Newcastle Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Newcastle Away

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:57 pm
Today was all about the 3 points, GET FUCKING IN :barscarf:

There's been massive upheaval in the squad this summer and it will take a bit of time for everyone to bed in so every win we rack up in the meantime is going to be vital.

It was a good time to go up and play them there too, not many will get as easy a ride as that over the course of the season so absolutely delighted with that.

Another 3 points against Burnley now please.

Buzzing.....1 nil to the Arsenal :barscarf:

Abso-fucking-lutely.

If we played faster and more exciting football and even ended up winning 2-1, we still would have fans complaining about the inability to keep a clean sheet :roll:

Did we play well ? No we absolutely did not. Did I expect better ? Absolutely. Was I happy with the team selection ? No I was not, but the 3pts and clean sheet were paramount for me today and from that perspective it is job done.

No doubt that armenian c.unt is getting worse with each passing week. Xhaka was absolutely shocking. Monreal's main contribution these days is waving his arms in the air like a fool complaining over every single decision :roll: Willock started well but was woeful in the second half. Nelson is simply not ready for this level yet- movement off the ball is poor, and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

It's funny the way peoples opinions differ so much, cos for me sokratis, guendouzi and chambers were far and away our best players - how auba got motm is beyond me :?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm
That starting 11 must have had 6 or 7 different players form the team that took to the field in the opening fixture last season.

So much change in the last 12 months and with the addition of so many youngsters the team it's inevitable we're not going to be at full pelt from the get go.

There are some tough fixtures on the horizon but the objective should be to get to the first international break without taking too much damage. After that the team should settle and grow more confident.

Softly softly to begin with this season, win ugly, win lucky, whatever, just get the job done and the more games these players play together the better this team will become.

COME ON YOU FUCKING GUNNERS :barscarf:

Bang on Rodders there mate.

We had ONE clean sheet away from home last year.

Our defence never looked troubled and Reiss, Willock, Ashley and Dozer were kicked to fuck. All put in a shift in and gave a few kicks back too.

Auba had an off day today, his first touch was just a bit off even for the goal. On another day he'd have a hat trick.

That was about bedding players in, building a run and confidence- we got the win, a clean sheet and one of the chavs and united has to drop points.

We are up and running. :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:39 pm
Mikitarian and Guendouzi look weak links to me

On the positive side i like AMN stuck to his job really well, fantastic interception and cross for our goal

Auba had work to do but took the goal really well

Clean sheet is a bonus, Burnley up next...

I am a big maitland-niles fan, but he gave away a LOT of possession today, and wasn't all that secure at the back at times too

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:44 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:57 pm
Today was all about the 3 points, GET FUCKING IN :barscarf:

There's been massive upheaval in the squad this summer and it will take a bit of time for everyone to bed in so every win we rack up in the meantime is going to be vital.

It was a good time to go up and play them there too, not many will get as easy a ride as that over the course of the season so absolutely delighted with that.

Another 3 points against Burnley now please.

Buzzing.....1 nil to the Arsenal :barscarf:

Abso-fucking-lutely.

If we played faster and more exciting football and even ended up winning 2-1, we still would have fans complaining about the inability to keep a clean sheet :roll:

Did we play well ? No we absolutely did not. Did I expect better ? Absolutely. Was I happy with the team selection ? No I was not, but the 3pts and clean sheet were paramount for me today and from that perspective it is job done.

No doubt that armenian c.unt is getting worse with each passing week. Xhaka was absolutely shocking. Monreal's main contribution these days is waving his arms in the air like a fool complaining over every single decision :roll: Willock started well but was woeful in the second half. Nelson is simply not ready for this level yet- movement off the ball is poor, and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired.

It's funny the way peoples opinions differ so much, cos for me sokratis, guendouzi and chambers were far and away our best players - how auba got motm is beyond me :?
No mention of Ashley Maitland Niles, was under real pressure at times but i thought he done really well

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Redarmy wrote:

On the positive side i like AMN stuck to his job really well, fantastic interception and cross for our goal

I am a big maitland-niles fan, but he gave away a LOT of possession today, and wasn't all that secure at the back at times too
They all did. It was that type of game - disjointed, niggly fouls etc etc against a typical bruce team.

When we beat burnley, we should be a little more confident at Anfield due to today. Especially as Liverpool will let us play.

I felt like Rodders, today is a new beginning.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:05 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:46 pm
Redarmy wrote:

They all did. It was that type of game - disjointed, niggly fouls etc etc against a typical bruce team.

When we beat burnley, we should be a little more confident at Anfield due to today. Especially as Liverpool will let us play.

I felt like Rodders, today is a new beginning.
Wins will build the confidence, nice to be optimistic again :D

Quite a few players to bring back as well....hoping we go to Liverpool with 2 wins under our belt..and lets give it a real go up there

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:

Neither are probably first choice in those positions when all personnel are available to us

Pepe is going to offer so much more than Mick O Taryan
The Douzi is okay, but nothing special right now, needs to kick on this season. He has time to get to the next level

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:01 pm

The Douzi is okay, but nothing special right now, needs to kick on this season. He has time to get to the next level
Lets hope that's not Wenger's 'next level' otherwise he'll be plying his trade in the Championship next season. :roll: :twisted:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

StuartL wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Neither are probably first choice in those positions when all personnel are available to us

What is the next level? :D

Yes agree mostly with above, a lot of players to come back, nice to win on the opening game, and a clean sheet
Think they will make top 4

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Emery's post-match interview with the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/49313350

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

Personally I reckon you are under-valuing him - for me him and torreira should be the nailed on centre mid's with either Ceballos or Willock playing in front of them. I aint picking douzi in their just to get xhaka out of the team, because I absolutely believe that he is further developed and more ready to be a starter than Willock or nelson or Ceballos if I'm honest. I really, really like what is going on with the squad rebuild/redevopment since le cock was bombed out - young players like douzi, Willock, pepe, maitland-niles, Tierney etc can be the backbone of this club for many years to come, and it is kinda exciting to do almost a full reset from where we were 15 months ago

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Delighted with that win. With the team we had out, we could easily have fucked it up but to get a win and a clean sheet was brilliant. The only downside of today is that again Emery plays average shit like Mhykitarian against all logic. The guy does nothing to justify being at the club, let alone being in the squad. I hope we arent seeing a Wenger trait like sticking with dross against all reason.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Take that ,didn't play particularly well,but considering we weren't at full strength ,nothing wrong with 3 away pts and a clean sheet.

Sooner Pepe is up and running the better, Mikhi won't get game time, I hope,he is truly awful.Another big plus was no mustafi in the squad,writing is on the wall for him that's if he can read it.CBs steady enough if not spectacular but in fairness Newcastle didn't create a whole lot.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Auba scored his 33rd Premier League goal in 50 appearances today.....
His winning strike against Newcastle makes him the most prolific Arsenal player in 50 PL games.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Delighted with the win even as already said it wasn't our best game.
Miki is just a *word censored*!