Newcastle Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: Newcastle Away

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:08 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:28 am
I wish someone would have a word with Auba about that somersault celebration. He’s gonna do himself an injury :roll:
I think a Portsmouth player did that once when he celebrated scoring against us with a back flip and then had to go off :barscarf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9NdXGGmisY

That'll teach the cun.t to score against THE Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you OBG, yep thats the one mate :D :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:high5: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 am

We need a top quality number 10 and I cannot see anyone in this squad that is anywhere near that level. Going with fast wingers is not the solution as most of our players cannot cross and if we do develop or buy a fast winger that is a good crosser we don't have a striker that is any good with his head.
Ashley won the ball in our own half, ran 50 yards with it and then delivered an inch perfect cross for auba.

i'm not sure what else we'd want ?

Pepe can play #10 and Ceballos too.

Maybe its Monday Morning Madness, but i see nothing but good things ahead for this squad.

tomorrow morning they will be buzzing in training.

compared to the chav kids who will be distraught. :twisted:
One run and pass does not mean he is a top player though. Also watch it again. That cross was not inch perfect. I hate to be critical of a decent young player that has shown a bit if endeavour but it was over hit and Boomerang did well to control it on the stretch.

And both Cebellos and Pepe are new to the PL. I cannot see either of them just slotting in as a top quality number 10.

I think it's Monday Morning Madness that has you just a bit alright mate! :wink:

Still as you say we are far happier than the chavs and their returning legend..... :D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm
I think it's Monday Morning Madness that has you just a bit alright mate! :wink:

Still as you say we are far happier than the chavs and their returning legend..... :D
:mrgreen:

Dick was brought in to turn around Sevilla and Valencia. He did it very well and left them in a far better place, although no league titles were won.

we seem headed that way and we still have the January window to come.

if we get 3rd/4th this year and 3rd the year after and he moves on, i will be completely happy after the dross we've had since 2011.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm

:mrgreen:

Dick was brought in to turn around Sevilla and Valencia. He did it very well and left them in a far better place, although no league titles were won.

we seem headed that way and we still have the January window to come.

if we get 3rd/4th this year and 3rd the year after and he moves on, i will be completely happy after the dross we've had since 2011.
I think you are bang on in that tbh. I like him and would love to see him have major success with us.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Actually I am being overly harsh on Maitland Niles. It wasn't inch perfect but it was a brilliant spot and a very good cross. Hopefully he can deliver more of that more often.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:57 pm
Delighted with that win. With the team we had out, we could easily have fucked it up but to get a win and a clean sheet was brilliant. The only downside of today is that again Emery plays average shit like Mhykitarian against all logic. The guy does nothing to justify being at the club, let alone being in the squad. I hope we arent seeing a Wenger trait like sticking with dross against all reason.
Emery wants to get rid of him.He played yesterday because we had 6 players either injured or not match fit.He wont be in the team when our injured players are fit.But if you think we can get rid of him think again.It was that old c**t Wenger who put him on a £200k a week contract. And he stays till his contract runs out.The curse of Wenger remains as long as Mkhitaryan and Ozil are still at the club

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:03 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Delighted with that win. With the team we had out, we could easily have fucked it up but to get a win and a clean sheet was brilliant. The only downside of today is that again Emery plays average shit like Mhykitarian against all logic. The guy does nothing to justify being at the club, let alone being in the squad. I hope we arent seeing a Wenger trait like sticking with dross against all reason.
Emery wants to get rid of him.He played yesterday because we had 6 players either injured or not match fit.He wont be in the team when our injured players are fit.But if you think we can get rid of him think again.It was that old c**t Wenger who put him on a £200k a week contract. And he stays till his contract runs out.The curse of Wenger remains as long as Mkhitaryan and Ozil are still at the club

You do realise wenger has left the club?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Happy with the result - 2 points more than I thought we'd get. Newcastle will go down this year !!. They were unable to score against our defence - that says it all. :barscarf: :barscarf:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 pm

He's still here in spireeeet. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:29 pm
Ernie71 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:

:lol: :lol:
Superb. 8)

GTG

Post by GTG »

On the point of us maybe needing a world class no.10/an interested Ozil to create....

What struck me last season and again during this game is the lack of movement at times from our midfield and attack. So many times Douzi got the ball and was looking up and there was literally nothing on. It leads to us giving the ball away a lot where they are trying to thread eye of the needle balls through when its really not on.

Its something I feel we could work on a lot considering the calibre of attacking options we have.

If you watch Man City, KDB, Silva and Sterling are always on the move. Give and go's are drilled into them.

In fairness Auba's movement was fantastic at times and Nelson was trying to link up a lot more as the game went on.

We need more of it and maybe that would help the creative side of things a lot more.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Ernie71 wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Emery wants to get rid of him.He played yesterday because we had 6 players either injured or not match fit .He wont be in the team when our injured players are fit. But if you think we can get rid of him think again.It was that old c**t Wenger who put him on a £200k a week contract. And he stays till his contract runs out.The curse of Wenger remains as long as Mkhitaryan and Ozil are still at the club
Yeah that's one of the more encouraging things. We were not particularly good but we won and it was far from our best side that we started with. A lot of better players to add to the team over the next few weeks, including an entirely different defence if necessary:

Tierney
Luiz
Holding
Bellerin
Kolasinac

Torreira
Ceballos
Ozil

Pepe
Lacazette

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

GTG wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:47 am
On the point of us maybe needing a world class no.10/an interested Ozil to create....

What struck me last season and again during this game is the lack of movement at times from our midfield and attack. So many times Douzi got the ball and was looking up and there was literally nothing on. It leads to us giving the ball away a lot where they are trying to thread eye of the needle balls through when its really not on.

Its something I feel we could work on a lot considering the calibre of attacking options we have.

If you watch Man City, KDB, Silva and Sterling are always on the move. Give and go's are drilled into them.

In fairness Auba's movement was fantastic at times and Nelson was trying to link up a lot more as the game went on.

We need more of it and maybe that would help the creative side of things a lot more.

This is an excellent point and our lack of movement has been a characteristic of our game for the last decade. As has our lack of a high tempo. these joint issues resulted in the mind numbing spectacle of our passing endlessly across the pitch and backwards, while the opposition are camped on their 18 yd line.

As GTG says, one look at The City and the Liverpool teams, shows how they are always on the move and making themselves available. I think that Guendouzi comes in for undeserved stick tbh and as GTG says, there's not much a centre mid can do, if there's no movement in front of or around him.

I suppose he can always pass the ball to Xhaka, who can set about sparking an attack......for the oppostion !

Clash

Post by Clash »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:41 pm
GTG wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:47 am

This is an excellent point and our lack of movement has been a characteristic of our game for the last decade. As has our lack of a high tempo. these joint issues resulted in the mind numbing spectacle of our passing endlessly across the pitch and backwards, while the opposition are camped on their 18 yd line.

As GTG says, one look at The City and the Liverpool teams, shows how they are always on the move and making themselves available. I think that Guendouzi comes in for undeserved stick tbh and as GTG says, there's not much a centre mid can do, if there's no movement in front of or around him.

I suppose he can always pass the ball to Xhaka, who can set about sparking an attack......for the oppostion !
:lol: In both our home and away matches against Wolves last season, he was their most creative player.