Newcastle Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Newcastle Away

Post by Redarmy »

Fuck sake ...taking free kick from 10 yards away???

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Ref is fucking poor

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

We’re doing our utmost to toss this away

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 pm
exactly total loss of control

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 pm
yeah, we should make That our Motto

:?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yaaaaaay! :barscarf:

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

TAke the 3 points, but our ball retention was tragic.
Good for new lads to get a run.
Miki should drop to bench, no idea how he got 80 minutes today.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Lovely. That'll do nicely. Three points, no real alarms and a real shithole of an away game out the way early.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Today was all about the 3 points, GET FUCKING IN :barscarf:

There's been massive upheaval in the squad this summer and it will take a bit of time for everyone to bed in so every win we rack up in the meantime is going to be vital.

It was a good time to go up and play them there too, not many will get as easy a ride as that over the course of the season so absolutely delighted with that.

Another 3 points against Burnley now please.

Buzzing.....1 nil to the Arsenal :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Good to get the old 1-0 to the Arsenal. :barscarf:

Dodgy team selection and a poor display against a VERY poor Geordie team to be honest.

Words fail me when it comes to Xhaka and Mkhitarian, what the hell does Dick see to include them so often? We will never win big titles with them in the team, it’s impossible. Until he accepts these two are wasters we will be up against it.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not a great match but happy with the 3 points, blooded a few younger and new players early against a bunch of dirty *word censored*, no injuries and relatively comfortable 1-0 to the Arsenal.

As said above we need to work on ball retention as we gave it away far too easily at times and we need to work on winning high balls in midfield, which we lost 90% of the time.

After a good start last season i am really beginning to struggle with Guendozi, i'm not sure what he is supposed to be, he doesn't really tackle, doesn't win high balls, dwells on the ball and gets it knicked too often and his distribution is poor at times too :rubchin:

I though Chambers and Sokratis were fairly solid but i'd love to see them win the ball more often when its crossed.

Pepe will take time to adjust but didn't do much wrong when he came on, Ceballos looks ok but again needs a little time to adjust to the quicker pace, he got the ball knicked a couple of times although worked hard to get it back, Martinelli is the one that intrigues me, he looks like a hard worker and is not scared to get stuck in, he needs to be careful though as i can see him getting a few yellows with the little niggle kicks from behind.

Over all not a bad match and considering how bad we were away from home last season i'll take 1-0 every away game of the season if possible :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That starting 11 must have had 6 or 7 different players form the team that took to the field in the opening fixture last season.

So much change in the last 12 months and with the addition of so many youngsters the team it's inevitable we're not going to be at full pelt from the get go.

There are some tough fixtures on the horizon but the objective should be to get to the first international break without taking too much damage. After that the team should settle and grow more confident.

Softly softly to begin with this season, win ugly, win lucky, whatever, just get the job done and the more games these players play together the better this team will become.

COME ON YOU FUCKING GUNNERS :barscarf:

I'm absolutely buzzing for this season, all that stale shit is in the past, this feels like a fresh new beginning, it's certainly not going to boring and predictable like seasons past.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

They were shite...we were shite....game was shite.....result wasn't shite...... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

wins a win, flat track bullying of burnley and will all be cock a hoop

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Mikitarian and Guendouzi look weak links to me

On the positive side i like AMN stuck to his job really well, fantastic interception and cross for our goal

Auba had work to do but took the goal really well

Clean sheet is a bonus, Burnley up next...