them every game, they still wouldn’t merit what you posted!
They are C U N T S

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

As long as we're not winning it City can win it every season, the alternative is scumbag clubs like Pool, Chavski, Spuds or United.

"the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

:roll:

I'd prefer Everton, Wolves or someone else to win it just to make it more interesting but that is very unlikely despite all the Sky bs about how exciting the PL is, sure Leicester won it once but take that season out and it's been more or less a monopoly of the richest clubs for the last 15 years - City, Chelsea and United.

At least City aren't in London and aren't United!.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:14 pm
As long as we're not winning it City can win it every season, the alternative is scumbag clubs like Pool, Chavski, Spuds or United.

I'd prefer Everton, Wolves or someone else to win it just to make it more interesting but that is very unlikely despite all the Sky bs about how exciting the PL is, sure Leicester won it once but take that season out and it's been more or less a monopoly of the richest clubs for the last 15 years - City, Chelsea and United.

Fair enough. I can definitely agree with that sentiment. I suppose I would have respected it a bit more if City's dominance was a bit more "organic" with say a couple of seasons of heavy investment and then building success from there instead of this bullshit. They've spent over £200 million the past couple of summers just on fucking fullbacks. Only a couple of days they've just broken the record sum spent on a full back getting Cancelo for a deal worth £60 million.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

The scum are currently a goal down at halftime at home to Villa. :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Brentford gad a great win at boro :barscarf:

Canos play for the set up of the assist was Bergkampesque i hear. Lol.

And stoke lost again - they are joint bottom :barscarf:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:09 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

Fair enough. I can definitely agree with that sentiment. I suppose I would have respected it a bit more if City's dominance was a bit more "organic" with say a couple of seasons of heavy investment and then building success from there instead of this bullshit. They've spent over £200 million the past couple of summers just on fucking fullbacks. Only a couple of days they've just broken the record sum spent on a full back getting Cancelo for a deal worth £60 million.
Why should they go the 'organic' way when all of top 5 clubs in the world spend millions every transfer window. It is at a state where competition involves 20% on youth and 80% on spending money + manager. They got plenty, so they are free to spend them at their will, why are people (not you, in general) hating them for winning due to financial backing. Pep plays a big part in all this too and let's not kid ourselves and think any team can win the league with a budget and no tactical manager. The league and football have turned around money a bit more due to economics and inflation so clubs that adjust to it, win and those who take more time.. they lose out.

We went the 'organic' way and look at us competing with Wolves for an EL spot. Kudos for them for having £ and a great manager. We have one of our one but £ was (until this window) a problem. They dwelled on Cancelo (which is worth 25m by the way, not 60) for about half a week. We were all over the place to try and negotiate with Celtic over 25m.

I do apologise but I don't entertain the idea of silly envious fans with '1bn net spend in 10 years of course they will win' statements. So it's their fault their owners and COO are forward minded people with an actual ambition to drive the club forward and compete with the top teams and win silver. Acting like they wouldn't be over the moon if Stan pledged 1bn over the next 10 years for Arsenal.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Rian1 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:13 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:09 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:

Why should they go the 'organic' way when all of top 5 clubs in the world spend millions every transfer window. It is at a state where competition involves 20% on youth and 80% on spending money + manager. They got plenty, so they are free to spend them at their will, why are people (not you, in general) hating them for winning due to financial backing. Pep plays a big part in all this too and let's not kid ourselves and think any team can win the league with a budget and no tactical manager. The league and football have turned around money a bit more due to economics and inflation so clubs that adjust to it, win and those who take more time.. they lose out.

We went the 'organic' way and look at us competing with Wolves for an EL spot. Kudos for them for having £ and a great manager. We have one of our one but £ was (until this window) a problem. They dwelled on Cancelo (which is worth 25m by the way, not 60) for about half a week. We were all over the place to try and negotiate with Celtic over 25m.

I do apologise but I don't entertain the idea of silly envious fans with '1bn net spend in 10 years of course they will win' statements. So it's their fault their owners and COO are forward minded people with an actual ambition to drive the club forward and compete with the top teams and win silver. Acting like they wouldn't be over the moon if Stan pledged 1bn over the next 10 years for Arsenal.

Fucking Republican :cussing:

Only kidding :lol: Football - It's by and large a free market economy tempered slightly by the inconvenience of FFP.

Some businesses operate with FTSE 100 status, some the AIM and the rest can only dream - that's just life but it won't stop people bitching about it not being fair.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:

Too right mate, last thing we need is those gobshyte thieves giving it large (r), it's bad enough already - Any sports/footie on the radio or social media and they're always gobbing off, they think they know everything and worst of all they think they're entitled - Forever playing the Victims. bunch of cun.ts.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:25 pm
The scum are currently a goal down at halftime at home to Villa. :barscarf:
Yeah till that Fath Thunned cun.t scored... :( :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Chavs 1-0 down already. :barscarf:

Utd away at wolves next week and the dustbins are at city.

We should be third next week :box: